Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You can put down kddidit for PS4 goons. I'm also shamefully waiting for the stupid MYNBA2K trading card phone app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lockback posted:

I wasted so much time on that. Is that coming back?

Yeah there isn't a release date yet, but it should be soon. I think they already have the WWE2K card app out and the console game isn't out yet.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought my face was a passable representation. Cheeks were a little too red and my eyebrows were invisible. All the next gen stuff available and I still feel like my face was never more accurate than on Tiger Woods 2004 on PS2.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I got a few hours in a round noon before I figured the servers would tank when people got home from school and work. Good enough for now.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't get why your MyPlayer gets paid different amounts per game. In the end it doesn't really matter, but it's weird.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Tried a bit of myTeam tonight. loving awful. Defense is impossible. Scrublords like Nemanja Nedovic shooting 80% from 3. Pablo Prigioni dropping 35 on 80% shooting from the field (6 minute quarters). The second game I played, the opposing team shot 70% from the field. poo poo is infuriating.

I'm mad at video games for how bad I am in MyTeam. I played the first game against the Jazz in Domination mode with 4 silvers and a gold player and still lost. Was up 10 in the 1st Q and thought it was easy. Up 5 at the half and then down 5 half way through the 3rd. Missed a game tying 3 at the buzzer, not that I would have won in OT anyway.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

Yeah, preorders got a rookie KD card.

Although he's only Silver

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

Ok maybe im an idiot but I need help here because ive just completed two long rear end challenges only to not qualify. Where do I find what I actually need to do to complete the challenges?

For example under win requirements for the Big Man challenge it just tells you who youre facing, not whatever the objective is. Lineup restrictions are not to include centers and Im assuming Power Forwards arent counting as centers so how did I fail?

Did the server just crap out? Seems like something happening currently.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pretty easy to end up starting, at least in my first go round. Finished my 2nd 10 day and got signed, maybe a week later I was starting. Never in the previous games did I get better than a B+ or get more than 18 points or 10 boards at center. I was a 66 OVR, Phoenix must hate Plumlee.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up for oblivious people like me who just opened the game and put it in without looking at the instructions or anything, there's a 10k VC code printed on a sheet inside the case.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mandrel posted:

Now that the servers are working MyTeam is pretty fun. I've got a good lineup going of Kyrie, Monta, Giannis, Cousins, and Sanders. The only thing is its getting tough to 3 star these domination matches. I can barely break 700 in 6 min quarters. What's the best way to consistently get high scores in this? There's no way to change to longer quarters is there?
Need to pile up fast break+asst+made shot+layups. If you're confident you'll win, sag off everyone on D or trap and try to get the opponent to shoot as quickly as possible. Asst+post move gets you a bunch of points, but sometime the post move takes too long and you don't get the assist. Basically assist on every basket and run and gun.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are too many modes I want to play at once. MyTeam, MyGM, and MyCareer. Going to be hard to finish a season.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lockback posted:

Yeah, you want slip I think.

OK, I'll give that a shot. I was underwhelmed when I did a challenge but I only tried one. Doesn't help that the one bronze pack I bought gave me only 1 player and a heap of other crap. At this rate my team will be bankrupt.

I don't think you ever get more than one player in a pack. I bought the most expensive pack and all I got was Mike Dunleavy Jr.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bought a 2nd VIP pack and got Noah. Nope, not that Noah, Noah Vonteh. I've never even heard of Noah Vonteh. Think I'll just buy the cheap packs from now on.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

I also feel like my players can't score at the basket at all yet the cpu scores at will in the post. Like I have an open cut to the basket and I run in to hit a lay up and the lay up rolls off the rim for whatever reason. Like posting up on Brandon Jennings with my Center should yield positive results but it they nope.

I especially notice it on putback attempts, which the CPU drains them and my guys clank it.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In Scenario they censor "head for the border, go get a taco," fer christ's sake

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

Anyway anyone have advice on how to get more points I domination? I can pull down like 550 with a cast of crappy players but I'm wondering if even with good players anything the Lakers and beyond is tough.
I think I posted before, but get as many fast break+assist+layup+made shot combos as you can. Post move scores count a lot, but you risk not getting the assist. Assist on every shot. Get the other team to shoot as fast as possible by pressing or double teaming. If you trust your offense enough you can even let them score to get the ball back faster. As an extension of that, crash the offensive glass as O rebounds count a lot too, if they beat you back for a layup, oh well. Make all your free throws.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, my second myplayer was told after his first game after signing for the year he was getting more minutes. After the 2nd game they told him he was starting. He's 68 OVR starting ahead of 79 Kevin Martin. Now it's no fun to play 5 minutes a game for months, but I think that's still a bit early to start. I'd have been okay with being the 6th or 7th man for a bit longer.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anybody getting some terrible trajectory shots from just off the base line? If it's a corner 3 the shots are fine, a few feet in and over (towards half court) and I start hitting the side of the backboard. I've literally shot it behind the backboard a couple times too.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That being said, I'd assume you got enough MT points while beating the Jazz for 3 stars, since the threshold is pretty low.

Was nice to get 3 free packs yesterday from what I assume is a makeup for those that didn't get the rookie KD when they were supposed to.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Inside Outside posted:

I really wish that MyTeam had a mode where you played the AI, but with random opponents rosters. The Show has that in their card collecting mode and it's great. It's so hard to like MyTeam when playing online is so muddy and bad.
Or that there's something to continue doing on single player MyTeam. Once you beat the challenges and domination mode, then what? They have the framework with the playoff seeding thing for player vs player series, they need to do the same for offline.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
And the people that didn't get rookie KD in their rookie KD pack.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Strawberry Panda posted:

Haha i did get him in my original pack but I'll take the 1000 MT points the duplicate is worth.

