Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

zenintrude posted:

What's the over/under on Wii U Bayonetta 1 being the best version of the game?

Kamiya said it preforms the same as the 360 version and has Nintendo costumes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jedi425 posted:

Got my Wii U in the mail today! Super fast turnaround on the refurb; it beat my Mario Kart game here. (I ordered on the weekend and picked 2-day shipping.) I already love the Wii U shop way more than the 3DS shop. When a game is playable on the Pad and/or TV, it just runs on both, right? There's no way to blank it out on the pad? (On the TV I can just change channel, I guess.)

Also, Pikmin Wii Transfer App Thing for GOTY.

Only way to keep it off during play is to use another controller.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jedi425 posted:

So I must be the one guy who got the lovely refurb Wii U. I've tried three different discs (MK8, Nintendoland, Xenoblade) and every one of them throws up disc errors at random. Now I have to call Nintendo tomorrow and get them to repair my repaired Wii U. Motherfuck. At least they gave 'em the standard warranty. Anyone know what the usual turnaround is on Wii U repairs?

It's a drat shame, too, because I've just gotten to play it enough to absolutely love it, and now I have to lose it for who knows how many weeks.

Took a week and a half to get mine back when I sent it in.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If you want a COD on Wii U, I'd go with Ghosts. BO2 has worse netcode on Wii U. Ghosts also supports Wii Remote controls.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

MassRafTer posted:

I've been LPing Sonic 06 and the Sonic Lost World mentions made me curious, has anyone put a lot of time into it and found it enjoyable? I've watched a couple videos of skilled players and it actually looks really fun, but I don't know how much effort you actually have to put in to get fun out of the game. When it came out opinions seemed mixed, after time passed did it just turn out to be poo poo?

One of my friends swears that it's a great game if you put time into it like with Platinum games. Not sure about that but it's not as bad as everyone says. It's certainly way better then 06.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

noirstronaut posted:

Let's go back to making fun of some dude for no reason.

But before we do that, Wii Fit on a Wii U/over HDMI looks ugly as all hell and I'm probably going to donate this set to Goodwill.

Wii Fit U looks pretty nice. You can keep the board and just get that used for pretty cheap.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

SO. Ducktales HD! I've been eyeing it for a bit, and do need about six bucks to get my next five bucks in cashback, I enjoyed the original one (maybe, i mean, i probably did but all that stuck with me is the moon theme) so think it's a good idea? or too light in content? Or should I simply get it on PC and buy something else on the U?

It's definitely worth picking up if you enjoyed the original. There's nothing wrong with the Wii U version and it has offscreen play.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

No.:(

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

VelociBacon posted:

Hey, I'm basically new to Zelda and want to play the best/newest one on wii-u. Is that skyward sword or wind waker? Thanks guys

Wind Waker HD is a good starting point but I'd check out A Link To The Past first on the eShop if you're interested in classic top down Zelda.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Light Gun Man posted:

What are some pro tips for good places to buy Wii U games on the cheap?

I just keep an eye on this thread.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think he means the games seem like they play like boring phone games. It's worth it to me just for the DK game and I normally hate tilt games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NSMBU has a tilt section too but it's very brief and you can use shoulder buttons instead if you're using a Pro controller.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

citizenlowell posted:

Any word on whether Hyrule Warriors will be a midnight release on the eshop? I'd be nice to queue up the download before I go to bed.

It should be up at midnight EST judging by previous midnight releases.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd get a Wii U for it and other games. The 3DS version is great but the 3DS itself just feels a bit awkward/painful for Smash and I can't imagine playing it much once the Wii U version is out.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Yay, finally. I've gone mostly digital with the Wii U so this is very convenient.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Help Im Alive posted:

That seems a little excessive

Like even 1TB is way too much

Yeah, I've just been using a 64GB flash drive and it works fine.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

noirstronaut posted:

What's the verdict on Hyrule Warriors? I'm unjustly excited for it, but I'm not a huge Zelda fan. Not saying I hate or dislike the series, but I don't cream over new installments.

I'm a big fan of Zelda and didn't expect to like it but i think it's extremely fun and addicting with a lot of content. Here's the thread for it if you want more info: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3668508

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

everythingWasBees posted:

I thought the Mayflash adapter was just a Bluetooth adapter with some drivers. I could've sworn you can do the same thing with just a Bluetooth adapter, like you were able to with the older controllers.

You can but it's a major pain in the rear end. Just get the Mayflash and save yourself the headache.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pixeltendo posted:

From The Binding of isaac rebirth blog. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0IuBabH-sw

Looks like Team meat is finally going to have a game on a Nintendo system.

I hope this happens. I'd never stop playing if I could play Isaac just on the pad.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It matters on the game. MK8 is about 4GB, 3D World is a little over 2 and DK: Tropical Freeze is 11. Nintendo recommends an external with its own power supply but I've been using a flash drive since launch and it's worked fine.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

You all should play Bayonetta 1 first if you've never played it because it's amazing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RyokoTK posted:

The funny thing that everyone seems to overlook w/r/t the value of Smash 3DS is that it's portable. Like, having Smash in my pocket is pretty loving sweet. Yeah, it's not going to be quite the same experience as the WiiU version, but sitting in your dark bedroom and playing it on the 3DS is probably not the point.

You'll still be able to play it in your dark bedroom on just the pad. :)

The 3DS version is great but I'm sure I'll sell it once the Wii U one is out. I'm afraid I'm going to break my circle pad if I play it too much.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jsor posted:

You would literally understand Bayonetta 1's story better from a synopsis anyway.

I'd still recommend playing 1 first if you never have since it owns and 2 apparently builds upon 1's mechanics.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope Nintendo bankrolls Vanquish 2 next.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Returns is only harder because of the rocket barrel world and the fact that you die in one hit in those.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thinking of getting a hard drive for my Wii U. What's the recommended one? Can I partition space just for the Wii U to use and then use the rest with my Mac?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How's RE: Revelations on Wii U? $15 is tempting.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's an adequate RE game, 15 dollars is a good price for it.

I know the game itself is decent, I meant how's the port on Wii U? A lot of early Wii U ports are hit or miss.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

seiferguy posted:

Are the NES Remix games worth picking up? I'm down for nostalgia and all but I'm still not sold.

Yes. Even the worse games work well in the format.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

What they need to do is a make a modern digital version of the CCG and design it so you can scan in the cards using NFC to build a deck that you can take online.

This already exists but you just type in a code to get cards in the digital version.

Here's a link: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tcg/play-online/

An iPad version just came out a few weeks ago too.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Nov 7, 2014

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oxxidation posted:

They could probably just release the first game again with a less horrendous control scheme and that's be better than most full-fledged sequels.

I'd be okay with this. Amiibos could take the place of the AR cards.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Claymation Kirby is gonna own. Captain Toad gonna Own. The DLC for mario kart is gonna own. God drat Nintendo is off the charts.

This is true.

Smash Wii U is now available to pre-load on the eShop.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hate stylus controlled games and I loved it. Find it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The event mode returns which is always fun and I'm sure online will be better then the 3DS one so I'd pick it up.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jivjov posted:

That's gonna be $39.99, right? It'll be just enough to get me a 21st Digital Deluxe code.

Yup. It's a shame that it's ending. It's awesome how even free games from promotions and Club Nintendo counted for the DPP.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd buy a Wii Fit Trainer amiibo if it replaced the creepy trainer in Wii Fit U.

I'm sure Marth will get some use in SMTxFE.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

DoctorWhat posted:

Do NOT download Wii U games to Flash Drives. EVER. The architecture of flash drive memory limits its read/write cycles and can cause serious issues for how the Wii U loads games.

If you have a dedicated external hard-drive, or more robust Solid-State drive, then downloading is Fine and Good. Occasional improvements in loading-time, the disc-read motor doesn't spin up (though the hard-drive motor isn't necessarily going to be quieter), and you don't have to worry about a disc.

I've been using the same flash drive for 3 years for my 360 and then Wii U and I haven't had any issues. Just back up saves once in a while then the worst you'd have to do is redownload games.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

noirstronaut posted:

Doesn't ZombiU go on sale for $10 often?

I've only seen it get that low once. It's worth it at $15.

There is a demo on the eShop if someone's unsure if they'll like it or not.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Can you just plug in a 64gig memory stick or something?

It's not recommended by Nintendo but mine is working fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Well gently caress Bayonetta 2 is 49.99
I guess if I get a $60 game now I get $10 then?

Maybe I should just get smash digitally. Got 3d world with the system, and mario kart is cheaper physical than online where I am.

If you buy Bayonetta 2 the eShop lets you get 1 for $10 so it comes out to $60 together. You also get $5 back for every $60 spent but that promotion ends on 12/31.

• Locked thread