Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

brocretin posted:

i for one welcome our new neo-whig politics

It'll be an era of good feelings for rearguard conservative guerrilla warfare against operable government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
Is there any video of Trump eating food? I imagine that he looks like a horse with peanutbutter in its mouth when he tries to eat.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

bump_fn posted:

pizza with knife and fork iirc

ah, the Costanza.

How the poo poo did this election happen? What will I tell my grandchildren and the robocubes of tomorrow?

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Zyla posted:

highly unlikely to see it outside NE

They have it all over the place, including Virginia, Tennessee, and Florida. They just sell it at a price-point that suggests it's a micro-brew and not an old garbage beer from Providence.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
No one cares what craven cowards anyone in the GOP are. They only care if they say the secret words.

We can only hope they lose track of the passwords and pee-wee ain't around to whisper them into the camera.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

south park: "nothing mattered"

I expect SP to make a brave stand against Donald Trump with biting satire in the next two weeks. They will then congratulate themselves about it immediately and feel nice and smuggy forever.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

That's a 98 degree take. Could use a fever.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Truly the American Siddharta. I look forward to riding in his diamond vehicle toward enlightenment.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Leviathan posted:

if you all can't laugh at randy in sp doing obviously misguided cooldad things because you're too obsessed with critiquing the critique of social structure then i feel sorry for you

So the non-political parts of the political satire show are funny?

That's p gud. Still rather watch old episodes of the Simpsons.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Leviathan posted:

some parts of shows are really good and some parts are bad pro tip for u

Nah, old simpsons is just great all around. Also, the show in your av is great all around too. In fact, I'll watch that instead of SP as well. I'll go watch it right now while I fart.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

This is the first world series I've watched in years.

All this cock talk has me reminded of Tristram Shandy, my favorite book, a real cock and bull story.

Get off your hobby horse and knock your wiener out of your hand.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Desumaytah posted:

Who Is Ed Balls?

Who isn't?

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

I can tell by your gifs that you're a man who gets things done.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

If Hillary had "Crooked oval office" as her name on the ballot, she'd win every electoral vote and they'd give her a few extras.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
HEre's some spec scripts and pitches I'm working on right now:

Donald Trump as Forest Gump except rich and he runs for president. He participates in major American events from the 70s-2020s and fucks everything and is a retard.

Donald Trump as Don Quixote, using his delusional superiority to battle evil. Come, enter into his imagination and see him, sallying forth into the world, building the wall, righting all wrongs. His name? Donald Trump, of Manhattan.

"Hear me now, all you borders and terrible world
You are sad and low energy
Now a man with his MAGA all bravely unfurled
Grabs on some pussy at thee."

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

they're 19 year olds with no theological training and the fact that the gospels were written in a language that isn't enlgihs is news to most of them despite it being in their articles of faith.

The gospels were written in English in 1611 by the grace of King James of the United Kingdom. Otherwise is blaspheme and popery and you will be ducked for it in the rivers like a common cuckold.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Schnorkles posted:

weird part about this is that the mormons are totally okay with the complex bible written in lots of languages by lots of authors all over the place. it's in the founding doctrinal statements by joseph smieth. same with a lot of evolution and such. It's just the pathway the religion has taken from especially Joseph Fielding Smith to current that creates this really weird anti-intellectualism

It's called a mystery. If it wasn't a mystery, then why would man have created Sherlock Holmes? Checkmate Atheists.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Like, I used to think the Bushes were all hosed up but even sword of chang Jeb seems like a perfectly normal human being next to Trump. What a psycho

Trump is a strict Hindu and believe in Sati for widows.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

rawrr posted:

The word cocksure triggers me because I asked a girl out in middle school and she turned me down. I asked her why and she told me I was too cocksure

In for a cock penny, in for a cock pound.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Jazerus posted:

uh excuse me donald trump is american

he is from neither india nor hindu

I've seen no death certificate from his previous life. Ergo he must be a Hindu reborn to suffer as DJT. QED, AMGD

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Still the most baffling part of it all to me so far. is it just they both like tacky gold poo poo?

a real chump posted:

hindus hate muslims mate

This. If anyone hate Muslims it's Hindus. Don't let Gandhi fool ya, he's a trickster playing goofs on your senses

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Fidel Castronaut posted:

good idea to keep in mind that there are like ten hindu people who are like "WOO TRUMP!" and like 99.999% of hindus are like "nah, i'm good."

Don't sleep on the Arya Samaj and the Brahma Samaj. Their historical influence is currently waxing in India. They don't care for syncretism, Muslims, or Gandhi.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

nooneofconsequence posted:

what's Trump done that's improved his projections so much

Pence crashed into the goodyear blimp and it read ice cube's a pimp.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Sinteres posted:

I kind of think this thinly sourced poo poo today is an indication that they're out of ammo, not that they're building to something. Wilson was promising the world by the end of last week too.

