Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
MIGF thinks Israel was created as the result of a 2000 year long strategy and the Palestinians should adopt a similar 'approach'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

If their cause is truly about something more than earthly hatreds and desires, it will survive the test of time.

I think we've gone full circle from moralism to faux-realism back to moralism.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

team overhead smash posted:

My suggestion, which I made in my last post too, it to attack legitimate military targets. Keep up the resistance without committing war crimes. Put military pressure on Israel while making it harder to be dismissed by the rest of the world (whose support you need to end the conflict) that you are bloodthirsty terrorists.

People made the same arguments when Hamas in Gaza almost exclusively killed IDF soldiers.

The Insect Court posted:

Jews? I'm talking about Israelis. Do you not understand the difference? Do you know not every Jewish person is also an Israeli? Please don't conflate the two needlessly. It can be a pretty ugly sentiment, although I'm not accusing you of having sinister motives in conflating Jews as a whole with Israelis, I'm just saying you should engage in a little self-reflection since your mind went there so quickly.

The funny thing about Israel is that it has constantly tried to conflate the Israeli identity with the Jewish identity, to the point where MKs are saying that criticizing the PM of Israel is anti-semitic because the PM of Israel represents Jews worldwide. Also, this is a state where you cannot just claim Israeli nationality, you have to claim Jewish nationality. Israel is a very hosed up kind of state that seems set up to try to conflate all criticism of its policies with anti-semitism. A Jewish State in Israel and the Levant, as it were, ideologically.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

"Survive the Shoah, get your house taken over by the Soviets and lose everything? Quit colonizing, that land with safety isn't yours."

That's victim blaming. The post you cite lays out the political realities of the current situation, which you apparently see as victim blaming.

So, I suppose you're a pure realist, not making moral assertions.

Reminder:

My Imaginary GF posted:

If their cause is truly about something more than earthly hatreds and desires, it will survive the test of time.

You're a fraudulent realist, truly a treasonous lobbyist for Israel, actually. AIPAC, J-Street, and others are basically foreign spy agencies that bribe US politicians to serve another nation's interests. They would not be tolerated by any realist state.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
MIGF's "tough, realistic" foreign policy includes subsidizing and supporting Israel heavily because it's a "friend". Not an ally or a client, but a "friend". When he suggested that Israel was being subsidized to avoid it starting wars throughout the ME, I suggested an invasion of Israel as a logical solution to blackmail, but MIGF went on about friendship and how tough Israelis are. I also suggested other solutions, like demanding half of the seats of the Knesset if they want to continue to receive US largesse.

I conclude that if he is actually influencing US foreign policy, this country is absolute poo poo and a purge sounds like the best way forward. When you play, you play to win the game, not to give someone else the win.

BTW, MIGF, would it not be more logically consistent to provide Hamas and the PA with air defense systems to protect UNRWA schools from Israeli bombers, or better yet, to use US airpower to enforce a no-fly zone over Israel to reduce civilian casualties?

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Nov 23, 2014

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Ok, you run on that policy in America and see how well it goes. You call for purge all you want; the rest of us will work within the system to affect change through policy implementation. Your mistake is thinking the world is perfectly logical and rational and actors will work to optimize the return for their systems, rather than work within their systems to optimize their power.

Go ahead, run on your positions in America. See how far it takes you; see just how many folks agree with you. Hint: its even less than you think, you crazed nihilist. Israel works under the rules of America's political order; Palestinians do not. If they want American subsidies, they are free to convince Americans that they deserve them. Americans view Israel as a friendly nation which has earned American support. Not many Americans view Palestine as a nation, much less want subsidies to go to Palestinians.

Crazed nihilist. No, I am here to look out for America's interests first. It would not be terribly difficult to decrease public support for Israel. It is not actually as high among the voting public as it is in DC circles where AIPAC and J-Street are basically the only voices heard. The right presentation can make any foreign policy position palatable. Just paint it as America looking out for #1, cutting cruft from the budget, not that difficult to do.

Sometimes Americans don't know what they really want, but I am the hero America needs.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 23, 2014

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I am sure you will all be relieved that the age-old tension between Jewish and Democratic is set to be resolved.

