Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Sex tips count as a lifehack, right?

Men's Health posted:

1. "Hold her gaze for a minute. If she's blinking more than normal (which is about 15 times a minute), there's a good chance she's on the Pill; women on birth control blink 32 percent more than those who aren't.”

3. “Stroke her forearm first. This area of the arm is packed with pleasure nerves that respond best to a touch traveling 1 to 10 centimeters per second… [to stimulate] an area of the brain associated with trust and affection.”

6. "If you're out in public but want to make your intentions clear, slowly and firmly flick your tongue against the palm of her hand. If she just wipes it off down her skirt, you've blown it."

17. Rent private fighter jets and fly them.

19. Hire a private violinist to follow you and your woman around on the street.

25. “Adding a touch of danger to the day will stimulate dopamine in her brain, triggering her sex drive.”

Cosmo posted:

8. "Chew a small piece of mango… then take him in your mouth. You can use whatever fruit you have, just don't try anything too acidic, as it can burn him."

9. “Go hot and cold. During oral, suck in air as you go down and blow it out as you go up.”

10. “As you’re going down on him, shake your head from side to side, letting your tongue follow the same pattern on the extra sensitive underside of his penis.”

11. "As you move your mouth up and down his shaft, rotate your hand in a corkscrew motion while spiraling your tongue in the opposite direction."

27. [When you’ve got an annoying roommate] "Rent a horror movie and play it while you have sex. If they hear any screams, they'll assume it's the movie."

29. "When he's least expecting it, tell your man you need some change. Then stick your hand in his pocket and touch his penis through the fabric, pretending that you're really digging around for that coinage you need. When he's good and hard, whisper something in his ear like, "Is that a roll of quarters in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

From here and here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tetracube posted:

It's from this, I assumed it was a parody when I first saw it but looking through the rest of this tumblr I don't think it is.

It's actually from here, I think that tumblr just stole the images and slapped some text on.

quote:

Why not go for a classy & tasteful costume this Halloween. You may notice that although it certainly is understated, it subtly pokes fun at Austrian macroeconomic theory.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ha, look at you scrubs. Soup and cereal's just a pale imitation of the true method.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rad Tad posted:

I still can't stop watching Sandra Lee videos. She totally deserves to be in this thread for her lifehacking baking by not doing any baking at all and decorating every cake like she's a stoner.

I always have to post these whenever Sandra Lee comes up, so here's what happens when you actually make some of her recipes.

It's all fun and games, though, until you go to her wikipedia page and realize that she's an alcoholic because of a legitimately messed up childhood. She had deadbeat parents, and she had to take on the responsibility of raising her four younger siblings when she was 11.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rad Tad posted:

To bring this derail I started back on the tracks, I think she actually has pretty great advice.

Want to bake a cake? You know they sell that poo poo at the grocery store right? Oh yeah, thanks Sandra!

Time saved and you can't gently caress it up.

The trick is that you buy the box mix because it's all basically the same thing, but you make your own frosting because the canned kind is terrible.

A lot of people do it the other way around, in my experience.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Throatwarbler posted:

This is from a few pages back, a thing we did in the army was start fires with those small satchels of coffee whitner. Those things are pretty much just powered vegetable oil or some such and go up like gasoline. Also much less useful than Doritos which are actually edible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRw4ZRqmxOc

Tracula posted:

The only problem I see here is with the fork. The spoon looks perfectly safe.

Christ man, don't microwave metal. It gets way hot. If your ice cream is too cold then just run the spoon under some water or something.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I don't get it. How is this a lifehack?

Rad Tad posted:

Ahahaha this is the best moron :tinfoil: poo poo

Tomato soup turns black when I forget to turn the burner off, too. How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

twoday posted:

stop cooking your eggs in the oven like a square, everyone knows that the best way is to use a rice cooker to achieve perfectly overcooked eggs and rice that tastes of calcium and cloaca

Hey, I have that same rice cooker. It's a piece of poo poo.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lenoon posted:

My American cousins say this is because of the big corn lobby, but I find this unbelievable. Is big corn a real thing?

Pretty much, yeah. The main lobby is called the Corn Refiners Association, and they do poo poo like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ-ByUx552s

The lobbying is mostly about HFCF and corn ethanol. The industry gets some crazy super loving good subsidies, but this really isn't the thread for that discussion.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey posted:

Apparently this idiot has never pumped gas before.

I get what you're saying, but I've honestly never seen a gas pump that doesn't need the handle to be held down for it to work.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The only potential risk with it is if the sensor that detects when the tank is full somehow fails, and the gas overflows.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
dog hackz

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I don't really think hillbillies play much tennis.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Croccers posted:

Found through twitter retweets. I'm afraid to look at the blog.

I had to go check. It's apparently less lifehacks and more, uh

Well I guess that's cute?

Alright, sure, if you say so.

okay yeah no

They actually source their stuff for the most part, and some of the sources even seem somewhat reputable.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

FutonForensic posted:

I guess it's that time again where this video gets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cppOojKBNko

I saw the video length and thought it would be a joke, but no, they're just making Doritos consomme. Ugh.

Though that reminded me, HowToBasic would be good for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHnt56NewQs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0OrZobhSQE

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Robot Jelly posted:

Really? Do we really gotta be this lazy? Making me think of those Goober Stripes PB&J combo jars, which looked just as appetizing and efficient:

Even years later, this parody is still dead on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRntutn8udw

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

melon cat posted:

Oh God. How broke do you have to be to not be able to afford the crappy mints from the dollar store? And if you're too broke afford it, why would it any better to waste more than $1 worth of toothpaste for making poisonous toothpaste mints that can put your partygoers into the hospital?