In the midst of effort and laughter, the only true gimmick is the sincere man.

So shines the bad deed in the beery pearl. So shines the bad deed in the beery pearl.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
If you drink curdled baileys are you day or night krew? What if you live in New Guinea?

Do you think that when Trump tells Melania to touch his wiener that she thinks he's talking about Tony and she should roleplay as Huma? And don't you know that God is Putin? the penis must be drooping and shedding his low-energy dims on the deals, which is just the coming of the 1000 years of liberal darkness, upon all the rivers, cupping the boob heaven and folding the final rigging in, and nobody, nobody knows what's going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn fags of posting poo poo, I think of Jeb Bush, I even think of Old Jeb Bush the clapping we never heard, Jeb Bush.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Jazerus posted:

reince crew

not a good place to be

Do you think Reince hates the party as much as he loves that his name rhyme with dance?

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Typo posted:

that is actually true and I didn't realize that

but jesus aubela is the worst candidate ever to barely squeak out one over screaming canteloupe

If anything this election proves the opposite. Candidates don't matter at all. Even party platforms only matter in the most nebulous way. If only we had a legislature willing to govern, we'd have a functioning democracy.

Edit: Oh, nvrmnd you're a gimmick or a troll.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Typo posted:

Candidates do matter, Tim Kaine would prob be auto +7.5 vs Trump, all that needed to happen was for the candidate not to have massive scandals all over the place

Go to USPol if you want to argue about counterfactuals. If Kaine could have won the primary he should have won. He didn't. If Jesus returned yesterday and voted Democrat, maybe that would change the election too. But who gives a poo poo?

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
I lived in Broward once long ago. Would love it if Trumpists banned those old anti-Castro idiots from voting because they're too brown while their whitey-white English-speaking ninos vote for Abuela.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Sinteres posted:

Isn't Lacanianism all bullshit because it's based on Freudianism though? Like it makes for some interesting conversation, but is there any basis in reality?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooooooo.

IF you want to find the answer for yourself, go to graduate school (don't go to graduate school).

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
In a certain corner of Manhattan, the building name of which I do not care to remember, there lived one of those rich assholes, who adorn their walls with gold lame and naked paintings of trophy wives, and ride forth on giant planes with their names on it. 100% of his taxes were scarce sufficient to afford a KFC value meal, which would be eaten with a fork and knife, or a taco bowl, or a quarter pounder with cheese. The majority of his revenue was consumed in the purchase of....

Our rich rear end in a top hat, who bordered on 80, was of the best Temperament, extremely not-nasty....

The poor gentleman lost his senses in poring over the meaning of his own word salad...

His name? Don Trump de Manhattan.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
And I walked in and sat down and they gave me a piece of paper, said, "Kid, vote in that booth at the end" And I went up there, I said, "Ballot,I want to kill. I mean, I wanna, I wanna kill. Kill. I wanna, I wanna see, I wanna see blood and gore and guts and veins in my teeth. Eat dead burnt bodies. I mean kill, Kill, KILL, KILL." And I started jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL," and the poll watchers started jumping up and down with me and we was all jumping up and down yelling, "KILL, KILL." And the Trump voter came over, pinned a medal on me, sent me down the hall, said, "You're our boy."

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
"Ah," I can hear you say, "so it was a build-up to bore us with his fake oppo dump. He only wanted us to give him clicks!" But only partially true: Being on twitter and without substance, a disembodied voice, as it were, what else could I do? What else but try to tell you that Russian hookers were taking Trump dingus when your eyes were reading emails? And it is this which frightens me:

Who knows but that, on the social media, I shitpost for you?

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Too much Dr Dre, Rudy.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
So did the Trump campaign get 40% of the with 50% of the money of the expected campaign spending? If so, will future presidents be expected to spend less? Or is campaign spending a logarithmic thing?

It's loving crazy that 40% of the electorate will vote for this guy and they didn't even get the bucks into GOTV. Granted T Rumples got plenty of free ads, but is all press good? I stink not.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016
But does that mean you could get 51% with an extra 11% of spending?

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

theflyingexecutive posted:

huh it's almost like 40% of the electorate isn't enough to win an election

Does it make spenders rethink how much they spend or how they spend it? POLITICAL NATURAL PHILOSOPHERS PLEASE REPORT

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Who is this Congress person people keep talkign about? I don't follow politics.

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

Jokereal opinion: I think they should imprison every single president after they serve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themagicalgoat
Oct 5, 2016

SpaceGoku posted:

he's received over a billion dollars in equivalent advertising value from the time dedicated to him on the major news networks

still going to get about 40% of the vote

So all noose is good noose?

• Locked thread