Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
I only started using the Dominion Rod today so I don't have a great understanding of it or anything, but from basic experimentation it feels like the hammer statue is better against large bosses and breaking weak points while the owl statue is better against hordes and general damage. The owl statue actually does better against captains and playable characters if you don't care about hitting weak points, since it moves around so much it can hit enemies from the back and break their guards, plus the S2 is a launcher that most enemies seem to not block.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

enojy posted:

Are those "purple skills" (the ones that require all three tiers of all weapons to begin unlocking) worth it? I've about got the Adventure map completed, I just need a few more tier 3 weapons for various underleveled characters, so the process is a pain in the rear end. I wanted to unlock those purple skills before getting too deep into Master Quest and Twilight map, but if they aren't worth it, gently caress it I'll move on.

It increases the weapon's base power to 300, same as the Master Sword. If the weapon has 5 stars it gets buffed to 450 total base power. It usually isn't worth it IMO.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Agitha's biggest problem is that her third attack in her normal combo, the whirlwind that lifts her into the air, is hideous garbage that lasts forever for no damage and leaves her open to basically every enemy in the game. She wouldn't be good even without it, but it's what dumps her into the bottom of the list below even Zant.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Eh, it's debatable. Agatha is weirdly good at taking out boss meters with her butterfly, but everything else in her arsenal is ridiculously slow, has a small area of effect, and/or is hard to control. Zant at least can take out mobs and keeps in less than ten minutes, even if his captain/boss fights are pretty terrible.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Out of the available Master Quest and Twilight Princess packs, is one of them considered better than the other?

I'd say they're about equal. It depends on what you want out of them, really.

Master Quest-
-It's a remix of the original Adventure Map.
-Has Cia, Volga and Wizzro's level 2-3 weapons, plus several costumes and 8-bit weapons.

Twilight Princess-
-Has an original map, though it's only about two-thirds the size of the first two.
-Unlocks Twili Midna, who's an absolute shitwrecker, plus Zelda's Dominion Rod. Also a few costumes.
-Enemies in the TP map have a chance to drop two materials or a weapon and a material, making badge grinding much easier.
-Balance is a bit off; the game expects you to be around level 80 with all characters to get very far in, plus the damage requirements don't scale very well (enemies do significantly more damage as you get farther in, but A-rank requirements aren't adjusted to match the change)

Majora's Mask (hasn't been released in the US yet, so I'm just going off what's in this thread)-
-Two new characters, Young Link and Tingle.
-New map, about the same size as Twilight Princess, occasionally 'resets' until you beat a specific map
-Apparently the new maps drop a lot of rupees?

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Just got the DLC. So how in the world are Epona and Dominion Rod supposed to work? I've just been button mashing so far. Also, Twili Midna is loving amazing. But she seems kinda stationary? Like does she get invincibility for any of her fancy combos or can she doge cancel? Kinda worried about Damage A Ranks

My first thought when I read about Hyrule Warriors breaking 1M sales was "There're that many WiiU's out there?" :v: But hopefully this means more content in the future!

Epona I don't have too much experience with, but from what I've played her main thing is that she can juggle enemies basically forever. Alternate between the triple stomp and the multikick, use a carrot occasionally to launch enemies, and don't let them hit the ground until they're dead.

Dominion Rod is all about spacing and controlling the statues. She has two statues, the green owl and the red hammer, and can toggle between them by using strong attacks. The standard strong attack toggles between red-green-none, S2 and S5 set it to green, S3 and S4 set it to red. The green one spins around wildly, making it great for mobs and getting around guards, while the red one focuses on a small area but does more damage, making it better for bosses and PCs. There's no reason to not have a statue out, either. My general strategy is to use S2 to get the owl statue out, flail around wildly until the area's clear, then repeat as needed. If I need a damage boost, use s3 to clear the area or s4 to hammer the area right in front of you, then lock on to the nearest enemy and pummel them until they die. It's not the most sophisticated weapon, but it has massive AOE.

