Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

IronicDongz posted:

As always, I will recommend not doing things you don't want to do in a videogame

You don't understand.
I MUST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SaviourX posted:

So is this still a broken mess with AB+, or worth getting on the steam sale?

Broken, no not at all. There are some items that can be run killers or are ineffectual.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've been chipping away at Keeper.
My last run has Mutant Spider, Lost Contact and the loving KEEPERS HEAD.

I still lost just before Mom. Why does this character make me bad at this game? I have way better runs with Lost.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I still restart spam if I'm getting frustrated but lately I've been commiting to "bad" runs.
I'll give them credit: If you are skilled and can tough out a bad start, almost all games are winnable fairly easily.

Not Brimstone/Epic Fetus easy but not too bad.

Lately I seem to always get Tech X or The Pencil. Friggin love those two.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ludovico + Rainbow Worm + Fruit Cake.
I had no idea what was going on and something completely random killed me, oh well.

I got Syntax Error (?) that gave me 20/20, Mr. Fetus, Pyromaniac, Soy Milk, with flaming/poison/prize bombs.
Every single room was carpeted with items.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Daddy Long Legs is one of those items where, if I get it early on, I'll do whatever I can to salvage and beat that run.

If I also get Gnawed Leaf, I go watch a movie while winning.

Cut n' Run is the ABSOLUTE best item for Greed mode. loving come at me!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BreakAtmo posted:

Agreed though Brown Nugget is hilarious and a big help.

I take it back, Sprinkler is the best Greed item. I once got it first round and a lot of the battery items. I got up to 10 of them in one round.

A friend told me he was very proud of having 5 followers in one round.

He is like a dumb, little baby to me

Just kidding but that run made me trip over all my followers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jibo posted:

Did they ever make it so you can restart with a controller on the PC version? I would probably restart more often if I didn't need to get my keyboard for it.

No and you can't on the consoles for the same reason.
It's the dumbest thing and is keeping me from buying the Switch version.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Surprise T Rex posted:

Picked this up for PS4 ages ago, not long gotten AB+, is there anything I should be rushing to unlock? I've basically only got the Cathedral and Sheol unlocked so far, haven't killed Isaac or Satan much yet.

Probably but I'd say just try to get as far as possible with every character you unlock.
You'll naturally unlock loads of stuff just through repetition.

Don't worry too much about optimal unlocks/runs. You'll come across broken runs on your own and it's more fun if you aren't mass-restarting the RNG.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The new character looks appealing but the only way for me to kill the first boss is as Azazel but he doesn't start with a bomb.

Still it is a 75% success rate for getting the handle. I'm going to count on getting Pyromaniac or Host Hat in order to finish the challenge. I'm just not good enough anymore.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

AAAAHHHHH!
Trying to unlock Forgotten, I was playong as Isaac and restarting over and over with the D6 trying to make my first item Host Hat or Pyromaniac.
TWICE I saw Host Hat but accidentally rerolled it.

After about 20 minutes of this process I almost gave up until I got Pyro and the only room with an enemy had one Plop and the boss was Pin.
Super easy get!

Forgotten rules. I'm having a lot of fun with him.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Can you earn anything on a victory lap?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DontMockMySmock posted:

So I'm a bit frustrated right now because the latest update introduced a bunch of achievements that I've definitely already done ten times over but hasn't given me credit for. Right now I need to pick up the blood clot at most 9 more times and rubber cement at most 4 more times, sleep in beds at most 8 more times, and kill myself with ipecac. These are achievements which would introduce items organically as I accomplished completion marks and stuff, if the achievements had existed from when I started this game. But now I'm just sitting here wondering how the gently caress to grind out blood clot 9 loving times, jesus gently caress.

(also wondering how do I stop caring about whether or not I have 100% completion in this game)

Tbere is something deeply wrong with how the game flags achievements.
The latest update finally gave me 12 that I had done a LONG time ago but won't give me others.

I've stopped caring at all about getting RPG again.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

PostNouveau posted:

There's a log file that saves your seeds, but it's only for your last play session and it wipes every time you restart the game.

Almost every screenshot is just the pause screen to capture seeds.
No context, no guide and no chance of me ever going back but I donit anyway :smith:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That's wild. I skip that item because it sucks but that sort of reaction is fairly extreme.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I won't play Keeper unless it is with the swallowed penny.

gently caress Keeper.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wugga posted:

You can actually kill both phases with one Chaos card. Just run towards Phase 1 from below and throw the card upwards.

With all the extra trinkets and items characters start with, it's weird that Keeper doesn't get Swallowed Penny.

I wonder if there's a mod for that.

He does get Wooden Nickel which is okay. Just use it every time you can and then sweep the level before you move on.

However it is not really viable without a bunch of battery support.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

END CHEMTRAILS NOW posted:

Tech Zero is pretty nice if you've got something that spreads out your tears, like tammy's head, quad shot, tiny planet, the wiz, sprinkler, lachryphagy, rubber cement, etc.

