Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Did they ever fix the save corruption glitch with Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Dork457 posted:

Curious when they're gonna release more info about the 2.0 firmware. No mention of more marquee features like suspend/resume but there has to be more smaller features than what needed to be said on stage.

If you still can't pause downloads with 2.0 that will be kind of a joke.

Still bitter about suspend/resume.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Just watched that Order: 1886 trailer and I'm now much more hopeful about the game. They showed actual gameplay! The emphasis seems to be on unique weapons, which is exciting to me.

Tomorrow Children was the only other really interesting thing from the conference, but I have no idea what kind of game it is. I just like the art direction.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I feel like the bosses are easier now. Sepiks Prime didn't take 20 minutes this time. It was more like 8-10.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The original quote was something about being able to get the platinum trophy with the free version, which is still true.

But they probably did downgrade the free version once they added an extra year to the development cycle because that's a pretty big increase to the budget.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Fluo posted:

God drat it, is there going to be any good racing games this gen? :(

No good games of any genre

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Metroid Prime Trilogy isn't rare anymore. The two GameStops near me have like 30 copies and MPT and 40 copies of Xenoblade just sitting there. It's half the Wii section.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I had a flash drive I was using to play music from on my PS4, but it only had 3gb of space because the drive also had a 13gb Xbox 360 partition. I reformatted the drive (FAT) using my computer (OS X) to get back that space and now the PS4 won't recognize it. What did I do wrong? :(

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Stanko-Prussian posted:

FAT32 or exFAT only, apparently. exFAT being the best one. Sony have always wanted weird as gently caress formats for external poo poo and i don't know why, getting an external HD to work on the PS3 for backup/transfer purposes was a long night of forum diving i'll never get back, not just FAT32 but one very specific and weird setup of FAT32 with weird-rear end block sizes and other poo poo i can't even remember now.

Tried again with exFAT and it's still not showing up. This is frustrating because I've tried it with two different flash drives now and neither one is working.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Gimp Fack posted:

Just for shits I tried it myself - wiped the previous partition table on a 4GB USB stick in disk utility in OS X and created a standard master boot record table - not GUID - and formatted a FAT partition (which is plain ol FAT32), created a folder on it called "MUSIC" and put a bunch of mp3s in it. Popped it into the PS4 and the USB Music Player app popped up on the home screen. Did you skip the part where you have to put it in the MUSIC folder? That might be the issue.

drat, I'm an idiot. Yeah, I forgot that step, though I swear when I had it working before I didn't put the files in a MUSIC folder either.

Anyway, thanks. :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Just beat CoD:AW but I didn't get the trophy for it. It's dumb, but this really annoys me. :(

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

SolitarySolidarity posted:

I bought a retail copy of Injustice Ultimate Edition and still have it installed. Can I "purchase" the digital edition when it's free on PS+ and avoid that long trek over to my system when I want launch it after playing something else? Will the digital edition make me redownload the game or can I use my retail installation?

You will have to delete your disc install and re-download the game, but otherwise yes.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Is $30 a good price for The Evil Within or should I wait? I feel like it will be $20 soon enough.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Lothire posted:

I hated the game more than most games I've played (and I play a lot). I wouldn't suggest it at that price if you're just looking to play some video game. If you're familiar with the title - watch a bit of a lets play, know the criticisms of the game, things like that - and the negative stuff doesn't seem all that bad to you, $30 might still not get you every dollars worth but it wouldn't be too bad. $25 or less really would be much better for what you get and I'd be surprised if it didn't reach that price somewhere way down the road from now.

I'm certain in saying, if you passed up this deal and never found a better one, you wouldn't be missing out on anything.

All I know is that it's sort of like Resident Evil 4, which I loved, but it sounds like it wasn't nearly as well received. I can wait for the bargain bin or PS+.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Far Cry 4 is fun but it makes my PS4, like.... Xbox 360 loud :(

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

Are your vents dusty and clogged?

Maybe. Come to think of it, AW did the same thing and they're the first games to make me use the ps4 for more than Netflix since Destiny.

Should I get some canned air or something?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

Or, as another goon suggested a while back, use a damp q-tip which works great for cleaning the vents if you just roll it along them.

drat, this made a huge difference. I had no idea those side grooves were even vents.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Harton posted:

Hbo go works great with Comcast on an Apple TV. Comcast just wants you to use their lovely on demand services instead of an outside app. They are clinging to life any way they can. Luckily in 2015 hbo go is going away from cable contracts and everyone can just pay 15$ a month to use it like Netflix.

It will still be available with cable, though, so there's a chance Comcast will still be tools about it.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

For some reason Rockstar always has to make their games 30 hours long and it's never a good thing.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

EC posted:

Some quick first impressions about Game of Thrones, from someone who has read the books a few times and watched the series:

- You'll definitely want to be familiar with the source material. There's a codex, but I can't imagine anyone coming into this blind and understanding a lot of this stuff.
- The art style doesn't really match the grittiness of the show, and it's disconcerting. I didn't feel this way about the Telltale Walking Dead games, but something just seems...off.
- Having played all of the previous Telltale stuff on a 360, the game is loving smooth. Decisions used to hitch up all the time on my 360, and here you can't even tell.
- The VA is ok, haven't run into any of the series regulars yet but it's all passable.

I like it so far, despite not really digging the art style (something I think they loving mastered with Wolf Among Us).