That, and if you're really cheap, you can swap the new one with the old one and just sell that one for 1k if the old one has a shorter contract left.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
While I appreciate 2K got a pretty easy to understand guy compared to some of the world's finest voice actors you're stuck listening to on your team in MyCareer, Dante Exum is hardly a menacing rival.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
When do you get a shoe contract? I feel like a scrub with generic kicks.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I feel bad Jimmy Butler came and recruited me and now he's on the bench when I signed. Also feel bad Doc Rivers replaced Thibs after he just won coach of the year and the NBA title. I think one day I'm going to find the PR lady and my high school coach getting it on in the tunnel after a game.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I go with 10 minute quarters in MC. It's enough to get us to average 100ppg. The computer tends to use way more of the shot clock than a usual team, but that's balanced out by my calling for it and heroballing once half the shot clock is up. Stats wise your team ends up at the bottom of the league in boards and turnovers, but the rest of the stats are reasonable, to me at least.

Edit: that's what I do the first full season. When you first start and you spend a bunch of time on the bench I leave it because my stats will be wack anyway and I can get to FA faster

edit edit: I also enjoy your description changing as you skill up from Raw Whatever. I just turned from "All Round Shooting Guard" to "Lockdown Defender." That puts me in the category with NBA greats Tony Allen and Avery Bradley, yikes.

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 5, 2014

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Have the same "problem" as last year where I keep switching back and forth between a post up center, a deadeye SF, a slashing SG, and a passing PG.

I did fix one of my annoyances from last year though. Was a 6'3" PG last year and got played as a SG at least 1/2 my minutes. This year as a 5'8" PG that never happens. I get a cheap thrill running the pick and roll with Channing Frye and continually hitting him down the lane where he gets his weak poo poo rejected constantly by teams with real frontcourts.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Holyshoot posted:

I love getting a steal and then I accidentally chuck s full court shot because I'm still mashing square. Good times.

keepthechange random vc code
Also when you poke the ball lose and your guys stares it long enough before moving that the guy you got it from beats you to the ball. Add to that the times you knock it out of bounds... My guy has the gold Interceptor and Pick Pocket badges but it's still tough to pile up steals.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not that I expect them to do much with scheduling logic, but in my second year we're playing back to back games on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I expect a strike soon over this disgrace of collective bargaining.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah that's just something the game does poorly. Guys like Shaq would dunk those every time, but they don't in 2k.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Honj Steak posted:

In mycareer my team has by far the highest field goal percentage, least turnovers and most assists and steals per game. Nevertheless I lose almost every game because of the crazy amounts of offensive rebounds my opponents get. :suicide:

That and they score like 99% of the time on O rebounds.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wouldn't always go for boards depending on your size. My PG is 5'8" and if I go for a defensive board, the rest of team will just stand there and assume I'll get it and usually I'll get a hand on it but the other team will pop it loose and grab it.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Honj Steak posted:

I hate it when Doc Rivers screams at you for having "too many turnovers" (had 3) when you also had 9 steals and 16 assists. :suicide:

It's the assistant for me. Yeah, I had 18 ASTs when he ripped me for my 3 TOs. I'm amuzed when he says "nice job shutting him down" because I have literally no idea how the guy I'm guarding's doing unless I get a pop up with his stats. Even though I have 20 bricks in D I spend the game trolling for blocks and steals, which usually allows a bunch of points for him unless I get a bunch of blocks from behind.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Only played one game, but the things that stood out...

Pick and roll as the ball handler seems a lot different. The three other people in the play move differently and it isn't as effective, although it doesn't seem like it's broken or anything, I'll just have to do things differently.

We scored way more than usual. I play 10 minute quarters and the games usually end up with the winning team scoring 90-105 points. Today we scored 120 and shot 53%, so it wasn't like we were at some ludicrous %. I think the CPU shoots faster. It seemed 75% of the time before that they'd shoot with less than 3 seconds left in the 24, but not as much today.

They actually passed it back out after an offensive rebound. As a guard, if a shot goes up for us, I just run back on D because any offensive rebound will go right back up. This time they passed it, whoa.

Other quick things, the overlays do show up, shots from the baseline still hit the side of the backboard when they're off, and my Myplayer substitution pattern was different.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fouls are up too. The patch notes said they would be, I actually had to be careful about fouling out. It happened more on contesting shots than reach-ins. I reflexively jump at any shot, even if I have no chance to block it, but will have to adjust that. On the other hand, I went to the line a ton at the other end.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Duggler posted:

Playing for the Suns is the best now. Gerald Green oops and 3s all day. We just took the Spurs in 5 games :smugdog:

I love this game

I find Isaiah Thomas is a terror on O for the Suns as well. I just set a screen for him and he's off to the races.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

I cannot find a team I'm satisfied playing with, whats a good PG team?

After the first season I went with Houston, but I was after the team I could get the most assists on, not sure what your goal is. I was disappointed in Howard on offense, he misses some easy ones, but Ariza and Harden are open at the 3pt line a lot and are pretty accurate. I also tend to be open for 3s a bunch too.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tae posted:

Uh, is Dante Exum always the rival PG or something?

The rival for every position I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have 4 myplayers in the 80s and stretch 4 was the slowest at times. It takes a lot of VC to raise your outside shot and you hardly get any open looks away from the basket anyway. I just got as many rebounds and set as many picks as I could to keep my grades up until I could do it with scoring.

• Locked thread