Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

First episode was great, having giant arms come out of nowhere was a pretty funny gag to put scale on the fights again.

Please let Mr. Asia be revealed as his Jigen Haoh master, I need this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pureauthor posted:

As long as we're continuing the discussion,

Yuuma spent the entirety of the episode either on the back foot or getting his clock cleaned by the most amazing/awful Wing kitbash I've ever seen.

So we have that as well.

For a second I was pretty excited for a Deathscythe/Ashtaron combo or something, that would be weird/cool. That scene was too dark for my eyes to make out fully through.

I hope Fumino gets to keep kicking rear end with strategy and overwhelming gun fire.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, not really. The Agrissa is a normal canonical add-on for that machine type. We've already seen multiple units in the original show which included independent machines as part of their lineup. The DX in the original show had G-Bits for Christ's sake. We're told the Agrissa is against the rules in regulation fights but in terms of actual Gunpla battles, that's been a fairly regular thing that characters have done. Nobody would have called it cheating against Sei and Reiji.

It seems like the rules have changed for 3 player team battles. I'm really looking forward to a bunch of weird team compositions, they'll itch my Gundam Extreme Vs urges.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Srice posted:

Honestly posts like these are way more obnoxious since at least ImpAtom explaining the rationale behind his opinion, which last I checked isn't something the SJW types are able to do :v:.

:agreed: though I still think its too early on to make specific character agency calls, same as G-Reco. I'm hoping everyone gets a chance to shine at some point, even if a team setting makes that a little more difficult to set properly.

Or: God drat I just want more scenes of the GM Cardigan shooting things before it's sidelined after regionals.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Yosuke posted:

This show makes me actually work on my backlog. Waiting for paint to dry now, but basically after it ended I went back to work on the MG Hi Nu I got recently.

Anyone else get the same feeling?

I had renounced HGs before Build Fighters and now I'm buying them again on top of my (admittedly small) MG backlog. What have I become

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Love Love Tengyanken. Let's make it real.

:agreed:

I'm glad the show keeps getting better, looking forward to learning the majesty of SD next episode.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also, did anyone else chuckle at the Mocks holding targets up? I want an HG with those as accessory hands.

I thought it was funny that Sekai managed to throw the pistol at the Mock accurately before punching a hole in it. Where was that accuracy before champ?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

MonsieurChoc posted:

Stargazer is pretty broken good by itself, though?

Yeah the Voiture Lumiere system is ridiculous. I'll deal with it appearing since the Strike Noir at least got a cameo.

ImpAtom posted:

It basically felt like a one-on-one fight beyond that, and we even got Yuuma blowing off Fumina's strategy and nothing coming of it, although that'll hopefully end up biting them late.

Looks like next episode is going to be where the team's gimmicks start conflicting with one another so they might be dealing with this early.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Revolver Bunker posted:

This will happen to counter Build Winning/Lightning/Burning Knuckle forcing each of them to bring out the hammers.

I'm down if we can get Ral doing something like this

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I watched in haste before work this morning but did Winning Gundam put itself back together after using Winning Road? That seems like it would be a major problem if the one shot kills don't work out.

I really hope straight build guy is as cool/sympathetic as the preview is making him out to be, as a guy who can't really paint models because of my eyes he could be my hero.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ImpAtom posted:

It did. You saw it in the Psyco Mock fight. It couldn't after the EZ-8 fight because they blew up one of the parts.

Okay cool, I remember seeing a bunch of the parts that aren't being used for Winning Road falling away and am kinda interested in how all of those came back together so perfectly since things like the waist parts aren't 'piloted'.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Samba De Amigo posted:

Somewhere out there there's a team of nerds with a Victory fighting against a Psycho Gundam.

No, Victory is specifically pointed out as a unit that can be piloted by one person as long as that one person controls the three separated parts.