Twili Midna doesn't have much in the way of invincibility frames, as far as I can tell, but she doesn't really need them. Her standard Strong Attack is a massive AOE centered on her that takes forever to fire if her meter's empty, but if it's full it goes out near instantly. All of her attacks hit a wide area; use S3 to knock away enemies, S5 to wipe out midrange groups, and her S6 has massive range and basically fills her meter in one go. Switching between S6 and S1 will clear out most enemies pretty easily.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
You can dodge out of the animation a bit before the beetle actually drops. Summon a beetle, dodge, summon another in the same area, dodge, repeat until dead. It doesn't work well on enemy PCs since they can air dodge and escape the trap, but monster captains get chewed up pretty well, especially if you have Strength 3 on your weapon.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
You need to completely kill him once while he still has the dark power. He'll respawn a few seconds later, then you can trigger the Great Fairy once he gets back in range, let Zelda talk him down, then kill him again. You also need to open the Enemy Base gate, the one Cia's behind, but that should happen automatically as long as you've proceeded far enough into the stage.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
Most of the quizzes are pretty easy, yeah. They do have a few funny dick moves in some of them though. There was one, I forget exactly which, but it was defeat Zelda, ignore Midna, while using Agitha. The problem was that, even when initiated against Zelda, Midna took way more damage from a weak point smash, so I had to ignore the usual strategy and just combo Zelda to death. Not very fun.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

GANDHITRON posted:

I heard that you don't have to go out of your way to pick up material and weapon drops from downed enemies, that they automatically get collected at the end of the level. Is that true?

Also, how do you pronounce "cucco," "moblin," "Cia," and "Fi"?

Yes. There might be a limit to the amount of items that get autocollected, but even if there is it's high enough that you'll only be losing out on the generic trash materials. Cia and Fi get namedropped by the narrator in Legend Mode, FYI.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Chakram posted:

I am having the worst time trying to grind these Gohma's Acids. With the Materials+ weapon skill and apothecary mixtures, there still doesn't seem to be a middle ground between "mostly weapons dropping" and "only gold materials drop."

Help?

Just stop using the +material stuff. It doesn't increase the likelihood of materials dropping at all, just makes them more likely to be higher ranked.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I got the reward for getting all the skultulas in Legend Mode + 2 from hard, what would I get for getting the other hard mode skultulas?

They're part of the Boss Rush reward map. You'll need to get a few from Adventure Mode to complete it, though. The map itself is the upper left part of Gerudo Desert, you face off against two of the large bosses at a time, whenever one dies the next one spawns, and you have to kill all six to win. It's probably the hardest reward map though. They also help build up the potion shop, though you don't need the hard mode skulltulas specifically.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Bicyclops posted:

I finally got the highest level summoning gate!! Two more left. Somehow I just have to figure out what the hell I am doing with Agitha and the Great Fairy and finally I can move on to the Master Quest map, returning to the regular map only occasionally for some heart pieces or skulltulas.

For the Great Fairy map, I beat it in one try by basically ignoring everything that wasn't an objective or a high-morale enemy. Your allies can handle Zant/Ghirahim on their own, so just run around, drop bombs or riptides on everything that you need to kill and don't stop for anything. Her attacks are so slow you can't really afford to waste much time, so just focus on rushing anything that pings the map and then head straight for Cia. If you can reach her with ~3.5 minutes or so left you should be fine.

Agitha's a fair bit harder, IMO. Before starting the map, get her to level 65 or so, with a 5-star Luna Parasol with strength 3 and 5. Light and lighting+ help but aren't as important. From there, you need to know that she has basically two useful combos- the beetle drop and the rushing beetle. For the first, start the drop a second or so before your target reaches you, dodge to reset your animation, drop another beetle, repeat until dead. For the second, time the beetle rush so it hits them right as they reach you, immediately go into the butterfly, do the three hit combo then a strong attack to smash into the ground. The second is more damaging and hits a wider area but is pretty slow and vulnerable to getting hit.