Tech Zero, Wiz, Jacob's Ladder and Soymilk was one of the weirdest but also most fun runs I've had recently.
It was like firing a really weak laser rifle across a whole room.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Forgotten synergizes really well with all the laser items.
Some of them give him a laser cloak on swing or a laser tether of throw.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Switch version still doesn't have a quick restart button, right?

That's kind of a deal killer for me.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Color Printer posted:

Oh man I didn't realize Forgotten could charge his weapon to throw it, you can't do that after you pick up Chocolate Milk. It's okay though because it packs a wallop when you charge it with milk

There's a ton of stuff that chages the throw as well.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Color Printer posted:

ah yes one of the universal constants of isaac is still in play: if you have low speed and no piercing attacks, the mask of infamy is still one of the worst bosses in the entire loving game

It would be a bit better if he swallowed bombs like some of the worm bosses.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My favorite synergy thus far is with the Ludovico Technique (an item I always avoid).
The tear orb slowly homes in on enemies and you can bat it around like a skeleton tee-ball player.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Drunken Baker posted:

Just one simple fix, making it so the more money you have increases your health bar, made the keeper so much better to play with.

Even if they capped it at 4, it would go a LONG way to making him fun.

The only reason I played Keeper for so long was that the baked-in tripple shot is quite nice.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pez posted:

I just had one of those wonderfully overpowered games where I beat Hush, Mega Satan, and Delirium on Hard in one glorious run with The Forgotten. That finishes him out for me, so back to my last few unlocks with Lost and Keeper :sigh:

Whoa, same here.
I got boss rush, Hush and Delerium in one go. I think my base damage was 50 or something. I know that's not in the broken category but 50 makes short work of anything.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Grapplejack posted:

One thing I've still not really figured out is why delirium will sometimes lose almost all of his health

I think when he splits and you kill his split off piece it does a ton of damage but idk

It's a known bug that it's HP pool freaks out when trying to go between certain combos.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Same reason I won't pick up the broken remote or cursed skull.

They suck the fun out of any game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey Isaac?
What's up with this boss room?

HEY ISAAC

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

kemikalkadet posted:

Maybe it only spawns if you have the keys or a flight method? I don't know if the game can check for that. I had a hanged man card so I just used that.

I haven't come across a room I had to wait for the doors to open in a long while.

What pisses me off is going into a tiny room and getting immediately swarmed with unavoidable damage.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

the popular kids posted:

I can't get a picture right now but what about those rooms that are full of rocks blocking any exits, but have strategically placed bombs to pick up and bomb your way through? Theoretically you could gently caress it up and not get to the exit, and that would be a run-ender.

I've never seen a room with doors completely blocked by rocks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

the popular kids posted:

https://i.redd.it/ffg6lxf699ey.png

Similar to this (not this one exactly). I've personally encountered the room and seen it on a few different Twitch streams. Now I've never gotten stuck of course because if you use the bombs they give you, then you can get through, but I guess if you were to grab a bomb and leave to use it somewhere else you are hosed.

Ohhhh yeah I've seen that. Weird. It's been a long time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

YOU JUST HAD TO GO AND SAY SOMETHING

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I beat Boss Rush, Hush and Delerium with Lost in one run.

I don't recall the exact build but it had Pyro, Epic Fetus and a hundred bomb upgrades.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

InterrupterJones posted:

I've been grinding Greed runs with Samson to get the greed machine filled up, and I swear it's jammed on the first coin three times. I hesitantly ask, is there an easier way to do this than just grinding? I've seen a few methods, but I think they've been fixed to not be so easy to obtain in the dlc.

At the very least the detailed UI will show you your jam chance percentage.
But you are probably going to have to do it on a handful of characters.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Jamesman posted:

I never got that comfortable using Lilith, and Cambion Conception isn't very nice to me. But if you can wrap your head about how you fire tears and you get lucky enough to grab a few more friends, I can see it being alright.

She's my favorite for Greed since most of the time you'll have a goddamn army following you and ahot finesse is no longer a factor.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

juggalo baby coffin posted:

after finally beating greed mode for the first time i have come to the horrifying realisation of how much work its going to be to unlock the keeper

i just want to play as cool monsters, god damnit. why must they hide the cool skeleton, the keeper, and the new demon boy behind such difficult things.

The Keeper sucks butt. Don't stress about getting it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Super No Vacancy posted:

keeper is hard but unique and not awful. bold take i’m very brave

Keeper is fine with Wooden Knickel I GUESS.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

juggalo baby coffin posted:

man this moms shovel business is a friggin nightmare.

Cheese it but restarting until your first item is Host Hat or Pyromaniac. It's cheap but less of a headache in the long run.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Super No Vacancy posted:

attention: i unlocked godhead

now when do I get to use it

Godhead is like Brimstone.
Sometimes it shows up in the regular pool but is RAAAAARE.

But if you get it, any run becomes easy mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Watching people stream Isaac is infuriating because so many of them don't know you can skip the scenes between levels.