Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Pretend that the Queen family is essentially a more action oriented Bluth Family and things make more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Aphrodite posted:

The ads for this keep using the tagline "Revenge is the only dish served."

So cheesy.

So Ollie is going up against The Condiment King? Or could it be some other food- or chief base supervillan that I don't know about.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Gaz-L posted:

If you can think of a more practical form of footwear for the job, I'd like to hear it!

Boots. Steel-toed boots.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I think part of the problem with Laruel is that they honestly have never had any real idea what to do with her. The first season they gave her fuckall to do, she was just a bit player in Tommy's plot-line really. Then Tommy let a burning building fall on him they dropped a burning building on him so Ollie could learn that killing people is wrong. Then Season Two rolled around they didn't know what to do with her so it was all "YAY! BOOZE AND PILLS YUM YUM!" which kept her occupied until poo poo finally got rolling then she was a secondary player in Serah's plot-line. and now here she is getting a plot-line of her very own, and honestly it feel's more like they are just checking boxes off a list. okay let's see here Number 1 Dead Relative for motivation: check, Failed first attempt: Check, and Mentor to teach her how to fight: well poo poo, we already established that she can fight so what do we do? Ah gently caress it, Check. It honestly quite formulaic and that they are just going through the numbers with her and combined with the sometimes awful dialog they give her really brings her character down.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

thrawn527 posted:

Seriously though, is someone feeding Slade? That question about the prison in The Flash got me thinking.

They just toss him a wild animal. He fights it, tears off what he eats then his guards have the rest buried in New Jersey.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Woden posted:

The leader of ARGUS, Diggles wife, Nyssa(?) and probably others.

He's working those, he has a system you know.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He'll get to them once he's four for four with the Lance family.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The flashbacks were the highlight of season one for me. The present stuff was just boring predictable, Ollie honestly felt like a Mary-Sue at times, also as much as I love Barrowman he didn't really feel enough like a big threat or that interesting as a villain. The Stuntwork was great though and Tommy actually acted like a human being and had a pretty decent character arc. The flashbacks however were really good. They were kind of like how I imagined a TV series based on Far Cry 3 would be like.
Season two flashbacks though however started losing me after Spade finally went the full crazy revenge psycho. It was like they didn't know what to do between then and the final showdown between Ollie and Slade. Now season three has completely lost me. It just feels like they don't know what to do with them now.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

BreakAtmo posted:

Call a Slade a Slade.

I blame my tablet's autocorrect.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Or Oliver just winds up thinking he's an ostrich and spends an episode with his heard buried in a pile of garbage behind the club.

EDIT: while in this state he also mistakes The a for his mate and whenever the Douchejockey tries to to get close to Ollie squawks at him and tries to peck at him.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Dec 6, 2014

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
My name is Slade and for the past nine months the I've been only been eating raw kangaroo.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 13, 2014

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Jerusalem posted:

Look I don't ask for much, but I want a scene where she's on the phone, gets simultaneous calls from Oliver and Ray, and says,"I'll have to call you back, Bruce."

Then she get 's a call from Constantine.
"Uh, yes how do we perform an exorcism on a computer program?"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

jscolon2.0 posted:

"PS, I'm the reason Roy cheated on you.

PPS, you are a murderer and there may be a League of Assassins out to kill you."

PPPS, Also I tried my best but Roy is worse than useless and Ras is really pissed at your father over that poo poo he pulled and he has no qualms with hurting you to to get to him so, good luck with that.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

high six posted:

The trailer for the midseason premiere of The Flash gaves us our first look at Pied Piper, so I guess our douchey DJ is out of the running for that position.

There's still music meister. Although in all probability Merlyn is going to kill him so Thea can realize just how much of a oval office Merlyn is.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 8, 2015

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

muscles like this? posted:

Brick as a comic character does have powers. I do agree that he isn't quite as big as he used to be.

I think part of that might be a side effect of chemotherapy to treat his skin cancer.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Warmachine posted:

Part of me refuses to believe you, but the rest of me worked IT for four years and knows better.

Last weekend my parents found they had an adware oh their computer. Since it linked to ads related to webcams they thought that the program came from OBS since that program works with the computers webcam.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people over forty.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I gotta admit, I didn't like him at first, but that DJ has some killer beats.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

My favorite bit is the one right after that. Frank Calmly puts down the grenade launcher, picks up his rifle, shoots the bald dude in the head then kneecaps the guy with dreadlocks.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rocksicles posted:

She got a sack of money. Something tells me she's alright.

At least until the big catastrophe that happens at the end of the next season of The Flash where she will probably die.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Golden Bee posted:

What's great about this episode is how often the juxtapose Oliver not killing someone and Diggle killing dozens of people.
Also, I love the Senator's plan.
1.build the hospital in the Soviet bloc
2.get captured
3. Talk my way free
4. Ride that hostage negotiator love all the way to the White House!

If the GOP is to reclaim the White House after embracing all the crazies these past eight years they are going to have to take some drastic steps.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

TLG James posted:

He could just put merlyn in charge.

I got a feeling that that's is Merlyn's endgame actually.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I know a lot of people havn't been too hot about this season, but at least Ollie has finally stuck his arrow in Felicity's quiver.

Yes, I've been saving that one for three seasons now.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Aphrodite posted:

Yes.

Damien Dark is his production codename. I hope it doesn't stay, it's dumb.

It is staying. I'm pretty sure Ras even dropped his name last episode.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Whizbang posted:

As an American, I'm pretty sure he has a British accent.

I thought he was German.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

bobkatt013 posted:

Get the entire family. Lance or River first?

Well Lance obviously. Then He's going to get with her in season 5 where a flashback reveals that everything that has happened was part of a big complicated plan by Ollie to sleep with every member of the Lance family as a bet to Tommy who turns out to be alive.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 19, 2015

• Locked thread