Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

TF2 question: why does Star sounds like Diabeetus ??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Did someone say Jarate Bushwacker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt7jWRobVsc

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I got my lil' angel Scout a scattergun that glows golden yellow and exorcises demons.

This is my absolute favorite item combination

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Too spooky, for me.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Someone trade me the skeleton demo head for my really bad Halloween hats

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

When the big head spell hour starts all the minisentries people drop kill like half the team before they can move. Spooky.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

xzzy posted:

In a typical oversight, Valve allowed sentries to remain up when melee mode is triggered ruining it for everyone.

I quoted this post, but deleted everything after "In a typical oversight, Valve allowed sentries"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I wish the map was Sawmill. Or Granary.
Or a koth version of Lumberyard. Remember Lumberyard

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The Halloween/carnivalization of the map is pretty weak too, but I guess most of them outside of Mann Manor are, and that was a special case. I did laugh at "THE MISSING LINK BETWEEN MAN AND CHILD" though

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I achievement managed my second cauldron and got the demo robot eye, the medic Jawa costume, and a strange haunted ghost man. Much better second haul, except I already have my Dead Little Buddy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Also I bought a crate and got a Monoculus strangifier. Are these worth anything yet ??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

If you have a Hallowe'en item equipped you should be able to see other people's Hallowe'en items like Pyroland. Also add the Rose Tinted Glasses that stop all cosmetics from rendering. Also make all non-achievement items reskins of stock weapons. These are my demands

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

If anyone is still struggling with the achievements you can use the Steam Achievement Manager to unlock them and get your second cauldron + hammer :angel:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Um excuse me I am extremely honorable and holy, as indicated by the Cheater's Lament I was eventually awarded despite losing my first two hats for idling externally. There is no dishonor in SAM

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Otacon posted:

I'm not even sure how a non-doomsday Special Delivery map would work. And http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/cats/7406 doesn't give me much hope, either!

I checked out sd_badwater and Badwater without the cart track is like stumbling through a familiar place in a nightmare

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

What if sd_doomsday was koth_doomsday with the spire from Badlands

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The conclusion we can reach is Badlands is the Best Map. I yearn for cp_badlands_event with just the spooky ghosts and maybe curses. And then imagine, cp_badlands_xmas. This is living

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

If your entire team went Sniper you could headshot all of them before they could even get close. A Sniper nerf has been a long time coming, frankly .........

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

I think we all know what 90% of the submissions will be

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

CoolCab posted:

How safe is Steam Achievement Manager, is there a safest way of using it (eg in game, in a server, what?)? I'll never get that ugly halo thanks to the first time I used it.

e: also why do the karts handle SO BAD. I want a handbreak so badly.

There's no reason to worry. I'm almost positive it doesn't hook into the hl2.exe at all which is what VAC bans look for.

Also not getting the hat was from using Drunken Fool's exe that idled in a command prompt. I didn't get one either (and then lost my Miner's Light and Respectless Rubber Glove :( ) but in the Mannconomy update they ended up giving it to everyone for some reason and I got one then

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Oh my gosh are they releasing the Alive Ringer

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Conversely I find Solider insanely easier than Demo. I just feel more in control and that I can react quicker with the rocket launcher

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

qnqnx posted:

Alternatively, remove the Medic

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I equipped my Demo with one of these bugged combos and now the game crashes whenever I try to play demo or open his loadout. :(

Not sure if there's a way to edit loadout slots in a file or if I have to delete one of my demo items.

Have you tried asking God to forgive your horrible cheater sins

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The Dead Ringer should be the Spy's stock watch because it owns bones

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

It looks like a dingdong

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Find out who's good in your team (probably the soldier or demo) and heal them exclusively. If it's Christmas Day maybe toss out a few heals to snipers and pyros when they come limping up

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

The syringe gun isn't bad, using it is bad, because every second you're using it is a second you're not healing

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Medic holds a special place in my heart as the first class I played back in 2007, when I was a scant 16 years of age and unaware that this game would snatch 3000 hours of my life from me. Everything in the game felt bold and polished. To go back to those halcyon days in Gravelpit...

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

You can tell when a heavy's been playing for a long time because they'll jump around corners and rev up in midair. Now they move faster revved up than spun down

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Add

code:
bind w "say Winners don't use drugs; +forward"
bind a "say Winners don't use drugs; +left"
bind s "say Winners don't use drugs; +backward"
bind d "say Winners don't use drugs; +right"

I probably messed this up, I haven't looked at binds in a while

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Actual good use for binds: there's a set of binds that makes you immediately move in a direction you push while still holding down another direction key (so pressing left will move you left if you're still holding down right) where normally you would freeze in place as they cancel each other out I think ??

I also use a medic bind that immediately takes out the medigun and ubers when I press mouse2, for when I don't have the medigun out for whatever reason

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Oh yeah you can also set up Medic Radar that will lower the threshold for teammate's "heal me" pings while the button is pressed

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Let's be honest here, probably 90% of your Market Gardener kills

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

No sound replacement loss hits harder than the bullet bill firing/reload sound. Rest easy, sweet prince

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Tollymain posted:

you know, i was under the ignorant impression that MGS was a vaguely serious videogame series but not anymore :allears:

What a knucklehead

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Jippa posted:

"If ya didn't want me to kill ya, ya should of said some thing"

I've only really just started playing scout a lot in the last few months after getting a new computer. That is the first time I've heard that line? TF2's voice shouts (what ever you call them) are still the best after all these years of play, far more rewarding than some flashy medal or achievement popping up on screen.

That line just made me laugh, I'd love to know what triggered it.

If you want to take out the joy and surprise, you can methodically go through and listen to each one here

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

LogisticEarth posted:

A good engineer is only second to a good medic when it comes to multiplying the force of the rest of the team. Good engies keep their teles up, their dispensers in a good spot, and their sentries in a spot that will either cut off flanking routes, act as a speed bump, and/or keep their tele/dispenser protected*. Unfortunately most pubbies instead see it as a class that has some uber-powerful fixed-position gun and use that to try and get kills.

*This is why I'm hardly ever rolling with the Gunslinger because minis are poo poo at keeping your other stuff alive. The only time I use them is when I'm actively trying to be a distracting rear end in a top hat.

A good Engineer is a dead Engineer. Cheers mate

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

TF2 isn't meant for you anymore, it's meant for the people you're kicking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Theta Zero posted:

Does anybody remember the Golden Wrenches? How if you crafted items at the right time, you would get one? And somebody somehow hacked the very first Golden Wrench, and was VAC banned for it?

The wrenches drop on an easily determined schedule, Drunken Fool (the guy who made the item idler + tf2items.com) figured it out and told some people who were able to craft exactly when they needed to

• Locked thread