Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Widestancer posted:

All I have is CK2, but I enjoyed it a lot. Recommend me some more titles?

eu4 is really win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i'm on a hansa game where i colonized the united states and central america and now i just formed germany and im pretty much top fucker on the world

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

vicky 2 is good too but it crashes all the time on le mine desktop... when is paradox releasing 3????

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

mapgame is the stupidest and most loving broad rear end thing ive ever loving heard

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

suck my cock, friend of the family!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Famous TV Dad posted:

the only map game i have played is CK2 but its really fun. i want to play a game like ck2 but based on a completely fictional setting.

there are mods for that, you idiot

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Wormskull posted:

The first rule of mapgames is don't play the tutorial although the HoI3 one is kinda funny.

Playing as adolf Hitler ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What's a good game to do in EU4 after I get this 5 colonies chieve.

westernized iroquouis

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

i did a venice game where i carved through egypt to india. if you have res publica you put a trade post in every trade center province and then in india you grab all the trade provinces and protectorate everyone else and you get insane income because trade power of republics increases goods produced so all you have to do is be strong in an area and your protectorates will generate bonus goods

did the same with hansa -> germany

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

trade companies do the same but i dont think it stacks with the merchant republic good bonus?. you would still want to make trade companies for bonus merchants

i remember controlling 60% of hangzhou trade with just macau and another province lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

it's a res publica thing. you click the province and there's a weird house building. you have to be a merchant republic though (maybe dutch republic as well?). but it's about the equivalent in trade power of a major river iirc? more maybe? i know it isnt as good as a major center of trade but you can put it ON a major center of trade and then build all your trade buildings there and congrats. now you have a single province with more power than every province in southern china combined

p much this. also it only costs like 50 dip to form a trade post

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

muscovy-russia on eu4 is p epic but if you want harder mode go novgorod-russia

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

anime gently caress pillow posted:

Novgorod russia is actually easier overall due to the plutocracy idea group.

probably but at the start you have to fend off muscovy and their vassals and muscovy is a "lucky" nation...

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

House of orange stronk.

also getting a lot of powerful trade companies gets you absurd cash specially with posts and level 7 trade buildings

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

they fixed a lot of hte poo poo on rome 2

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i heard they're making hearts of iron 4, hype for a new hitler tutorial

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the new hindu mechanics look good cool too. you get a kickass bonus once per monarch by making a deity your personal patron. also sikh looks rad as hell but it only appears at lategame iirc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i wanna make a sikh punjab-hindustan playthrough now or go easymode and form hindustan as vijyanaghar starting 1444

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Parallax Scroll posted:

i don't care about this dumb realtime battle bullshit. can i disable that and just do the map part?

you can autobattle and poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

This is sparta!!!! *kicks the fucktarded op into a well

knuc aint fucktarded

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's so insanely bullshit they made a whole ex pack for the new world and literally did not bother touching central/south america.

i guess its bc it would conflict with people who imported sunset invasion but still, loving bullshit

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

they're doing it in the next expansion (comes out on the 30th)

really? link???

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

PleasingFungus posted:

having trouble finding the dev diary

e: yeah idk if it's been a dev diary or just in streams. also no idea if they've changed the mechanics/tech group to be less awful. seems like they're at least putting some thought into it, tho, which is nice

cool. gooniversalis and other mods made more divided central america and unique poo poo so its good to see it applied to south and central

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the games eu4 thread....

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

Is there a mod for maybe CK2 or whatever to play as the roman republic? Fighting the punic wars etc.

dunno about ck but there are some eu4 roman mods out there

also europa universalis rome but it's p loving poo poo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Mauretaneia.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

im not gonna lie i was pretty miffed when i found out the new dlc was loving charlemange. like, yeah, that's cool, but can you please fix all this other poo poo first? if the country isn't catholic or norse it's religon mechanics are super loving boring. my favorite lovely pagan religion is west african because it doesnt actually have anything good about it. it's just -relations and a bunch of poo poo you can't do for no real reason. also zorastorians and jews are both just Catholics But You Get Pwnd By Muslims

at least zoroastrian lets you marry your sister for opinion lol

also saoshyant/descendant is a cool buff but why the gently caress you dont get the same for your dynasty when you rebuild the third temple

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

:shrug: the jews are really badly thought out in general. i love that the jewish courtiers you get always hate the gently caress out of you because they are a different religion and culture. so even though you do the honor of allowing them to actually serve on your court they loving hate you and plot against you. the jews suck rear end, bad.

they still get you that sweet rear end event that gives bonus tech points tho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"its cool boss i'll ask my cousin to do some industrial espionage and get you some sweet tech" - a good jew

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lol one of the cheevos references this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DICKHEAD posted:

Charlehame

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

charletane

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i tried a saxon playthrough but got stomped by charley after 15 years

tribal mechanics are interesting tho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

i'm trying to make the republic of lithuania except that tribals cant upgrade if they are unreformed pagans. and two of the romuvan holy sites dont even loving exist in the charle start. is there a way to add them with the console? because they both are supposed to exist in my territory. i could literally subjugate pomerania and have enough moral authority right there to reform.

convert to christianism bc romuva loving sucks lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Convert to Islam, for lulz related reasons.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i wanna try the muslim viking cheevo too one of these days

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Cripes I just got loving owned. France was green tick to come to war wit hme, but when I declared their defender of catholic faith title trumped and they came to war on enemies' side. loving BULLSHIT.

to be fair defender of faith is p much guaranteed to war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

rip