For the stage itself, you'll want to start by taking the big group of dinolfos right in front of you. Stay on the move, drop a beetle whenever you have space, and focus on breaking weak point gauges. Her WPS is great and hits a wide area, use it to clear out the normal dinolfos. Once you're down to the glowing yellow ones, switch to one of her good combos to clear them out. Then go after Ganondorf, hit him for about half his life, then go clear out any priority threats. Ideally, you want to hit the boss with at least 3 or 4 minutes left and 2000 or so damage left. Keep in mind it's a red space so the damage limit is 10000.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
So how do I not suck with the summoning gate? Everything feels slow as hell, Dodong and Manhandla are pretty crappy in their base forms and too slow when powered up, and I can't break weak point gauges in a single combo even on Dinolfos and the like. The special attack is great and Argorok is useful, but everything else seems mediocre to bad. Also, how exactly do you control the powered Argorok? Even when I don't lock on to an enemy, I never seem to be able to aim the fireball correctly.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Not a Children posted:

I've been trying Darunia's for a solid week, I just take too much damage through it. Probably just need to powerlevel so I can kill quicker...

I managed it my second try at around level 65. It's more important to have a five-star weapon with fire+ and Strength 4, I think. Keep in mind it's a red space so the damage limit is 10000, you can afford to take a fair few hits and still get an A rank.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Complexcalibur posted:

Hey, at least they didn't forget Bow Wow.

I'm still not sure if I'm going to be in the mood for more Hyrule Warriors once I finish the Adventure Map that comes with the game, but just in case, is there an optimal order to take on the DLC maps? I think I read in the thread that it was Majora -> Master Quest -> Twilight, but I'm not sure. Majora and Master might be swapped, I just remember Twilight being the hard one.

Master Quest is about as difficult as the regular Adventure Map, Termina expects levels around 60-80, Twilight is around 80-100.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

CuddlyZombie posted:

So am I a chump if I don't give a poo poo about using this Rupee glitch? Is there any real need to grind a bunch of guys to max level in the first place?

Not really. You can pretty comfortably beat the Twilight map, which is that hardest by far, at around level 100. Anything beyond that is strictly overkill.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Not a Children posted:

Darunia's level 3 weapon mission is the stuff that broken controllers are made of.

I just take too much damage if I rush it, probably going to end up cheesing it with a potion.

The damage limit on that mission is 10000, or 25 hearts. I never had a problem with taking damage, just time. If you're still having trouble, getting a tier two hammer with 4 or 5 stars, Strength 4, and Fire+ helps a lot.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I've been playing Hyrule warriors for the first time, which coincidentally is also my first warriors game. I've done some adventure maps while going through the storyline.

It's been interesting how time and the flow of battle are more difficult to manage than any of the enemies.
Is there any way to tell an ally to get the hell away from some place? I was fighting in the level with evil Zelda and Impa kept trying to suicide on either her or the Poe and Lizalfos that at some point spawned near her.
I had to hike it across the battlefield multiple times just to make it in the nick of time and bail her out, but the fourth time I did it she didn't get healed so I had to stick around and make short work of Zelda finishing that map without killing the Dodongo. I really wanted to kill King Dodongo! :argh:
You can only rescue any given character a maximum of three times per stage, and they'll restore less health each time. That said, there's no penalty to losing most characters unless you're on hard mode and going for certain skulltulas, you only get a game over if your character or your leader for the stage dies. For the Water Temple, that's Darunia and sometimes Ruto, so nothing will happen if Impa gets KOed. And no, there's no real way to control your allies, they have predefined routes through the stage they'll take when you hit certain criteria.

Traxis posted:

I finished Legend mode but haven't started adventure mode yet. Should I redo Legend on hard or dive into adventure? Just curious what the 'optimal' progression route is.
Getting all the normal mode skulltulas and the first two hard mode ones will unlock the first bonus map, which is excellent for grinding. Beyond that, feel free to take it in whatever order you feel like. I'd personally go through a few maps in adventure mode to get a few more levels, going straight to hard mode was a bit of a slog, but it's totally doable either way. Just don't go into any of the DLC maps until you've ground a bit.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I laughed out loud when the Great Fairy dropped a the moon on that dragon.
If you get a hookshot powerup you can drop moons on enemies yourself!

