Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Woah. Buccaneers @ Falcons on a short week might be a really, really painful game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nick Foles was the winning QB last night.

He was the only winning QB this week to throw an interception.

And here's quick reads: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2014/week-2-quick-reads

quote:

31. Matt Cassel: It's not just that Cassel was awful, it's that he got worse as the game went along. By DYAR, his fourth quarter was worse than his third quarter, which was worse than his second, which was worse than his first. His average completion came just 2.7 yards past the line of scrimmage, least of any quarterback this week.

32. Chad Henne: Henne was sacked 10 times, the most of any quarterback since Greg McElroy for the Jets in 2012. He did not pick up a first down until the Jags were down by 21 points in the second quarter, and only had four first downs on the day. On first and second downs, he went 9-of-20 for 55 yards with one first down, one interception, and four sacks. You know, maybe it wasn't Blaine Gabbert's fault after all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mind_Taker posted:

The defense is currently ranked #1 in yards allowed,

I love early season stats for their pure weirdness based on who they've played.

The Patriots have the best pass defense in the league, the Bears are 4th. The Seahawks are 27th.

The Texans are allowing 5.8 yards per rushing attempt.

The Bengals are averaging almost 10 yards per pass attempt.

The Seahawks are the worst defense on 3rd down currently. The Eagles are the best.

The Buccaneers have assigned 118 tackles on plays. The Ravens, 68. Both have played ~125 defensive snaps. (I presume the other 50 were assigned to Ray Lewis)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Lazerbeam posted:

I'll make one if all you have to do is use the image from this thread's OP

Do it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thanks!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Dave posted:

I'm now imagining a defense of 11 Peyton Mannings. They are slow and awful at defending.

11 Peyton Mannings vs 11 Tom Bradys.

The matchup we demand and deserve.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah but all Brady vs all Peyton would just be a thousand bullet passes into tiny holes that are mostly dropped or converted for 5 yard gains.

I don't think that would even be football at that point.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Volkerball posted:

Broncos fans are tired of dealing with Phil Simms biased commentary, so they've put in a petition to ban him from covering Broncos games. The city of Denver has spoken.

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/9/15/6152707/broncos-fans-start-petition-to-ban-cbs-phil-simms-from-broncos

:qq: If AP had just beat up these babies, he would've avoided the whole looking bad thing.

I oppose it because every Broncos game Simms does is one less Patriots game he's assigned to.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

NFL Rating is the quarterback rating of those throwing into his coverage thus far. He's been targeted a whopping 4 times so it's an essentially meaningless small sample size.

Yup.

All a super low one can really tell you is the guy caught an int or two at this point due to how the passer rating formula works.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Once the commissioner has gained enough players, he'll unveil his master plan of becoming the 33rd owner.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

According to FO the Eagles are 6th...in defensive DVOA :psyduck:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/week-2-dvoa-ratings

What is this strange new world?

One with a top five defenses that includes Washington, the Lions and the Patriots.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

axeil posted:

:laffo: I didn't even notice that. I don't think early season DVOA is very useful...

Yeah, just tiny sample sizes. Aside from the Jaguars, the Patriots committed unholy acts against a Matt Cassel led attack that lost their best player the day before the game.

Somehow I doubt Seattle will be the 21st ranked defense once they're not playing Rodgers and Rivers. It'll be lower, because here comes a throbbing Peyton

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

They basically tell you to not even pay attention to DVOA until at least week 4.

Yeah, that's also why they use that previous season stat (DAVE) for the first chunk of the season to normalize data.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Harlock posted:

I don't think they're actually building a case against Brandon Marshall but a class action (?) suit on the NFL because of negligence? (???)

Legal people help me out there.

Without having time to look into it, that's my reading as well. They're probably going to claim the league knew and acted idiotically which considering the last few weeks means they've probably got the most airtight case in history.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It'd probably be funnier if Kaep had directed whatever he said at a punter.

Except it's impossible to call one something more derogatory then punter.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh, another player is trying that weird stock thing that feels so much like a scam:

Andrew Brandt posted:

Another athlete will have his "stock" for sale. Fantex will acquire 13% of the "brand income" of WR Alshon Jeffery for $7.94M.

