Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
He's gone all Question on us :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Part of the charm of Flash's villains is that they're all actually pretty cool despite having some of the worst loving names of any villains ever.
Plus they have a code; its why that Flash episode of JLU is the best :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I wish this wheelchair scientist was played by Jeff Goldblum. I mean he kind of looks like him

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that was pretty awesome.

One of the things i like in comics is when they point out using superhuman powers requires them to eat way more than normal people.
I like how in Young Justice the costume has a compartment where Barry/Wally can eat something to keep his energy up.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Oh my god this man is made of Stem Cells :stonk:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Might need to learn how to fight first, Barry.
Got to get some boxing skills

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

Continuing the Spider-Man aalogies, the whole losing his powers and motivation but regaining them arc this episode had is basically Spider-Man 2 but way better.
The bad guy even has a dead wife!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Well one out of three ain't bad Barry; olives are the best Pizza topping :colbert:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

HOLY poo poo :stare:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Technogeek posted:

The episode in which Lex Luthor and Flash swap bodies is still one of my favorites, both because it shows just how dangerous the Flash's powers are in the wrong hands and because of this.
Even more funny in a meta way is that Wally West's voice actor played Lex on Smallville

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

The puns, oh god the puns!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Spergatory posted:

God, Sunset Overdrive looks like the douchiest game ever made.
I want to like it because its from the people who made Ratchet and Clank, but why did they go to Microsoft only :negative:

What a minute? It shoots white flame? Now I want Snowflame to be on this show

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Wow that seems like such a great trivia night bar; also that team name is not nearly as bad as my trivia team "Gin and Tectonics", but our professors had a muuuuuuuuuuuch worse name "Don't take us for Granite" :ughh:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Oh my god these use tablets for trivia night, what is this wondrous world where trivia nights aren't not being able to hear the questions right because the woman saying them is drunk and you can get away with cheating most of the time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

I'm more impressed that Cisco invented a cold gun with apparently infinite ammo
Its powered by a cold bandanna

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

He's got the parka!!!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I really hope they don't kill him off

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Phylodox posted:

That Justice League Unlimited scene would have been amazing if they'd actually had the guts to kill off Wally and have him stay killed, instead of just instantly undoing it.
That would there would be no "Flash And Substance" which is probably one of the best JLU episodes.

Polaron posted:

There's a moment in one of the comics where Superman is running alongside Flash and they have a conversation that goes something like this:

Flash: "You can't stop me."
Superman: "I've raced you before, Barry. I even won some of those races."
Flash: "Those races were for charity, Clark."

And then Flash pours on the speed and is just gone. One of my favorite Flash panels.
I do like how the first Flash vs Superman race was written by literally a 15 year old. The whole concept of that story seems like something a kid would write up.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Phylodox posted:

But what's the best pizza to eat while watching The Flash?
Whatever local place you got nearby, sicilian cut, plain, maybe black olives or mushrooms if you are feeling adventurous... what? I don't like meat on my pizza.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

wooger posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about? Napoli claims to be the birthplace of pizza, and I believe them. Totally different to anything in the US. And they serve very thin 15 -20 inch pizzas by default, definitely a main course, if a rather informal one.
Yeah when I was in Rome 4 years ago pizza was definitely main course. Really good pizza btw, I didn't know the italian for plain pizza, so I got mushroom pizza instead. Top of the line.

What really needs to come to America is cibata bread with black olives embedded in them, that was sooooo go :btroll:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

If you're at all a fan of superheroes, the lego games will make you grin. Lego Batman 2 is basically a Batman/Superman teamup with appearances by other heroes. But Lego marvel is essentially the marvel movie's versions of the characters interacting with people you'll never see in the same movie. Tony Stark and Reed Richards bond over their love of science, Peter Parker angsts out, and Wolverine shows up everywhere. It is glorious.

Also, Saints Row 4 is the best superhero game ever made.
And all three of these games have some of the best voice actors too. Troy Baker and Laura Bailey are so good :allears:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Poor Barry dealing with the can't get drunk metabolism, he and Cap should hang out.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Clancy Brown :swoon:

I love how he still does DC stuff

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

Holy poo poo, they trashed the suit THAT quickly. Also with Clancy Brown here, this feels like the closest we'll get to a live action DCAU.
He could seriously still play as Lex in live action

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

I think Armageddon is a pretty good movie.
It had that Aerosmith song so automatically better than Deep Impact

Screw scientific realism, that would be like hating Jurassic Park because most of the dinosaurs in that movie would have feathers and gasping for air since Oxygen levels are way less now than they were in the Mesozoic.

Gaz-L posted:

Where do you stand on Volcano vs Dante's Peak? Or Antz and A Bug's Life?
Dante's Peak and Antz

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

muscles like this? posted:

He wears hats in the past to disguise his receding hairline.
That and to look like casual Rocky

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

I missed the name she said.
Iron Fist

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Not the smartest move to do Barry

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Darko posted:

Taking off the mask for everyone - yeah, this is realllly Spider-man (movies).
I mean he was already stalking Iris so might as well

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

There we go

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deadpool posted:

All of the '90s Marvel cartoons were.
Yeah but X-Men had that cool theme and it always brings me joy to laugh at it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfmqSOr2-NY

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

Do you think Hamill will play him as Joker-lite?
I hope he doesn't try doing the Joker voice, apparently it hurts him now to do it :smith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I should have talked to Barry's dad actor when he was at my local comic convention last Saturday

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Also I am the Flash byyyyyyyyyyye

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Wow he beat the poo poo out of himself, that is some dedication

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I just realized that they should get John Hannah to voice Grodd when that episode comes up

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deadpool posted:

There's always hope until the episode airs. Stargirl sucks.
Was Stargirl in JLU? The chick who wore the captain america costume and fought with a staff right? Or am I thinking of someone else?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

bunnyofdoom posted:

Yeah! Next thing you know, when they cast John Jones he'll be white
There is a Jon Jones cocaine joke here somewhere

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I also recommend Green Lantern the Animated Series because once you get beyond the CGI art style its really fun and its a shame the terrible Green Lantern film killed it in the long run.

zoux posted:

Specifically, there's "Justice League" which is terrible first season and excellent second season, and focuses on more or less the core guys and gals of JLA. Then there's JLU which is two excellent seasons that does episodes about all kinds of superheroes and villains.
Was the time travel to WWII episode a season 1 two parter? Because that one was excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

zoux posted:

Yeah I guess except the Nazis invented tech that could handle Superman with ease.
Well they had help from Vandal Savage from the future telling past Vandal Savage how to defeat the allies with future tech

• Locked thread