Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i played march of the eagles it has some ideas paradox should probably shamelessly steal but it feels a little sparse

also a bit too railroady from what ive seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im still mad as balls hoi4 got delayed

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so was ck2+ made before or after wiz became a friend of the family

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

He was always a fag

I honestly played his vicky 1 scenario more than the actual base game. It was a lot of fun.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

are the dumb possible friend of the family paradox forum guys ever going to bring back the vicky 2 mod forum?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I tried out the apocalypse mod for vicky 2.

It's appropriately named :rip:.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jul 8, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

:rip: europe

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I'm gonna try this thread poster DICKHEAD's vicky 2 mod that balkanizes the entire earth

it runs really slow for me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

yeah the original vicky was my favorite paradox game after they patched it to oblivion back in the day but I remember 2 being underwhelming when it was released. did you ever play the first vicky plutonis? how does it compare to the original?

vicky 2 doesn't have pop micromanagement like 1, being able to upgrade your rgos, instant reinforcements at the cost of morale, you can now pick any available tech to research instead of that weird random nonsense, there's no choice to make between Jovian and Clausewitz thought, there's no 1914 or 1880 scenario, no tech-trading, and uncivs can't research tech. On the plus side the diplomacy side of v2 is far better with the expansion packs.

Most importantly though vicky 2 doesn't have the house hohenzollern mod.

hth

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh also vicky 2 uses regiments instead of divisions for army units.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Brazil's pretty good in both vickys. You don't really have any neighboring threats so its a low-pressure introduction to the military side and it's easy to become a great power and try out colonization. The only downside is industrialization is slow because of a lack of coal or iron. There's also Japan which has no real opponents in its neighborhood but you have to deal with the civilization system which is kind of poo poo in both Victoria's but once you civilize you get to make Asia your bitch. In victoria 2 there's Sweden that can form a scandaniavan mega-state which only requires one war with denmark but it might be dicey for a new player if you have to deal with prussia too.

UK is a bad pick as it's a globe spanning empire.

e: The first time I played victoria 2 I picked them and somehow ended up in a war with brazil&united states before 1840.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 19, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Is HOI3 any good after the expansions?

no

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I've had sex.

congrats

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

believableworlds.jpg

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i dont care

i just want hoi4

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

does anyone have a good late game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i like mods that do that

but to the tech tree instead

:rip: mod34

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

HOI4 is actually shaping up to be a real monster

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i didn't get in hoi3 but hell, i'll try this one

good choice.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The only thing I didn't like is that only 7 countries have custom focus (USA,UK,Germany,Italy,France,Japan,USSR) while all the others have generic ones.

im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

If they can make something that's a better strategy game than Civ BE

that doesn't sound very difficult at all

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

but make it start in 1789

then you couldn't call it victoria

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I don't know why people say hoi2 or its descendants are complicated. It's actually disgustingly simple.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

it's more like hearts of aids 3

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

why don't they just boost vassals or something

you know the core mechanic of the game

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

at the date posted:

Victoria II is on sale. For someone who loves CK2 and EU4 to death, would Vicky be worth the time and effort to learn?

get the expansions

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You linked them to your facebook, google plus, imgur, YouTube, my anime list, tumblr, twitter, post history and your family photo album? Nice.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

does the voter loyalty nf in vicky 2 actually loving do anything

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

Civilization: Beyond Earth :troll:

mods?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Yolomancer posted:

The new expansion sucks donkey dick and Paradox need to stop putting in needless busy work that only serves to force you to Slow Down And Enjoy the Content, ala Blizzard.

BBJoey posted:

eu4 has entered the ck2 phase of its lifecycle, and is now bad.

what happened??

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

So is Europa Universalis good or bad.

it wont matter in the post hoi4 world

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

I dont care about tanks and war and that kind of crap. I want to levy salt taxes and stuff like that

you can still build dragoons and demand tropical plants from people

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i think about tht insane homo who tried callng me out for saying that ftl isn't real and lol sometims

e in the games thread

its real its in my steam library

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Average Bear posted:

I thought stellaris came out because the games thread has over 100 pages.

it's very reminiscent of spore

edit: I'd say worryingly so but I didn't preorder it

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my favorite part about this is johan ignores all the people asking "why?"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

In Training posted:

I like the calmness of peace time, just watching your coffers grow as the years tick by in the blink of an eye

i'm always on the verge of financial crisis and this is after realizing trade dispute cbs aren't useless like the repay debt ones in v2

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

games doesn't really care about hoi4 all that much which gives me hope

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

1820something iirc

real pros mod it to 1836 so they can get full immersion with the Victoria 2 save-game converter

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

despite being a critical part of paradox's turn away from event based Gameplay to dynamic systems Vctoria 2 doesn't really have all that much variety. Like the first twenty or so years of every campaign always plays out the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

we should do an imp zone multiplayer game sometime