Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
It's fine lol. It's an utterly marginal difference. I started watching the anime a few weeks ago, ran out of episodes and got caught up on the manga in the last few days, and I was pretty surprised the arcs were switched around at all. It's not something you notice unless you already read the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Why are all the civilians standing outside in the rain just when they happen to be bringing deku back?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Jen X posted:

He needs a bath first

He's had a continuous shower for the past what, 5 chapters?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Todoroki's (and the rest of his family's) relationship with endeavor is interesting at least, even if he himself is not.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Retcon the outcome of uraraka and bakugo's fight.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Like all good villains, Stain has a point. That doesn't mean his actions or views are necessarily reasonable or proportionate, but they're born from a basic observation of the world that is pretty obviously correct.

And it can't just be pedantry, otherwise the world wouldn't simply categorise quirk-based criminality as Villainy and use it as a reason to not address a single thing wrong with society, the entire League of Villains being the perfect example.

He's not a good villain, because his point is "people should work for free, actually", which isn't a very good point imo.

The main problem with MHA is that it has no good villains. Except for Gentle Criminal and La Brava.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Flesnolk posted:

Doesn't All Might's money come from merchandising and stuff? He's not exactly saying fork over a million yen or he'll let the bus full of orphans fall off the cliff

Heroes get paid based on the number of orphans they save, and all might saved the most orphans.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Please just draw Mirko beating up bad guys for 10 volumes. No dialogue whatsoever.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Deku the Hedgehog

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

christmas boots posted:

Time skip so he can draw Ochako as a buff woman

Gunhead MMA.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
This manga has turned into two 8 year old boys in the playground going "i shot u ur dead" "nuh uh i dodged regenerated". Captain America's quirk is simply this taken to its logical conclusion. Should've been called Calvinball, not New Order.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Maybe new order has a sort of built in rule that states that the user cannot be stronger than all might or something because that's what S&S believes.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Brandfarlig posted:

It also doesn't help that both AFO and Shiggy became way worse after merging. So now we have 1 mediocre villain instead of 2 fun ones.

Neither of them were fun tho, so no big loss.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Is this whole game just QTEs?

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Imo, the better solution would have been to not make shigaraki a country/world threatening power in the first place.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
MHA peaked in the school festival arc, which featured the only good villains in the series. It's been steadily trending downwards in quality since then, and at this point I'm just going to say it:

More like My Hero Hackademia :smuggo:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
AFO has the best blackmail material possible: Hagakure's baby photos.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

they won't kiss; the sequel series will show Deku married to Hatsume

Weird way to spell Bakugo, but ok.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Deku's mother's quirk probably could be very strong for hero work, if she actually worked on it. It's just that, like most people, she's not interested in fighting baddies for a living.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Just wait until Bakugo discovers Samyang Hot Chicken 2x Spicy instant ramen.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
How, indeed.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

FireWorksWell posted:

Mineta will die

God I hope you're right.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
AFO kills Deku and Mirko takes over as protagonist.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

CuwiKhons posted:

That scene in Todoroki's room did feel weird. "I don't know my brother at all [since he's a psychopath that hates me for existing]." "Idk he probably likes udon or something." "I wish I could share a bowl with him then." Just... what? What is this conversation? Iida is the only one who makes sense and all he's saying is "I'm sure it's very hard to fight a family member, even a crazy one. I too... have family."

It means he wants to get to know his brother, hth.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Rhonne posted:

I don't think Toga would have used up Twice's blood off screen like that(and also memorize the measurements of the AfO's entire army in order to clone them all).

I didn't think deku would master 5 quirks offscreen, yet here we are.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Mirko is actually a full on cyborg now and is about to eject into a different body.

Introducing a new MHA spinoff: Metal Mirko Rising: Revengeance

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

TheKingofSprings posted:

Is there a character that could possibly defeat - even TOUCH Shigaraki Tomura? Keep in mind I’m talking about Shigaraki Tomura with All For One, infinite regeneration, magic hands, his own personal headmate, and the world’s deadliest high-fives.

Goku

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Finally, MHA is good again.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Sindai posted:

Going to be very disappointed if this setup doesn't soon result in a thousand Togas turning on each other when they all try to stab Deku at once.

Gonna be very disappointed if this setup doesn't result in Deku and Toga dating

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
For most of MHA, it was naruto, but with most of the problems fixed. Now it's still naruto, but with exactly the same issues naruto's latter half had.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Ah, Ochako will be the one to date Toga after all.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I think there was a point where I liked Toga, but that feeling has since passed.

She's fine. She and Dabi are the only villains who make any sense at this point tbh.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
That sounds both really dumb and really unlikely.
Goons continue to impress me with their ability to come up with plots even worse than what is actually going to happen.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I mean, manga is a really bad medium for fights in general, to the point where I'm genuinely puzzled as to how this genre took off. I remember trying to read Hellsing like 10 years ago and literally staring at pages for minutes without being able to work out what was supposed to be going on in them. MHA isn't as extreme, but I'll still always prefer anime for fightboys shounen.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Nephthys posted:

I don't agree that MHA 'went wrong' at all. It can be said that it's moving faster than some people like but as pointed out, it could just be that Horikoshi doesn't want this to turn into his lifes work. The series is 7 1/2 years old already afterall. The pacing may be rushed but it doesn't ruin the whole series or anything, we're still getting good stuff outta it.

The power creep is garbage, and I wish this genre would stop doing it.

Also the tonal shift from hero school to edgy war bullshit is also crap.

Mymla fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 7, 2022

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
AFO loses because shinso shows up and talks to him, AFO replies and gets mind controller because he literally doesn't even know who this rando kid is.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If MHA actually does the equivalent of letting Gai kill Madara, I'll forgive a few of its sins.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Mineta should just show up in a list of casualties somewhere in the epilogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, getting a serious but not life threatening injury is how you win fights, especially in this manga where deku won every fight he was in for the longest time by getting compound fractures in every limb.