Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Has Nintendo ever run out of Wii U refurbs before? I'm wondering when or if I can expect them to restock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Ultigonio posted:

From a few pages back, but:

Nintendo's refurbs are now back in stock.

On that poo poo, thanks bro :dance:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah you guys are right Toad is adorable.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

But it has the DK Rap. Isn't that the song we all wanted for every game?

It's missing like half the verses though.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

So I'm assuming that gamepad support for games that use the Classic Controller only applies to these Wii rereleases and isn't a general Wii mode change, is that right?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Bit.trip.runner is awesome.

It's also not an endless runner.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Yoshi NES isn't a classic you fucker.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Don't Buy Yoshi's Island DS

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Literally none of this makes sense

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

I've accepted that we're never getting another F-Zero so this looks cool

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Voted Karate Man from the Rhythm Heaven series but I would also accept literally any character from those games and be happy.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Sex: M
Request: Male fit trainer
Game: Wii Fit
Why: cuz having only the chick is sexist as gently caress!

You can already play as him though

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

raditts posted:

HEY

LISTEN

IMO the existence of Fi retroactively makes Navi way more tolerable

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

It's probably breaking things in DK64 but no one can tell.
I just finished a playthrough and the framerate was fine most of the time, but it makes one of the final boss phases much more difficult and one of the minigames it straight-up impossible now unless you pause buffer.

Havoc904 posted:

Is Donkey Kong 64 worth going through if you have never played it? I love the side scrolling Donkey Kong Games (SNES Country games and the newer ones) but never picked up DK64 when it was released. I enjoy some 3D platformers, but I don't want to waste my time if the game feels really dated by now (unlike Mario 64 or something).
Absolutely not.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Their next stretch goal's a pretty good one, excess-budget-wise; At the 1.5 million mark they're going to go for a full orchestral score for the music. That's a lot of ukelele's and kazoos :ohdear:.

alright now consider me excited

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Kirby game is totes adorbs but it's a loving shame that I have to stare at the gamepad the entire time. It's not just the worse resolution, it's much less colorful, too :geno:

Yup, they totally wasted such an amazing aesthetic on a game where you're having to stare at the relatively lovely gamepad screen the whole time. I tried holding out as long as I could, using just the TV and playing by feel on the gamepad but that stops being realistic pretty early on.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

It just looks so drat chill.

I'm still extremely wary, though. If all you saw was a clip show of YIDS you would think it was good too.

You're wrong because YIDS looks and sounds like rear end.

Look at this trash

Listen to this trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0kVnxpq_4o

Fawf fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jun 13, 2015

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Here's the video of a sixty-plus year old man totally freaking out at the Jim Henson production company. His reactions are probably akin to what most people would do if they were allowed inside Nintendo HQ themselves. :unsmith:

Video's great, music sucks

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Wii U gets special edition like this

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Raserys posted:

He also told Sakurai that if he didn't want to make the next smash bros for the Wii, they would just release Melee Online or something, which was absolutely the right call imho

Oh man, if they released Melee with the sole addition of Brawl's barely functional online that'd be awful.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

VladimirLeninpest posted:

I have to get this awful story off my chest: I wanted to support third parties on the Wii U so much that when Splinter Cell came out I traded in my copy of Pikmin 3 to help pay for it. I regret that decision every day.

I did ultimately trade Splinter Cell in for Wonderful 101, so everything sort of resolved itself.

It's nice that you're looking out for the little guys, like Ubisoft

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

A friend of mine's finally ready to get a Wii U, is the official refurb package the best deal available at the moment now that the Newegg sale's dead?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

SMB3 is way too long

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

And not really. You might be able to find one on craigslist.

Yeah, his :v:

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Motto posted:

The 3DS can't handle such detailed claymation. And that would be a drat shame because just look at the game, it's beautiful.

It's significantly less beautiful on the game pad which is where you have to be looking most of the time

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Monkey Fracas posted:

We'll see exactly how much influence Platinum had when halfway through the game Fox ditches the Arwing, straps on a jetpack and the game just becomes Space Harrier.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Viewtiful Jew posted:

How was Wii Fit U? Did...did anyone here play it?

I've used it most nights for the past six months, it's real good.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

oddium posted:

solar boy django's files are already in smash 4. push the update !!

Your monkey paw wish is granted but you get the lovely little twerp lead from Lunar Knights

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

If you can find a copy of excitetrucks, it's pretty great. There's also excitebots, the sequel, but the only reason to get that over excitetrucks is the online, and I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say it's deader than dead.

I just bought these for a buck each at gamestop, haven't played the first one in drat near a decade but I have some fond memories of it and I'm super curious to try bots.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I know we won't ever get another real chibi robo game again but I'm hoping with the release of a chibi robo amiibo that we'll get the first game on the virtual console

I'm also optimistic that with the release of an amiibo Chibi Robo will join the pantheon of Gamecube VC games such as

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Agreeing with this. Find a copy, pay no more than $1 for it, watch this trailer and then play for 10 minutes and let the cold harshness of reality envelop you.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Jarogue posted:

Decide to go into Wii Mode and buy Bomberman Hero and now I'm thinking of buying a cart of Bomberman 64.

It's a travesty that none of the current consoles or handhelds have an original Bomberman game outside of backwards compatibility

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Sam Faust posted:

I don't know how to tell you this, but Bomberman has been loving dead for a while now. Deader than Megaman.

I know, Hudson Soft getting purchased by a company that's getting out of the games industry is the saddest part of the Konami stuff imo :(

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

The 3D Classics version of Kirby on 3DS is the best version because it runs at full speed with no sprite flicker, it's super good.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

The only way the new Mario Tennis could be exciting would be if it had amiibo support thus allowing for a possible Waluigi amiibo but it doesn't so who gives a gently caress.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Fremry posted:

Apparently the emulation for the ambassador games is trash, which is probably why they never released them. I really enjoy GBA games on the GamePad, which is the biggest surprise I've gotten out of the Wii U.

It was trash, but one would hope/assume that if they could get a barely passable GBA emulator running on the regular 3DS then they could probably get a more fully featured one on the New 3DS with its greater processing power. It'd certainly be a way of adding value to the system if Nintendo has no intention of making any more exclusives for it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

Pikmin 3 came out after like five years of Miyamoto teasing that that were working on a new one so I doubt it

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

I was super surprised when a friend told me that your Splatoon player data including your rank is stored on your console rather than a server which is mad dumb when it's an online focused game so cloud support going forward will rule.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

sharrrk posted:

quite frankly they should remove battles entirely and make the game all about walking around the world and buying new clothes, because after playing x and y thats all i want it to be

Pretty much this, the Ruby/Sapphire remakes removing dress-up entirely was enough to make me skip them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

• Locked thread