The short version is that Jewish won: if the law overwhelmingly approved by the Cabinet is also approved by the Knesset as a whole, Jewish jurisprudence will be officially cemented as a basis of Israeli law, and Arabic will be officially delisted as the country's second language. This will be a Basic Law, so Supreme Court decisions in future will have to consider it at the same level as the Human Dignity and Freedom Law, etc. (Basic Laws are the creation of a Constitution piecemeal, one law at a time)

Ah, more and more, we're seeing the Jewish State of Israel and the Levant.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Although I disagree with your imprecise use of terms, something like that. You don't enforce policies which make it easiest for the far right to win: you facilitate the victory of the left with your actions. Sometimes, that means its necessary to appease the moderates. Others, you have to give in to the conservatives. On very rare and special occasions, you live with the far right.

Clearly, Palestinian actions are not very rare, howevery, they are very 'special' occasions.

Didn't you advocate a two-thousand year plan for the Palestinian state, the way the Jews did for Israel?

For what it's worth, it seems like every policy Palestinians can adopt empowers the right. Not resisting just increases the pace of the status quo, making the right's policies seem to bring peace, while resisting obviously rallies Israelis around the flag inevitably. There is no coherent successful Palestinian strategy here to be had.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 28, 2014

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Yes, "perception of peace" is a necessity for populations to begin to elect non-far right folks. It takes time to achieve, and you need predictability with your actions.

Palestinian 'resistance' is too unpredictable in its implementation, and thus fails at its stated and unstated objectives. The coherent strategy that is successful is to accept you've lost the round, fold, and wait for the cards to be re-shuffled before joining the next round.

Ah, a 2000 year approach. Perhaps Israel just needs to be conquered by the United States so that it can be forced into appropriate policy. It seems the Israeli political system is worthless, so we need to actually take over for their own good.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Because Israel has a genuine interest in a two-state solution and respects Palestinian sovreignty. If Israel were to ever appoint an official Governor-General recognized as such, then we would know that the Israelis truly had non-security related intention.

Their behavior does not appear to match this perception, though. A more accurate perception would be that Israel would annex the occupied territories were it not for the fact that it would obligate them to make the Palestinian population citizens. Large scale action to remove the Palestinian population would draw too much heat, but a slow one would not particularly bother the world, particularly with constant distractions elsewhere in the Middle East.

Also, what negative consequences would there be for the US to expel all lobbies associated with foreign countries? They are basically entities run by foreign intelligence agencies, and the country's foreign policy would be much more effective without their influence.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

nopantsjack posted:

Do you know who in this thread is a bigger moron than MIGF?

All you loving idiots still replying to him 22 pages later.

I enjoy firing up my realpolitik. I got him to have a breakdown about how nothing I said was remotely feasible.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

:staredog: You realize "expel all lobbies associated with foreign countries" is related to historical policies of, "expel all the Jews," don't you? :staredog:

I never said anything specific. Perhaps I am concerned about Putin attempting to exercise influence in the US government. Governments must look out for themselves. My advocacy is to increase US power and influence, rather than fritter it away in service of would-be client states.

I guess if you're going to say there's a slippery slope here, I don't think you have a very good case. Running a military-industrial complex all the time is also related to Nazi policy at that level of tenuousness, but I am sure you will not oppose that.

I know the optimal plays in terms of foreign policy at least in terms of increasing US power. What about you?

Jack of Hearts posted:

Not in America. In America it's associated with expelling the French, which is a wholly American and worthwhile endeavor.

Agreed. I am more American than steak, apple pie, and Hulk Hogan all put together.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Nov 28, 2014

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

syscall girl posted:

I thought the French provided logistical support in the American Revolution?

Benjamin Franklin hosed a lot of French women to make this possible.

Blame France for contributing heavily to our failed experiment but not for failing to contribute.

American foreign policy shifted decisively away from France very quickly after the war and we never repaid the debt we accrued. It was a clever strategy for a cash-strapped country knowing that the French revolutionary government would probably not respond.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

We're in the I/P thread, discussing American-Israeli policy, and you say 'I never said anything specific'? Boy, if I was less generous of a man, would I say thats the most dogwhistle of all dogwhistles.