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

inferis posted:

In adventure mode do I have to complete battles with certain characters to get rewards like heart pieces? For example the first level has a heart piece reward for Fi if I get an A-rank victory and I did, but there's no indicator whether I got it or not.

You have to get weapons and heart pieces with the character they're for. Costumes can be unlocked by anyone, though they only show up in the DLC adventure maps.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I didn't quite understand what I was supposed to do in the last map with Cia, you're supposed to draw some Dinolfos so the Fairy fountain can shoot them? But I couldn't even find any Dinolfos and Violga shows up immediately to threaten Zelda.

Anyway I just started the part of the campaign where you play as Ganondorf. I don't know if it's the extra levels I gave him when I started (he was level 5 at the first level) or just that he hits as hard as he looks to be hitting, but the guy a friggin tank with ridiculous power moves. It's awesome. :iamafag:
I had a hilarious encounter with Impa in the level where you have to fight Lana. After killing some fakes for fun I weed out the real one and meet her.
Just standing there waiting I use the A special move blowing her back. After she got up and was nearly at me I used it again. I followed and used the fully powered X special move. Yet somehow she survives, so I meet her in combat and nearly get cut down by her pulling some weird guard move. I had to pull back to shatter a red jar to get my health back before properly defeating her. :psyduck:

For the Cia map, a couple of Poes and Dinolfos spawn once Volga powers up, they should be marked on the map. Once you run near them, they get 'leashed' to you and follow until you get close to the fairy fountain, at which point they stay there. Once all of the marked enemies, including Volga, are at the fountain, you can trigger the Great Fairy's attack, which wipes out all enemies outside Cia's fortress and nullifies Volga's powerup. You can defeat the non-Volga marked enemies instead of drawing them over, though; it's slower unless you're pretty overleveled, but it is an option. Volga respawns if defeated as long as he's powered up; you'll actually need to do this on hard mode if you want the stage's second skulltula.

For Impa, she was probably using the Naginata, her second weapon type; you can unlock it a little ways into Adventure Mode. It's much faster than her greatsword, though it has a little less range. Also, she powers up if you defeat too many clones, which buffs her health and damage and lowers the knockback she takes when hit, so it's harder to stun her when attacking. You can tell if enemies are powered up or have high morale because they glow their army color, usually red for enemies.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Darth TNT posted:

I hate the fire rod.

The gloves are pretty cool though.

I've started the hard campaign and was just cheated out of my second skultulla after that stupid Ghoma decides to only spam his cicle area of attack move.

Save up your magic during the stage, so you can pop off a charge against the boss; a magic-powered super attack will force the boss into revealing its weak spot. You should be able to pop its meter in one go if you have all the combo badges and at least the silver weakpoint badge.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

RickDaedalus posted:

I got this game not too long ago and I just beat Legend Mode. Got all the Gold Skulltulas (illustration is missing 3 pieces for some reason) and whatever.

My question is, is any of the DLC worth it? I want to play as Twili Midna, but I don't know if any of the other packs are worth it. Can anyone give me a rundown on them?

Master Quest pack- unlocks a new 'weapon' for Link, Epona; she's pretty good and can juggle enemies pretty much infinitely. Adds five new missions to Legend Mode, Cia's Tale, which details Cia's history, though it doesn't add any new Skulltulas or Heart Pieces. Finally, it unlocks the Master Quest Adventure Map; basically a remix of the original Adventure Map, with new types of missions and additional complications. The map contains Heart Pieces and weapon upgrades for Cia, Volga, and Wizzro, as well as several costumes and 8-bit weapons for the original cast.

Twilight Princess pack- unlocks a new weapon for Zelda, the Rod of Dominion, which is probably her strongest. Unlocks Twili Midna, who is crazy broken and hella fun. Also unlocks the Twilight Realm Adventure Map, which is intended for characters around level 100+ and crazy hard, and contains several more 8-bit weapons and costumes.

Majora's Mask pack- unlocks two new characters, Young Link and Tingle. Adds the Termina Field Adventure Map, which is intended for characters level 60-80, and features a 'reset' mechanic, where every 72 levels all maps will be re-locked and must be completed again, though this stops after you defeat the final map. As usual, adds new 8-bit weapons and costumes.

Boss Pack- adds the Boss Challenge and Ganon's Rage modes. Beating Ganon's Rage unlocks a (kind of half-assed) Giant Cucco character. Only costs half as much as the others, though it has a lot less content.

There's a few other DLC packs as well, but they're strictly costumes and don't add any playable content. Like Onean said, I'd advise you to play through Adventure Mode for a while, and if you're still having fun, go for the Hero of Hyrule pack, it contains all four of the above packs and gives you a minor discount.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

RickDaedalus posted:

B is for Barely. :(

I unlocked every unique weapon but, the Master Sword skill won't unlock. Do I have to get every weapon skin as well? I know Link has one more weapon to unlock, but that's just the spinner right?

You have to unlock every weapon on the standard Adventure Map; that means every single square with a weapon icon on it has to have the icon removed before the skill will turn red and start counting kills. The map should have a label at the top of the screen letting you know you did so if you managed it. DLC weapons, including the spinner, definitely aren't needed.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

FirstAidKite posted:

Oh my god the great fairy weapon is amazing

e: how exactly does the NNID stuff work for this game? You just add someone, and then sometimes they'll show up in your game or something, or what? Do they need to be actively playing or can it be anybody who owns a copy of it or what?

Been a while and I don't recall the details, but AFAIK- as long as you're connected to the internet, you'll randomly get different colored Links appearing on random spots in the adventure map. These maps have high-level enemies and somewhat randomized content, and if you win you get 50000 rupees and a random high-rank weapon in addition to whatever you loot in the mission itself. If you're friends with someone, their network link is more likely to show up, you get better rewards from beating the mission, and when you do the next time they play a map they get the equivalent to the +xp potion for free.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's been a hot minute, what do you use on Sheikah Stones in adventure mode?

I used a harp on some butterflies and they turned into one and it's telling me I still need to use items.

The harp reveals enemies on the stage so you can actually play it, but there's a second secret hidden on that screen that you use a separate item to identify. Or possibly the other way around for some areas.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

mabels big day posted:

The summoning gate Level 2 mission is awesome. Immediately after you beat the Bombchus, a thousand Dinolfos and Impa go into the Allied Base and a Rally Captain shows up at the opposite side of the map. It's impossible to defend Cia from getting her poo poo kicked in before reaching the Rally Captain if you get unlucky with his spawn location. Sheesh.

e: i beat it :frogbon:

I think that mission's just a straight level check, honestly. If you can kill the enemy captains in a reasonable time frame Cia can hold off Impa long enough to snipe the Rally Captain, if not you get drowned under ten million high-morale Dinalfos. Pray for lots of Argoroks.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

SuperHappy posted:

Still, it's pretty fun. The tweaks have made things easier to get through, for the most part, though now that I'm in the Master Quest, I'm finding the old 4000 damage limit wall starting to come up more often. Unfortunately, unlocking Link's Magic Sword is one of those "lol, get hit twice and you'll have to restart!" stages. Maybe it's time to find more Skulltulas and unlock the "permanent Arrow upgrade" potion. Yeah, I remember that. Do I want to go through it again? I don't know, but I probably will. I don't think I've even seen a stage with a 10000-limit cap yet. Surely they exist, though, right?