But I can't lie, I would be that nerd. Really looking forward to that Victory showing up.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pureauthor posted:

I found it weird/funny that last week they tried to hype up the Winning Gundam going from waverider mode to SD Gundam mode as something anyone should care about and then this week the Ez-8 team was all 'Pft, it's just an SD. We don't need to worry about it.'

They just didn't understand the heart/creativity of all Gunpla, then ate poo poo for discriminating/being mook team of the week. :owned:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

chumbler posted:

They have to be building up to a Bright slap at some point. I mean they can't just not have one.

I have been praying that Bright makes an appearance in this series as a Ral substitute/friend/rival. Maybe he's got a White Base esque family van, and is off looking for his rebellious son who ran off after a girl.

Or rather: I want a proper Bright slap and some form of Hathaway getting owned.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Fight this week was ridiculously hype. Slugfests are the best.

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think it might, it seems bound to come up given we keep seeing Yuuma working on Lighting, which seemed to take a pretty bad spill on the ring-out. I think the next ep or two the team will be dealing with repairs (Winning looked ok, it's probably more solid than the rest) and observing the Girl's School against G-Master to establish not-Sleggar.

I'm also hoping that Build Burning needs repairs/upgrades now, it would be cool to see how Sekai's imagination would change the design a bit.

I am so ready for Victory with two anti-ship swords, that thing looks rad as hell. Not-Sleggar's G-Fighter also looks awesome.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Mecha Gojira posted:

Ah, just get him some acrylics and a paintbrush. He'll be fine.

Now, for a moment there I was worried it was the spray lacquers that put him in the hospital in the first place.

I know it won't happen, but I would be so happy to see Shimon piloting some horribly painted, mix-match machine that his little brother thought was the coolest kitbash in the world. That would just be adorable :unsmith:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Gyanko's newtype death scene was hilarious. Sad to see she had to get chumped to make the Mega-Shiki threatening though.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ImpAtom posted:

And it's a shame because "I didn't build my own model and now I'm right hosed" would be an interesting plot point. Maybe even one they'll hit later on, but they're using pretty cheap scripting outs to avoid having to deal with it before they want to while still getting things like last week's Destiny battle. I wonder if they'll remember it next week or if Gyanko's machine is going to be mysteriously damaged and have a wrecked shield.

I'm hoping that beyond regionals the damage level will be A, there's no way they won't crank it up later. Getting torn up in A damage level seems like a good enough reason to justify a mid season upgrade for Sekai honestly.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

AfroSquirrel posted:

Gyanko using eyedrops to fake tears was the best part of this episode.

I don't know, seeing Laura Rolla in the crowd of Gundam gals in the opening scene was pretty great.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Episode was rad as hell. I really hope that G-Fighter and Amethyst Victory get new kits so I can replicate that sick docked mode.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Pyroi posted:

And stop by to get a bite to eat at McDaniel.

I probably would have died if I saw Henken flipping patties.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ImpAtom posted:

Edit:
I really think the most damning thing I can say is that every bit of the episode I was really invested in involved characters from the previous show, aside from anime ja nai~

Yeah I groaned a bit when Sekai showed up but everyone getting chumped made it better. That revolver is sick.

Anime ja nai~ was so cute its almost painful

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Caros posted:

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I suspect the white mobile suit was supposed to be a Dozel Zabi style custom in Shin Matsunaga colors. This fits in pretty well with the fact that they are Team White Wolf.

His name was Matsunaga, couldn't have been more blatant unless he just appeared Ral/Sleggar style

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh I know, something like three or four months have passed since the series started so there's plenty of time for that to happen, just saying it'd be a better fit for two characters that have supposedly grown up on Gundam than one who we've seen do pretty much nothing on-screen Gundam/Gunpla-wise aside from the one SD kit.

You guys are talking all that mean poo poo, just wait until the end of episode 22: a recreation of the pottery scene from Ghost but with gunpla the night before the grand finals

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Holy poo poo, might be the first HGBF kit from Try I really want just to replicate that paint job

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ImpAtom posted:

That said, Try Burning honestly looks really ugly to me. The Extra plavsky panels throw off the colors in a bad way. Maybe it'll come across better in the show.