Edit: well, maybe not as smooth as I originally thought. And there's some weird low poly models in there as well. Maybe it's something about the way they're doing the cel shading or whatever.

I'm really enjoying the game. I think you're right that it'll be hard to follow for people who haven't watched the show or read the books, but I always feel that way about adaptions of stuff I'm already familiar with. Usually I'm surprised by people who go into these things fresh and still are able to follow things, so I'm curious to see the reaction from people who aren't familiar with the source material.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Finished the first episode of GoT. I really enjoyed it, especially toward the end once things started heating up.

The game basically remixes story elements from the show, and some of the new characters feel a little like stand-ins for the main cast (the girl at King's Landing is pretty much Sansa), but I actually like that approach because it makes it feel familiar and "Game of Thronesy" without getting too tied down by the main plot. They can take familiar story elements in different directions. I'm really looking forward to episode two :)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

I have it downloaded and installed but it crashes every time I launch it. Anyone else seen this?

Try deleting it and re-downloading. It's only 2gb.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

NESguerilla posted:

What the hell kind of criteria are they using for the new "players you may know" feature? It keeps recommending one guy that to me that has one mutual friend with me. I'd really like to know where the system came up with the idea that I should friend him and not the thousands of other random people that are on friends list of people on my friends list.

It also seems to show you their personal profile picture rather than their generic PSN one, because the person it keeps suggesting to me clearly has a carefully cropped goatse as their icon.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Drawn to Death has a really creative premise but it's not executed well. It would be a lot cooler as, like... an M-rated Tearaway or something. Not another multiplayer shooter that will become unplayable after a week.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Bombadilillo posted:

I know this is the internet and hyperbole reigns and all. But this is a really dumb post. Sorry goons are excited/concerned.

People are speculating about a game basted on similar past experiences because whats shown was purposefully vague. Seeing as there are fps hud elements and nothing to do with them, it really seems like they are misrepresenting how the game is going to play. Oh, am I being massively cynical again? I did voice a concern I had.

There was the part of the trailer where he landed on a planet, got out, spun in a circle, and then got back in his spaceship and took off again. I bet they're still trying to get the space travel to work and haven't made the FPS mechanics yet.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

I have to say I really really loved the way you can land onto planets from space and vice versa really seamlessly and it doesn't look 'fake'.
There was a very very old PC game called Breed years ago that promised the same thing but still needed a loading screen. I've been waiting for something like that ever since.

Even if it ends up being a bit of a turkey, I'm still fascinated by the game and would love to try it just for the experience of going through space and landing on planets like that.

The one thing that bothers me is how quickly you go from planet to space and vice versa. I know it would be annoying to have it take a realistic amount of time, but it doesn't need to be so instant. Let me spend a few seconds blowing through the clouds :(

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

It's dumb, but I hope adding Sony-specific bonus content to indie games on PS4 becomes a thing. I love it when they do that with Nintendo characters and I love the idea of fighting Kratos in Shovel Knight or Shu Yoshida in STF.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

It's not about affecting the plot so much as the character relationships, which partly requires your imagination because most of the dialogue is exactly the same no matter what you do. But you can interpret it differently, depending :o:

Don't play Telltale games if making massive changes to the plot is the hook for you.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I think what The Walking Dead (Season 1) did better was throwing in more exploration/puzzle segments which helped mentally justify it as a "video game" for skeptics. But I really enjoy the character interaction element so the choices feel important to me I guess.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

lol is that really DriveClub?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The PS4 version of Tales from the Borderlands seems to have a lot of framerate issues and glitches. Nothing that made me have to restart or anything, but it was weird because Game of Thrones was perfect.

How is The Wolf Among Us on PS4?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Doflamingo posted:

The game is still a good year away and if there's any developer I'd give the benefit of the doubt to when it comes to graphics it's Naughty Dog.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I'm probably going to upgrade my PS4 hard drive today. I know you can back-up save data to the cloud, but what about shareplay data and game captures/screenshots? Can I save them to a flash drive and then transfer them back?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Manac0r posted:

Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a copy all option. So you individualy save files by checking boxes. But it's pretty straight forward.

Sweet, thanks.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

It's hilarious that Sony can't even implement a basic feature like this.

At least they have an account system tho

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Is it online this now? You can never tell as its usually always down.

I can't tell because transferring my Shareplay data to a flash drive is going to take another three hours :(

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Stupid question from a dumb console/mac user: When i change the hard drive in my PS4 do I need to worry about static electricity? Should I move to a non-carpeted area?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

ipad might have controller support for games but streaming games from your ps4 is something that you need an experia model for or so i've been told.

Isn't Sony canning their TV and phone divisions, though? I feel like in a year or two we'll be able to remote play from iPads and maybe even computers.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Spelunky's deathmatch mode is some of the most fun local multiplayer on PS4.

Just FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I'm trying to edit a video in Shareplay, and it looks great during the preview, but the audio goes out of sync when I actually render it :( I'm not sure if it's slowly getting worse as the video goes on, or if certain clips are just screwing it up, but it's definitely off. It's not the game audio that is off, though. That's muted. I'm trying to sync up certain parts to the music, and that's what slowly gets worse.

Does anyone else have any experience with this? Right now my solution has been to intentionally make it off and then hope things match up with the render, but that's annoying.

• Locked thread