The 10000 damage stages are the red levels on the top two rows of the map, plus a few arbitrary stages that are considered to be harder than usual- mostly ones that force you to use Ganondorf, AFAIK. There's a map floating around that lists the damage requirements on each map along with a few other things, I think it was linked just a page or two ago.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Cool thanks for the advance. Folt's advice is intense but very interesting. I haven't even unlocked nearly a quarter of the characters but yeah, I'm sure when by the time it becomes necessary I'll have a better handle on things. Only weapon/character I can't get behind is Fire Rod Link, which in terms of nostalgia is just awesome (like everything in this game), but yeah it seems like a bad way of killing things. I'm probably missing something in regards to it though.
The Fire Rod is basically a sniper rifle in disguise, but is one of those weapons that really needs all its combo chains unlocked to be good. Once you do, the C2 combo that spins an axe around you clears weak mobs, the C4 that summons a dragon mauls captains and potentially name characters if you time it right, C3 can juggle enemies basically forever if you know what you're doing, and the basic combo string ends with an attack that has a gigantic range. Pick out the biggest threat, snipe at them until they get close, use a combo to clear the area, then repeat. It's a little tedious but it works.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Playing 3DS version. How do I get these weapon skills that are all chained up and weird looking to do anything? Getting kills seems to have no effect.

Also I'm almost finished with the first adventure mode map and still only have one fairy and a small amount of clothing. I honestly figured they'd have a lot more content for this My Fairy thing. Am I just missing something?
The Master Sword skills don't start counting kills until you unlock all weapons for every character, and the non-Master Sword weapons start counting once the Master Sword is finished. They're mostly not worth it, IMO; the Master Sword gets a nice damage bonus that makes it the strongest weapon in the game, but the others just make the weapon's damage equivalent to a tier 4 weapon of the same star rank.

Fairies are hidden in brown pots in keeps, and the stages they appear in are marked in the rewards section before starting a map.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Alright. I suppose that makes the next question "how do I get a fuckton of rupees?" Do I just try to grind weapon drops? If so, is there a really good way/place to do so?
You can buy rupee potions from the alchemist for 75 brown materials of any type and 1 rupee once you get enough skulltulas; combine that with a +rupees weapon skill and you can make like five times as many rupees per map as usual. Beyond that, Link maps on adventure mode reward you with 50000 rupees and a guaranteed top-tier weapon; they're deactivated by default, but there's an option on adventure mode to turn on your internet connection that activates them. If you can't do that or run out of Links, the reward maps for completing skulltula pictures are worth 40000 rupees per clear and a lot of experience as well.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
The last mission of Legend Mode is kicking my butt. There's just so much to do and I get overwhelmed once Gohma and Manhandla show up. Is there a general idea of who should be doing what, or do I just need to coordinate my characters better? Also, along similar lines, I've noticed that once I issue a character orders they stay locked in until I give a new one, is there any way to release orders and put them back under AI control?

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
He doesn't have a lot of opportunities to WPS, no. If you want to get one, then either bait him into doing the roll attack and move to the side, or shoot him with the bow when he does the lava pool hammer smash. It would probably be faster to just beat him up normally unless you have a really weak character, though.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
The witch who made potions near the Zora's canyon was heavily implied to be an aged Maple, but it's never stated outright. Her Lorule counterpart is referred to as 'Mapes' at one point, though.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

YggiDee posted:

Has anyone else been paying attention to the Linebeck swap thing? I assumed it was random but now I'm pretty sure each item gives you a specific food back.

Also, is it worth it trying to manage multiple faries, or should I just pick the one with the best clothing options and focus on her?

It's probably worth having at least one fairy of each element, and there's a few useful or at least situational skills that you can't all get on one fairy- wall of water, the keep repair skills, infinite magic/special probably being the standouts.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
I've been noticing that sometimes random enemies will heavily slow down for some reason; it's not frame issues, just one specific captain or playable character will randomly execute an attack at about a third of their standard speed. It happens most often inside a fairy field, but not always, and I don't think my fairy has any ability that would cause this. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

SeANMcBAY posted:

Maybe it's something the game does to try to prevent frame drops? Which version are you playing?

Legends, on the New 3ds. I don't think it's a frame rate issue, I have actual frame drops and nothing like that happens. It usually seems to trigger when an enemy captain is using a charge attack, the kind that generates a blue glow around them that isn't the subweapon interrupt.

• Locked thread