Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
every
Apr 24, 2008

Good news is that bc rules and I only have to live like 40 more years, tops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

every
Apr 24, 2008

I need a vial of mike bobos blood. Will pay top dollar

every
Apr 24, 2008

Uga still gon win this east bitch

every
Apr 24, 2008

Aw man I woke up and Georgia still lost

Give me percocets

every
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Sorry your nevergood football team got overranked getting your hopes all up to lose to another good team.

Thanks

every
Apr 24, 2008

rebel1608 posted:

Some real-life Hatin' rear end Spurrier for you

Pretty good but seemed like more of a Georgia pant making GBS threads to me

every
Apr 24, 2008

Give it to one of the best players in the country on a 1st and goal on the 4? That's what they expect us to do!!

every
Apr 24, 2008

Ehud posted:

It was snapped with 0 seconds, but I am not surprised it wasn't called. The slow motion replay makes it look like it was on 0 for a couple of seconds, but it was really a fraction of a second. It makes sense that the officials didn't see it. That actually happens a fair amount.

Booo! Boooooo!

every
Apr 24, 2008

I will never learn. It is the real tragedy.

every
Apr 24, 2008

I don't even remember what a good secondary looks like

every
Apr 24, 2008

Please Mizzou or auburn or Florida beat usc

every
Apr 24, 2008

vyst posted:

Hahahaha oh poor every. You should never ask anything of us. You'll just be let down like Jeff Driskel's reads.

I'm betting the house on uf after that gutty win

every
Apr 24, 2008

greatn posted:

Remember that game where Auburn was sucking the whole game but somehow kept South Carolina from ever having possession of the ball for the entirety of the third quarter?

Yes

LeeMajors posted:

I think I'm too old for this poo poo. Can I just root for chaos for the rest of my life now, or what?

Is that considered giving up?

I feel the same way

every
Apr 24, 2008

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I wish Steve Spurrier would have a stroke

He's still embittered by losing his chance at an SEC title with the Gators by dropping a game to Georgia in loving 1966. That sort of longstanding butthurt is something I can relate to.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Mark Richt being Georgia as gently caress:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/georgia-football/richt-discusses-two-key-penalties-vs-south-carolina/

every
Apr 24, 2008

Komet posted:

It's a miracle we won.

It was no miracle:

every
Apr 24, 2008

IMO it was just a bad call. The ball hit the defender's leg and it bounced further away than was intended, so it looked like intentional grounding.

every
Apr 24, 2008

BunLengthHotDog posted:

Arent the rules for screens a bit different considering linemen will be starting to heard downfield on the play? QB's are normally taught to plant the ball at the RB's feet (the defender was in the way in this case) on blown up screen plays.

This is important knowledge to gain so that we know how angry to be at the refs next time this happens

every
Apr 24, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

I just saw that our game against Mizzou in a couple weeks will be their SEC opener. :psyduck: We'll have played three conference games by then.

Like me, you should be worried about any team with a quarterback, because both our secondaries are pee pee doo doo it is a bad secondary.

every fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 15, 2014

every
Apr 24, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Urban Outfitters decided this was an appropriate way to celebrate Ohio State's 66-0 win over Kent State:

They were surprised that people objected to it, and it was quickly removed from the site.

oh my god thishaahaha

every
Apr 24, 2008

I know I'm no shining example, but, JESUS, Georgia fans are so loving entitled. Yeah, losing games sucks, and it's a bummer that we haven't won a national championship in a long time, but the team is pretty consistently good...I don't think people realize that going undefeated is rare and difficult...or that 10-win seasons aren't horrible.

If Georgia ever wins a national championship, half of my joy will be relief that people will hopefully shut the gently caress up for a year or two.

every
Apr 24, 2008

It's about as solid of a team as you could ask for, at this stage in the program. It's just a team that hasn't caught its break...and you just need to catch some breaks if you're going to "get over the hump," as they say. It's only hilarious when Georgia loses like they do every year because they're in the position to fall big every year in the first place. Highly-ranked teams get knocked off way more often than they survive and win national championships, and Georgia is often a highly-ranked team. And yeah, often over-ranked.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

I heard there is a young upwardly mobile OC in Alabama.

lol

every
Apr 24, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

I'm inclined to disagree with you.

it looks like he's a millisecond away from breaking his leg.

every
Apr 24, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Not surprising.

