Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

XboxPants posted:

Oh yeah, wasn't there another rumor article that explicitly claimed there was a Huntress show in talks?

While the character is a little better in Arrow I doubt the character would get another shot at carrying a show.

So whats the over/under on Slade getting a Suicide Squad offer before or after breaking out the first time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Woo, Nathan Fillion confirmed for Martian Manhunter guest spot.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I just realized that now that Quentin is a captain we're less likely to get a scene where he's face to face with Ra's and Ra's refers to him as "Detective".

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Xealot posted:

"The murderer's name is...uh, Kyle Nimbus. He's this guy who may or may not be able to will himself into a gaseous volume of cyanide. Good luck?"

Barry can punch someone at over 760mph. Ra's would still beat him because Plot Reasons...but realistically, a ~150 pound Barry punching a guy at 760mph would literally rip that guy's head off his body. Even at a lower speed, pretty much any hit Barry connected would be like the force of a car crash dispelled over a fist-sized area.

Flash tends to undersell that physical reality. Because it would be extremely horrifying if Barry accidentally shattered a bank robbers' sternum and destroyed his internal organs.

"Woo! Cisco, I got him!"
"Take that, Captain Mischief--- wait, holy gently caress, Barry, gently caress! What did you?!? Jesus!"

There's no speed force, punching someone at 760mph would have near the same effect on Barry. Remember how he to punch the one dude in the exact right place or he'd gib himself?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Error 404 posted:

My name is Harrison Wells, and *mouth trumpet noises*

"I must become someone else, I must become, Captain Bubblebeard."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

greatn posted:

He needs to use a boomerang arrow now, a magnet arrow, and at some point a melf's acid arrow.

They need to borrow a little bit from Marvel and have him give Felicity a USB arrow. One with 256megabytes of storage.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I'm not sure he'd be an Argus agent if the last time he saw Waller before season 2 Ollie told her he'd kill of her ever saw her again.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

imperialparadox posted:

Do you think that anything else will ever come from the book of names though? It's still sort of odd that several people apparently kept a list of the names of the participants in some shady business dealings. I always wonder if there is more to the list than that. :shrug:

(Not saying that I think it has anything to do with Argus though).

No that was the point to the list, it was a list of people making money off exploiting the city that those partaking in the Undertaking could blackmail for money or resources in order to achieve their part of the plan.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I dont know posted:

Thea was talking to him on the phone in the crossover episode. I hope hes gone, but I suspect he will be around for short pointless scenes for a while until he moves to a new city to join Carly and is never spoken of again.

I hope it's the same city since Carly moved to the Green Lantern's home city and I'm sure plenty of us know how that will turn out.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

poo poo, I wonder if that's s promo shot or just a fan-made thing that he really liked.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If they do bring the pits into it I wonder if they'll tie it to Mirakuru at all. Like it's based on a sample or something.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Narcissus1916 posted:

But Arrow's version of the demon's head? He's weary. Not old or weak, just tired of the same cycles playing out again and again. Matt Nable could have played "you're just a boy" as an insult, swinging a metaphorical dick around. Instead, Nable says the line like a literal truth - Oliver's only been a vigilante for a hair past thirty months. He is just a boy, not in his mental state but in his actual learned experience.

I loved the delivery, like Ra's knew exactly how it was going to end from the moment Ollie walked into the room and how he almost felt bad about having to kill someone with so much left to live for because of Merlyn.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Don't be so Transphobic.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Wait, people have been speculating that the pit is why Merlyn is still alive? Why would he be terrified of Ra's finding out he's still alive then?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The rapist or the robotocist?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

That DICK! posted:

Come to think of it it is a little strange given all the crazy poo poo that has happened to him in flashbacks since the S1 flashbacks that one day he just remembered that book of names his dad had and decided to make it his life all of a sudden.

They'll probably tie it back into the flashbacks later on but right now everything about that book seems like the loosest of loose ends and I don't feel like that's intentional.

Well they're showing his development as the flashbacks go on, In S1- 2 his only real concern was his survival and that of his immediate friends. Now's he's learning to increase his vision a little bit while developing the ends justifies the ends ethos he has in present day S1. Eventually something will happen him to open his eyes and start worrying about people he's never met.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Are there Lego vehicles for Diggle to drive around? Seems kind of callous to include a character and cut out like 90% of his power set.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

omg chael crash posted:

I feel like Ollie isn't half as tough in the flash backs as he was in the first episode and we're nearly halfway through said flashbacks. Does that make sense?