Yeah it's just not as clean of a design. Though I wasn't big on Star Build Strike until I saw it animated so maybe it will work out.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I can see the arms, legs and the lower torso half, it's possible a smaller head could be inside the really huge SD one.. I don't see where it has the hip to knee section, unless they are able to be pulled up from the 'leg' part of the thrusters. There does appear to be ball joint slots if you zoom in enough.

Holy poo poo I want that to be the real trick for it though, I will totally buy an SD -> HG gimmick model.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's a gimmick to the back of the SD head, by the looks of it. I'd wager the "HG" head's in the SD's, and the upper legs descend from the torso.

I hadn't thought about the leg joints coming from the current torso section, that is pretty interesting. That hollow of a torso will be really weird for engineering I bet but god drat I want to see a kit of that.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

I love the idea that the Meijin just zooms around looking for kids who aren't having fun.

I like the idea that Lady Kawaguchi strolls around looking for kids to inspire by crushing their dreams utterly.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Lessail posted:

Seiphiroth

G-U-N-P-L-A

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Caros posted:

Oh ... oh god! What is that!? What have you done? Can't you hear the cries of your Gunpla? THE V2 IS CRYING! :negative:

The Meijin ought to slap some sense into you.

The V-Sprue Gundam is pretty cool, ok

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Ka0 posted:

Funny you guys hate Sekai so much, he is just a distilled form of Domon. And near as I can tell, everybody loves Domon for some reason.

Funny that keeps being said because everyone who is upset with Sekai is quick to point out that Domon had an actual character arc.

I can't wait until next episode, I really want to see Star Winning's gimimck in action.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

This week's advertisement worked, gonna buy the gently caress outta Tryon 3 :w00t:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I didn't know that Indy Gundam was a real thing but I love it.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Winning Beam loving owns. Might end up buying 2 models just for dual posing.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

boom boom boom posted:

The backstory of the Build Burning is so completely nonsensical I almost don't want to criticize it, because it's hard to believe they could write something like that and not mean it as a "Ramba Ral just shows up when Gundam fights happen" style joke.

I want the backstory for the next series to be folks digging up ancient ruins and finding ridiculously old gunpla set ups then fighting with them. Since barely anyone will know what a Gundam is they can just kitbash all sorts of dumb poo poo and think it is rad

Turn Build Fighters

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

if lady kawaguchi's inevitable battle with fumina ends with ripping the other 'whole' leg off because she's having so much childish fun i will consider that the best character growth this metaseries has ever had

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

Meanwhile Build Strike has the opposite problem where it has so much poo poo it can do that I don't know how they'd handle it. Absorb Shield would be amazingly game changing, to the point that SBS would probably have to be limited to a super mode of the Build Strike FP like the IWSP, and RG Mode would probably be the EX mode, but how would the discharges be implemented, and would the assist be Build mkII/Beginning or Fenice/Maoh/Sengoku, and would it get a Build Strike Repair form like the Exia does, and how would they implement all the random weapons the Build Strike used over the course of the show, and more importantly how would they implement the baseball episode?

It's a shame that I'll probably have to wait till the next revision for Build Fighters to get in.

Tanking hits and powering up from it would probably be a limited option it could only do for a little bit, kinda like the Crossbone capes I would guess. They could also take the X2 removable cape approach and have an absorb mode and a discharge mode, with different moves for each, though if that transformation were cancellable it would probably be broke as gently caress. Maybe you can only absorb up to a limit then you can't tank shots unless you discharge?

I'd rather see Star Winning. Funnels and mode swapping gameplay kinda like the Victory? :fap:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

Fenice would also be amazing if they make it like the Re-GZ and it starts every battle on its bike.

Hell, Maxi Boost has the Gedlav, anything is possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

kinda wishing for an alternate series ending where sakai selflessly leads his team to victory and promises to beat yuuma on a proper 1v1 stage

RIP tryon 3

• Locked thread