We are steaming dogshit.

Would you rather be Florida, with the recent memories of glory, but with poop for a current team, or Georgia, with pathetic decades-old glory, but reasonably solid?

every
Apr 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Who the gently caress else. Florida is a trailer park bonfire, Vanderbilt is Lake Erie on Fire, Missouri is I guess okay? But they're not going to light anyone's world on fire, Kentucky is, Kentucky. Tennessee is still maybe a year away from competing.

Mizzou looks decent, SCAR and Georgia are about on par and decent. Tennessee will beat someone they shouldn't.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Yeah, he also cryptically gave that the condition:

"If they can go long enough without being loving idiots and trying to be cute. That play calling during the first half was infuriating."

Which is exactly how they lost the SCAR game.

I still think they're good enough to make the playoff, but I don't think they will. It's the yearly refrain of "All Good Teams Go Undefeated." Statistically, there's likely to be maybe 1 undefeated team in the playoff.

every
Apr 24, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Mizzou has beaten SDSU, Toledo and vastly depleted UCF team and gets to play Indiana next week. If they win one or both against UGA and Cackalkey then you can say that without a qualifier. I mean I generally agree with the sentiment. I am just saying, losing by 3 on the road to SCAR isn't a horrible loss.

I 100% agree with you. But, to play devil's advocate, I think Georgia fans are probably more crushed by the way that Georgia lost. It was pretty preventable.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

If your team loses a game it's time to fire your coach and wait for march madness.

Exactly. Who is your team, btw, bip roberts?

every
Apr 24, 2008

Bip Roberts posted:

Hey, Wisconsin basketball is always exciting.

Haha, basketball.

every fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Sep 15, 2014

every
Apr 24, 2008

The word "Commodores" isn't generally relevant enough to necessitate an abbreviation.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Scarf posted:

Da U loses another QB. Olsen suspended after being arrested for DUI.

mugshot:

every
Apr 24, 2008

i wish there were an ape or monkey mascot in the ncaa.

every
Apr 24, 2008

Scarf posted:

I just learned about them this past weekend:

goodbye georgia, hello pitt state.

edit: omg guys: http://www.pittstategorillas.com/index.aspx

HOILY SHITT THEY ARE PLAYING THE MULES THIS YEAR: http://www.ucmathletics.com/

every
Apr 24, 2008

I hope they one day beat arkansas so we can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_sfnQDr1-o

every
Apr 24, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

Gurley's final line was impressive, but I wouldn't say he was kicking our asses the entire night. He came on very strong in the second half, but only had 44 yards in the first. A back like him is gonna get his yards and find the end zone, so I'd say we did about as good a job on him as you could hope for -- he was nullified on kick returns as well. That absurd 3rd and 16 conversion Klip Art mentioned definitely stood out as a special play, though.

Anyway, I agree that not giving Gurley a touch there was a bad call, but if that play had actually worked, everyone would be calling Bobo a genius since no one saw it coming. We pulled almost the same thing against Georgia last year, actually -- late in the game, we had a 4th and goal on the 1 and instead of the expected Shaw sneak, went for some option pitch bullshit that fell incomplete. Just one of those tough situations where you either look like a brilliant mastermind or a complete moron.

Yep I remember that last year. I remember SCAR fans being equally upset about that choice as Georgia fans are this year, what with MD and all.

At the end of the day, uga has 999999 chances to win that game, they failed

every
Apr 24, 2008

COMPUTER SECRETS posted:

Gorillas aren't monkeys but that is a pretty sweet video.

Let a man dream

every
Apr 24, 2008

He can lose in heartbreaking fashion every year. I love this man. Mark Richt is my coach.

every
Apr 24, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

I've never been on the fire Richt train I don't really even know who we could get that would be an overall improvement. You can't really bitch about 9-10 win seasons. Well you can but you'd be dumb. He is a saint.

I think a more aggressive (or, just, better) OC would help Georgia substantially, but Richt is a loving awesome coach, overall. Recruiting is half the battle, and he's one of the best there is. Not the best in-game coach, but everything else, is great, and he represents the school well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

every
Apr 24, 2008

tadashi posted:

Georgia fans's expectations are based on Dooley's four strongest years with the program which happened over 30 years ago.

Georgia fan expectations are pretty much on par with Alabama's...and even Alabama fans have too high of expectations.

• Locked thread