At least this one looks like it makes more sense then Arian Foster's.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

New Breaking Madden is focusing on the believable this time:

I. MAKE THE DOLPHINS SLOW AND BAD.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/9/18/6153463/breaking-madden-deanthony-thomas-chiefs

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Word of Muth breaks down what went on in the interior of the Bears - 49ers game: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2014/word-muth-bears-upset-49ers

Watch as Justin Smith both annihilates some poor guard over and over again and gets hit by a Kyle Long shaped bus.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No Butt Stuff posted:

What do you figure the assistant special teams coach makes? I'm sure it's more than me, but he also feels poor every day he drives to work.

It's not reported anywhere, but appears to generally be in the low 6 figures for assistant coaches, up to like half a million for long time guys. Coordinators reportedly average around $800k now, with some guys obviously being way higher then that.

Pretend I posted an image of Brian Schottenheimer here.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DupaDupa posted:

Kyle Long is loving great. Jordan Mills is very not great.

Justin Smith, just playing the BAAB Gap.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

If you haven't, click that Muth article, because it shows a few other plays where Justin Smith abuses some poor guard in a comical way.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Why those three teams?

He just picks three teams each year that have interesting situations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shut up about pizza and make fun of Brian Schottenheimer

Note the down and location of all the receivers.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Remember a few days ago when the league claimed the pink out was going to be lessened this year as part a of a planned thing to focus on the military instead?

Yeah, Jason La Canfora just annihilated that in pregame. Turns out a bunch of companies were going to have a massive pink push with players on all 32 teams that was scrapped after Adrian Peterson's stuff came out.

Whoops!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gerund posted:

Can I get a link? This poo poo is amazing. Goodell should walk the plank.

Not seeing any news articles. La Canfora just spent a few minutes on it in pregame.

A Pale Horse posted:

At this point its becoming some sort of dark comedy. Their incompetence over the past two weeks has been stunning and scary to behold. I didn't think Goodell's job was ever really in danger, but I am starting to think that if two or three more things pile on within the month it really could be curtains for him.

Yeah, even ignoring everything else, the NFL's management has looked incredibly incompetent and reactionary in all of this. Their security department has to either be incompetent or incredibly pissed as well considering how much they've been thrown under the bus in this.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cardinals put John Abraham on IR, so at least that modestly lowers the chance we'll see someone suffer brain death on the field this year.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh god, there's a 100 new posts, Goodell must've stepped do.... awh

What the heck is going on?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

three posted:

Wow, I didn't know that about the law firm. That's pretty bad.

Is this about the one they hired to "independently" investigate that the Ravens ownership were partners at for 30 years and negotiated the direct TV stuff?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Somehow even worse defense then the Buccaneers displayed last night

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Anyone photoshop a mission accomplished banner behind Goodell yet?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mort calling Goodell a liar in so many words:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/23...1ROftBlyBste2lG

:ughh:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Parmesan Basil posted:

So...he should be murdered in public because????

Shut up.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Wait, so he got his suspension lifted and then immediately suspended again for a different violation?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ozu posted:

So he tested positive for PEDs again, yet it seems this is a substance abuse issue? Weird.

Maybe amphetamines? The new rules would make overturn an off-season one, then he tests positive once training camp starts and that one counts?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJJuKES-k2I

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

And lastly, a bunch of NFL player tweets collected into a low effort article: http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/goodell-nfl-news-conference-players-reaction-commissioner-091914?cmpid=tsmtw:fscom:buzzer

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

This just dropped about 10 minutes ago

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/11551518/how-ray-rice-scandal-unfolded-baltimore-ravens-roger-goodell-nfl

tldr: The Ravens front office had a copy of the Ray Rice video within 12 hours and undertook a campaign for leniency and a 2-game suspension.

Yeah, take this to the Ray Rice thread.

And get hosed Ravens, just get hosed.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FOXSports has learned Buccaneers QB Josh McCown undergoing 2nd test on injured thumb, expected to miss several weeks.

Now Lovie can stand by his QB and not have to play him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well now I know what Tony's talking about :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6XOwscW6ws

• Locked thread