We've seen glimpses of that Ollie in the flashbacks probably won't take too much to start molding him into that person full time.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

bobkatt013 posted:

Does this mean we get this in live action

I didn't know Roy spent time as Cat Welder.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bad Moon posted:

Sometimes she gets a bomb strapped to her by a guy who looks like Bashir from DS9

You know, this made me realize the only time I've ever seen Alexander Siddig and James Callis together at the same time was that lovely Scheherazade miniseries from 15 years ago.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Maybe the Bratva are renowned for their close quarters combat skills

The bathhouse scene in Eastern Promises supports this claim.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The Nolan movies are kind of their own thing and won't affect anything else embargo or otherwise.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kibayasu posted:

Smartest thing a cop in Starling ever did.

Until you read what happened to her new home town, Coast City.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The Question IRL posted:

Edit: Having looked here China White wasn't on the List. But Danny Brickewell was on it.
But they did confirm that the List was written in Ghost Ink which is a LoA trick.

http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/The_List

I loved that scene, the entirety of team arrow looked on in disbelief as Sara showed them a 2nd grade science experiment.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

He was offered the chance to replace Jeremy Renner in the MCU.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Bruceski posted:

Gotham is a grimdark prequel to Adam West's Batman. It starts out rather disjointed with some characters being uberhams while others are trying to play it straight, but after a few episodes everyone starts finding some middle ground. You wind up with (mostly) serious characters in a crazy city, and while I wouldn't call it good enough to get off my "guilty pleasure" list, it works. Aside from Fish and Barbara, but it works for everyone else.

Also, Penguin and Zsaz alone make it worth watching. Those actors are stealing every scene they're in.

So they've even improved on Montoya? From what I watched she was awful.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Plus February sweeps is over after week.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I wonder if the show's version of the Pit isn't a Fountain of Youth thing, but some sort of mystical repository of all the Ra's that have bathed in it. The new Ra's gets dunked in and gains the knowledge and memories of all his predecessors.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That was Amell saying that in reference to how they were bringing him back.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Ell hopefully he realizes it before Felicity does.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Ville Valo posted:

Green Arrow (among others) is getting a costume redesign in the comics soon... but Green Lantern's looking more like TV Arrow than anything.

Green Arrow starring Jax Teller. "Just trying to keep this Justice League whole, bro."

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Valeyard posted:

I'd watch this so hard

Ron Perlman can even reprise his role as Ollie's stepdad, Deathstroke.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Valeyard posted:

You know Ron Perlman turning up in the actual show is something that probably will happen at some point

I know, and I can only hope it's as Randall Savage.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe the pit will be how Caity Lotz will be around for the spin off.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Proposition Joe posted:

Do we know that for sure though (even though its probably the case)? Also they didn't know where he was before the botanical gardens so he totally could have shot off a voice mail or whatever.

Not for sure, no. It was Argus people that were shooting at them on the docks. I figure Waller ordered her people to make sure they didn't get on the boat because Marc Singer had it rigged to explode. Now it's probably Argus trying to track them down to bring them in. They already have Masao and his wife and that's how they knew to search the botanical gardens.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 23, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

I dont know posted:

If this is the case why have ARGUS goons in the botanical garden when they could just have Masao and Tatsu waiting to explain things.

Two reasons, first is that they don't want all the principles together and out in the open when Singer is looking to kill them and second, extra tv drama.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
And a set of keys.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So was Ray's hosed up eyes in the episode going to be a point about the strain he's under or does Brandon Routh have an issue that make-up didn't bother fixing?

Edit: VVV His right eye was blood shot the entire episode, like he burst a vessel in them. I didn't want to assume something was wrong with the actor since it fits into the character.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 28, 2015

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I would buy Ray having pink eye. I could totally buy Ollie breaking into Roy's apartment and farting in his pillow to get back on him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

jscolon2.0 posted:

Lyla's was Harbinger, though. Badass enough for both of them.

Wasn't a very accurate name though. Diggle was the one that assumed direct control.

• Locked thread