I can imagine that magazine's next lifehack:
"Run out of juice for your party's mixed alcoholic beverages? Siphon some coolant from your car for a quick substitute! Tastes sweet, with a cool blue/pink colour!"

Uh, did the Awful app gently caress you or something? You're quoting a post from page one.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Wandle Cax posted:

Uh, because you don't drink cooking wine, what is wrong with you :confused:

Cook with the drinking wine you dweeb argh

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tiggum posted:

I feel like this is maybe a location-specific thing, because here in Australia you can buy perfectly good wine for $5 or less for a bottle, but I guess in some places cheap wine isn't a thing? Nobody would buy "cooking wine" here because every supermarket has cheap wine you can buy to drink, and there's no "wine that's too poo poo to drink that you can buy under-aged" because that's ridiculous.

No, it's a thing in America too.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Use a brown paper bag, you weirdos.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I do this, except it's so I can use my phone in the shower.

I'm literally terrible.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Stottie Kyek posted:

This has been going around my Facebook friends. http://www.viralnova.com/eating-foods-wrong/

It's got a few familiar ones in it, like cutting a cupcake in half and smashing it together again, cutting up ice-cream tubs and doing various things with Oreos, but there are some extra stupid ones in there too. Like threading chunks of hot dog onto raw spaghetti strands before boiling them, heating pizza in a waffle iron and smearing a mango all over the inside of a beer mug.

I know they're only hotdogs, but just look at those things. Ugh.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I like how you're going to have to get a knife dirty anyway just to cut the first slice.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

luzie posted:

Why is that? Seems like it would work fine.

Seemed to me like the little plastic serving thingy would get in the way, but maybe it pops off.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BarbarousBertha posted:

Or just don't buy onions by the pallet.

http://www2.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=10180999&whse=BD_115&topnav=bd

But look at the savings! How could you not buy that many onions?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
People, people. How could you all forget about Mafia? It's an okayish GTA clone that's set in the 20s, and up until the end credits, all the music in the game had been public use stuff from the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UObaJndqBo

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cirrial posted:

Life hack: don't ever check if you already posted a life hack, just post, keep posting, never stop, don't ever look back

Basically nobody uses the simple English wikipedia, by the way. It was a little over 100,00 articles, whereas the esperanto wikipedia has almost twice that.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bringmyfishback posted:

Whenever I see these, I always assume they were actually invented for people who need to smuggle clean pee into a drug test.

Nah, that'd never work. It'll be cold by the time you hand it over to the person who's doing the test, and that's a dead giveaway.

Need to pass a drug test? Get a friend to pee into a ziplock bag and then tape it to your leg! #lifehacks #hackyourlife #420peehacks

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This is a dumb as gently caress derail, but I like that knife.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Gridlocked posted:

Isn't that what dodgy people would do when they had an old or lame horse and they wanted to sell it to someone by making it look like it was full of piss and vinegar?

Yep, and now it's a fetish thing.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

C.P.A.N. posted:

So let's recap. I've learned that

- corn goes on pizza
- juniper goes on ham
- ginger goes in vag
- sushi goes in spergs

Realtalk: gonna make me some corn pizza

Hey, ginger goes in the vag and the anus.

Mostly anuses, actually.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Christine posted:

The pot wouldn't become ritually unclean because it was used to boil a dildo. sheesh

Sure, it might not be unhygienic, but would you want to eat some pasta that's been boiled in that pot? I mean, I put dildos up my butt. I wouldn't want to eat any butt dildo pasta.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Christine posted:

That is literally magical thinking. The dildo is unclean, and makes everything it comes into contact with unclean.

Yeah, but on the other hand, butt pasta.

Butt pasta.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm not really sure that's how buttermilk works.

And that's just :barf:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Ugh fine whatever, I don't actually know how buttermilk is made. Have these then, I'm almost positive that they're stupid.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

change my name posted:

Coffee tastes good, you literal robots.

It's true, I'm an expert.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Smelly posted:

Nah, keep in mind that in America (more specifically Florida because of loving course it's Florida) there was a case years ago where a man attempted to break into a little old lady's house via skylight, fell and went through her glass coffee table, breaking his leg.

He sued her and won

This sounded like a dumb urban legend, so I went and looked it up. Apparently in reality some 19 year old kid and his friends decided to steal a floodlight from the roof of a school, when he fell through the skylight and suffered injuries that made him a spastic quadriplegic. So yes, I guess he shouldn't have been up there, but it's less "hardened criminal scrapes self while terrorizing a hapless granny and sues her", and more "a teenager suffers a horrible, life-altering injury while committing an idiotic act of vandalism and sues the school".

And also it was in California, not Florida.

e: according to this here book the skylight was even tarred over and a supposed similar incident, which it doesn't elaborate on, had occurred several months prior.

Wanamingo has a new favorite as of 12:28 on May 20, 2015

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It might not save your life but if the power goes out and you have a box of crayons that's several hours of a bit of light at least. I think that's less "this is useful in an emergency where you might die" and more "well at least if it's dark and the lights are off you can read or something."

Or, you could be a normal person and use a flashlight.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Better life hack: don't eat that stupid gringo poo poo.

I never really got what the problem is with hard tacos. Yeah, it's not traditional, but it's just taco stuff inside of a large corn chip. Nothing wrong with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless