Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
just got ftl, man i'm bad at ftl. basically make it to the end no problem, get annihilated by the flagship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
ftl status: finally beat the rebel flagship, that thing is bullshit

I had ridiculously good luck and great weapons/augments/crew and still nearly lost like 4 times

only thing that saved me was having a bunch of drone parts and a hull repair drone to fix my ship up between every single encounter, and having my missiles cause huge breaches/fires almost every single shot

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rexicon1 posted:

dis honored was kind of a secret goty that everyone forgot because we are dumbshit gamers with no taste
i bought the daud ones when they came out because I enjoyed the main game so much

the 'trials' are kinda interesting but require a bit too much speed-runner style thinking for my tastes

Rexicon1 posted:

I always thought that demons souls was a way neater game setting-wise than dark souls even if dark souls plays way better. demons souls might be the most oppressive game ever
Demons Souls still has the best area designs imo; Tower of Latria being about the best

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Aug 25, 2014

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ahahaha, possibly the only fate worse than being acquired by google

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Pinterest Mom posted:

this is probably going to be my g shames s soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wm8-DsVqHE&t=54s

2d anime Treasure-esque action platformer with a lot of projectiles on screen

and it also comes with a faux-retro faux-megaman game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83NH58_Y2u0

(coming out on 3ds eshop this friday. i'm probably buying it if there's even one positive review)

I guess the people translating it literally cut out the story for the US version, which made a lot of people mad

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

people are pretty dedicated to this loving stupdi story

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They're working for Kotaku, meaning they only get paid given how many clicks they get

it's already a fate worse than death

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

what made me sad was a guy who could only make half a game with a few million dollars

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
i don't really care about video game sexism

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
like anita's videos are really loving boring sorry

the most hosed up game I've played that was for a console was Haunting Ground and I don't think she's covered that yet, is she like saving it or something because its way way way more offensive than the retarded "OH MY GOD, YOU CAN KILL *WOMEN* IN THIS SANDBOX MURDER GAME" poo poo

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

bump_fn posted:

her videos are boring but the outrage it brings out in people is so loving delightful

also i guess u ahvent played many games

the premise of Haunting Ground is to not get raped by a 500 year-old alchemist who wants to get the main character pregnant with himself via some alchemic ritual, and features a cut scene where at one point he captures her and literally gives her a pelvic exam to determine the exact best time to rape her

and this isn't some weird obscure h-game, it was released on the PS2 by a major publisher

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Liver Disaster posted:

lol if you havent got really bored of impotent outrage ~*on the internet*~ by now

haunting ground was mega hosed up but so was rule of rose which is basically the same game but instead of creepy old dude rape its getting murdered by little girls as a little girl
Rule of Rose has:

-Heavily implied child molestation
-Implied abortion from above
-Child abandonment
-Children beating a dog to death
-Children burying another child alive and other torture
-A girl using a deranged man to kill all the children at the orphanage because the main character spurned her love

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Squeezy Farm posted:

i've never heard about those games and you guys are weird for having .presumably, bought and played them :P
rented haunting ground thinking it was a survival horror game, bought rule of rose for $3 from a bargain bin since it looked weird/interesting and it turned up mostly being the former

Liver Disaster posted:

3,4,5 happen within the first fifteen minutes, the dog survives though if its any consolation and he is your only friend
idk about the rest of it i got to the first combat scene and thought to myself 'i saved the dog ive done enough' and never went back
nah the dog is dead, you're reliving the main character's hosed up childhood

also all of the other kids died

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Honestly you could use any random picture of a guy talking to a webcam and regardless of how they looked the effect would be the same

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

lol I love stupid fuckin game journos saying poo poo like this

lets hold a funeral for "gamer" and bury it next to "friend of the family"

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Knuc U Kinte posted:

She's not trying to entertain or find examples of the most hosed up games noone has ever heard of. She points out negative tropes against women in mainstream videogames and it makes you mad because your brain is small.
:thumbsup:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
that's a lot of words to say that maybe the people frothing at the mouth over this thing in general are complete retard hypocrites

the only net positive about it is that it might have finally gotten rid of Phil Fish

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Al! posted:

lol nice joke
yeaaah I imagine he'll be back being a gigantic attention whore but I can dream

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You morons should be grateful when Skylark and friends show up to grace you with a thread.

Skylarks gimmick is so boring though

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I had kinda considered getting a 3DS at some point but wisely decided not to since every time I've ever bought a Nintendo handheld a newer better model would be announced the next month.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Citizen Tayne posted:

That's cool, but threatening someone with rape and death because they say things about your hobby that you don't like is not a reasonable response.
who gets blamed for the death threats though

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Blackula69 posted:

according to glumwheels here it's anita's fault because she's making GBS threads all over games by making trenchant and intelligent criticism
the people who don't like anita blame anita and the people who like anita blame literally everyone who doesn't agree with anita which sorry, is just as loving stupid

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

if you dont agree with anita you are part of the loving problem, hope that helps
Nope. Sorry.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

Anita: "It's a bad thing to have women exist in video games purely to be sex objects, murder victims, and/or impetuses for the hero."

You: "Nope."
Yep, exactly what I said. :allears:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Dragonfall is pretty good.

The director's cut will add in new gameplay elements which might make combat a bit more interesting too.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Kinda hope the last boss of the new grimrock is a little less annoyingly gimmicky

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

cvgs: gave in to my loot treadmill craving and bought d3+ros. the ros key works fine but the d3 one doesnt and the support is being really loving slow :negative:
D3+RoS is pretty good and fixed a lot of problems with the game, and the new areas are pretty nice.

I lost interest around the time I got two of my characters to the point where the only way to advance them further would be to grind out very specific, perfectly-rolled items...which is kinda pointless so yeah.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

NoneMoreNegative posted:

bl2 'fuckyous' pt.3; the whole of Corrosive Caverns playing a sniper.

corrosive caverns is a really cool looking area but probably one of the most irritating places in the game

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Borderlands 2 is legit great looking in some areas

The home base town in Tiny Tina's DLC is really loving impressive; actually most of that DLC has really fantastic visual design.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

fatherboxx posted:

lone gunmen revival not looking good

wow you mean people in the same industry might know eachother?? :monocle:

I mean yeah the sudden 10+ articles declaring "Gamer" dead because the filthy hordes of the internet were assholes to a stupid person are embarrassingly dumb but w/e

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lol @ anyone believing that

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
mmo moneypit deathwatch update: Wildstar going to "megaservers", which are totally not server mergers, they're "megaservers". totally not merging servers since no one can get groups together for their totally-not-a-terrible-idea-in-tyool-2014 40-man raids

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also I don't think anyone has actually cleared the 40-man raid yet.

Strangely enough, making 40-man raids which are ridiculously hard and require all 40 players to be on the ball/not lagging/present for hours on end hasn't generated the amount of subscriber retention they've been told would happen by the poopsockers who abandoned WoW because Blizzard gave into the dumb casual players

weird!! maybe they need to make it more difficult

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Yodzilla posted:

oh my god you have to grind a 20 man raid for drops before you can even get into a 40 man raid. loving looooooool
here's what you have to do to get into the easiest 20-man raid (sorry for the long image):

this isn't fake btw, that's really what you have to do

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Space-Pope posted:

i remember back when vanguard: saga of heroes was in beta they were trying to court the hardcore everquest players and some of them made the serious suggestion that you have to hit a button every few seconds during flight paths to flap its wings or some poo poo, because going afk is for casuals

its like mmo players live in some weird bubble where they confuse taking a long time for challenge, and as a result the actual gameplay of mmos is idiot trash garbage and now its a dead genre
mmos are being killed by the fact that like every game that isn't an explicitly single-player experience is getting seamless drop-in-drop-out multiplayer, matchmaking, etc centered around shorter play sessions

the only way an MMO will ever hit WoW numbers again is if they somehow pull off something completely insane like a ludicrously huge and well-done sandbox, or Eve but not for autists

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
In further MMO Moneypit Deathwatch News: Zenimax Online hit with layoffs.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/09/03/the-elder-scrolls-online-studio-zenimax-online-hit-with-layoffs/

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Vintersorg posted:

just loving LOL at people buying something called the XIM4 for $124 US dollars to use a keyboard and mouse on consoles, specifically FPS so they can rack dem kills
hang on I need to find the promo vids for it which are literally just no-commentary game footage of good PC players using the XIM to annihilate console players, complete with 10 year-olds whining about 'the hacker'

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Ah found it, the best XIM video

pro click

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnZvrjv1_JI

best guy isn't the loud whiny guy but the even younger kid you can hear muttering under his breath

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rexicon1 posted:

I'm really really glad the term "gamers" has become an insult on the level of "poo poo fucker" across the world. like if someone comes up to you at a bar and calls you a gamer to your face, no one will blame you for punching him square in the face

but it kinda hasn't because even as big as this retarded 'scandal' has gotten like 99% of the people who actually play games either dont give a poo poo or haven't even heard of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Notorious QIG posted:

lol if u think coke has sugar in it and not hfcs

depending on where you live it either has cane sugar or hfcs

I dunno what japan gets

mexican coke has cane sugar in it and is awesome instead of tasting like carbonated battery acid

• Locked thread