Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Same for the Duck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

sharrrk posted:

he isn't that good

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

noirstronaut posted:

Well, I mean, he does wear shoes.

This is a common mistake, but they are actually shoe-shaped hooves.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I like Smash run. It's fun to kill baddies and get loot. I don't really care much about the final battle but it's fun to see how overpowered you can get with the powerup pickups. You don't have to like explore the whole map each run, just go around, find poo poo and enter doors if you see them.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mewtwo is found within the depths of Cerulean Cave, accessible only to powerful Trainers who have defeated the Elite Four.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Macaluso posted:

The menus really do suck. Trying to unlock Duck Hunt, I could not for the life of me figure out where Cruel Mode was (I had to look it up)

Bet you needed a map to find this thread and the reply button too

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They're clearly saving it for the Gemini Man DLC.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

Yea the more I read about them the shittier amiibos seem. The best AI in the game is gimped. There's a more challenging version that learns on the disc, but you can only activate it for one character at a time by buying $13 figurines. It's that awful kind of dlc that Nintendo was praised for avoiding until now.

I guess that's one retarded way of looking at it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think the problem you're having with Amiibo's is you have to use the same character that you're trying to teach them about otherwise they act like loving idiots. I tried training my villager using dedede and now he's trying to forward smash all the time. If yours isn't doing sick combos it's because you didn't do any.

Seriously mine can do a Mario down throw with all the up tilts and air up a's to me and will fling itself off a cliff to meteor smash me at all times.

:lol: if you think 9 AI was gimped to.

Edit: Also they don't have the little level up jingle anymore but they do keep learning past level 50.

Nintendo is keeping my difficulty settings hostage

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I won't defend the quality on some of these tho. Villager's eyes are way too drat big and apparently every single Marth Amiibo is hot garbage.

"Wh...why don't you say that to my face!" - Murth

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

A cool drat horse posted:

I think Games posters would still find ways to get bizarrely angry about them and post about it, haha...

"What, so the figurine unlocks something extra? drat it Nintendo you're keeping stuff locked from me unless I get your mandatory poo poo figurines! Oh wait you say the don't really unlock anything exclusive? They are worthless, loving Nintendooooo!"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

greatn posted:

He forgot Meta Knight is a black Kirby, and there's black Yoshi.

He also forgot

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Calico Heart posted:

If anything I wish Dr. Wily's castle had more stuff. As-is, a flat stage with the Devil is kinda lame

Yea the Mecha Dragon should show up too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Crotch posted:

Big Battlefield's pretty drat fun.

Anyone have advice for playing Ike, Samus, and/or Sheik?

(But preferably Ike.)

Use his forward air attack all day, with short hops.

His jab combo and neutral air are also good.

Fight for your friends, but don't give your enemies no sympathy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Kaubocks posted:

The shop should tell you if you already own trophies they have on sale. I think so at least. I feel like I've seen it say that but also I've only been in the shop like three times.

At least in the 3ds version, only the silhouette shows up if you don't own the trophy.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Smash Run is good though

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Monster w21 Faces posted:

My first Amiibo arrived. Very happy with the paint quality. Was a bit concerned after some of the recent pics in the wild.

Y'know it doesn't really bother me that much but in this picture it's even clearer that the face proportions are off. Eyes should be closer and the mouth+nose should be a bit higher.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The only bad part about the paper mario stage is Bowser's Castle and even that isn't that terrible, just don't stand in the Bowser head too much.

Magicant would be much, much nicer if the Flying Men didn't take all the protagonism; they should die in one or two hits and hit weakly like in the original game. I find them to be worse than the Yellow Devil. All in all there's only two or three stages in the 3ds version that I openly dislike.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I find that 3-stock takes a bit too long. 2 is more like it, for me. Maybe with a 3 or 4 min time limit.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nintendo must get in contact with Hudson Soft to bring another classic videogame character to Smash Bros. A beloved, iconic character that's fondly remembered by Nintendo and videogame fans, who is as famous as Sonic and Megaman are. I am talking, of course, about Master Higgins.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Random Stranger posted:

By Hudson Soft you mean Konami since they own all of Hudson's assets. And Takahashi Meijin/Master Higgens was already in the Smash-clone Dreammix TV World Fighters along with Simon Belmont and Optimus Prime.

It's OK, Konami can lend its own famous character, Konami Man, to Smash Brothers too.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

treat posted:

Yes, that's exactly how it went down. TBH any full grown human who buys children's games from a veritable ponzi scheme of a company probably deserves to have their toys broken.

what

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

loving incredible

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

Since people here are clearly more capable than me, I might as well ask: Any tips for playing Captain Falcon? He's my main and I'm decent with him, but I want to improve. Plus I can't do the "beat All-Star on Normal without healing" challenge, I'm too much of an aggresive idiot.

Also, any equipment choices that'd make Classic easier, as well as the All-Star Battle Events? I'm really bad with equipment, I still don't quite fully understand how good it is so I keep only going for balanced stat boosts instead of something substantial. This isn't neccesarily for Captain Falcon, any character that'd make high Classic levels slightly less of a pain would be greatly appreciated.

You have to study your opponent. Ask them to show you their moves.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

sharrrk posted:

i miss wolf

Greetings, miss wolf.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

Today I learned Bowser's side B will force sudden death when used against another Bowser

Bowser, you've caused a time paradox!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Please do not stop playing Ike.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Likewise, you have to play as Diddy Kong, because your avatar is terrible.

Careful, the GC avatar mafia is always watching.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is that a Robin only thing?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I usually have good results abusing his aerial forward attack in short hops, and also his neutral combo is very good. You have some combo options with his down throw I think. His forward smash is, sadly, incredibly hard to land but it's also one of the strongest moves in the game.

He was way worse at launch anyway, I think that first balance patch did wonders for Ike.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

same

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

sharrrk posted:

idk how many people care but i made a big post about palutena in the other thread so i thought i'd crosspost it here

Thank you for your kind words about my girlfriend Palutena, I care quite a bit.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Trent posted:

I've played Ness since he first appeared in Smash Bros and it made me go back and play Earthbound on VC even though I never played it back in the SNES days.

Am I OK now? I'm still allowed to play Smaaaaaash Bros with Ness, right?

I'll allow it, for now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Zore posted:

Also Wario. (wario sucks)

WAAAAAAAA?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rye Rat Cruise

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

LanceKing2200 posted:

So for those of you not keeping up with the APEX situation, the following happened in the last hour or so:

-Some moron opened an emergency exit, triggering a fire alarm and forcing everyone to evacuate.
-Fire department shows up, turns off the alarm, people start to come back in.
-Fire department starts looking into capacity and safety issues, calls the police.
-Police department comes in, condemns both the Smash 4 and Melee rooms for safety due to a section of collapsed parking garage caused by the snow.
-Smashers told to return to their hotel rooms until everything gets sorted out, new estimated start time at Noon.

This on top of the fact that the hotel dropped the ball on the internet hookups for the streamers so everyone is streaming on 4G setups right now. It's a mess down there.

Edit: Now the fire marshal is evaluating whether the event can even happen.

These stage hazards are out of control, Sakurai!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

They really should make a new Goemon game, imagine fighting giant robots aboard Impact in FULL 3D on the Nintendo 3DS and also have him and Ebisumaru, Yae an Sasuke in Smash. I think I'll email Sakurai about it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

MK is completely viable.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's okay, to like Diddy Kong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

I don't even like that game, but I wonder if Sakurai's head would explode if someone showed him League of Legends and the numbers that game gets

Yeah I'm sure he has never heard of that obscure game. I'll tweet him about it.

• Locked thread