Foreign influence always happens. You create a system which channels that foreign influence into domestic profit and capital accumulation at a higher rate than is being spent by the foreign lobby. Simply, you co-opt foreign influence into your domestic policy agenda and use it to make some money. That's really the best you can hope for, given the alternarive policy options will eventually result in "expel all Jews." That fact is why Israel maintains its right of return.

You seem to think reducing Israeli influence in US foreign policy will result in another Holocaust. You are extemely irrational and have no grasp of strategy. The other explanation is that you are an Israeli agent and are looking to reduce the power of the United States. I am trying to be charitable here.

You seem extremely defensive about poor strategy. The United States will have plenty of money with reduced levels of foreign influence on the US government.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

If they wanted America to force Israel to stop, there are ways to do so.

Continued attacks on Israel raise that price.

I have a better plan. Put military pressure on the Israeli government until they accede to our demand to allow the US to appoint the Knesset, and then we will no longer have to worry about Netenyahu or the Israeli right wing. We can then solve the problem at our leisure. If they run to Putin or the Chinese, let them have Netenyahu. Let them pay for Israel. More money for us.

Israel needs to pay to play. They need to pay us tribute and bend the knee. Maybe in 2000 years the situation will change and they can be a superpower.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

AIPAC is a domestic lobby in America on a foreign policy issue. To label such lobbies as 'foreigners who need to be expelled' is a case of anti-semitism, even though you've much too freely accused individuals of anti-semitism in your previous posts.

Man, you start to play the moralism card awfully fast, don't you? You screech anti-semitism at every turn. There are more Jews in the US than there are in Israel. A domestic lobby with Jewish interests in mind need not shill for Israel, but it does, which indicates that it is run by foreign intelligence.

If lobbies for Israel want to be considered domestic, Israel should apply to become the 51st state. Of course, that would involve handing over control of security and foreign policy, but it's a small price to pay, no?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to enshrining support for Israel in the Constitution. There has been some talk about this in the more radical quarters of the intellectuals.

What an un-American concept.

My Imaginary GF posted:

I favor Democrats winning elections. The definition of foreign is, in my view, an elastic and nuanced concept: there are Democratic voters and donors, and there are individuals who haven't yet realized they're Democratic voters and donors. Palestinians have made clear they are neither; until they begin to realize democratic principals and self-organize within appropriate structures for that end, there is little to discuss with them.

You seem to have this idea that providing campaign contributions is equivalent to providing state treasury money, which is insane. American power will not be increased with campaign contributions. Money in the treasury is much much more important. If Israel wants Senate seats, they can join the US at the 51st state.

My Imaginary GF posted:

Like I've mentioned, true leadership is the ability to ignore your base in order to pursue policy in the state's best interest.

I agree, this is why Israel must be annexed or its influence over the US must be removed. The US's best interest is to cut Israel off from our largesse and find more willing clients.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

The US Constitution does not mention any state in particular. I see no need for Israel to be a special case. If they don't wish to, they don't have to be a state. Instead they can go and beg Putin for cash.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

computer parts posted:

It was described once as "Democratic policy analyst".

Rahm Emmanuel with a hard-on for Judaism and Israel. That may be redundant.

I rather like responding with a little Napoleon. Now that's a guy who knows how to get things done.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Nobody goes around calling the Iraqi Army the Most Moral Army in the world. That's the difference.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
More seditious elements in the US trying to unduly influence US policy away from how you do foreign policy. Hey MIGF, this is how you foreign policy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5-iJUuPWis

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I want Obama to run into Israel and spike a football on the Star of David.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Disagreeing with your view and lobbying your fellow citizens on that view is not treason. I don't see how using that language is productive; by your logic, Obama should be impeached over his weakness on Mideast policy.

So when foreign intelligence agents make campaign contributions for policies that favor other nations over the United States, that's not seditious? All other countries are rivals or clients, and only client states should be able to lobby, and any gifts should be sent to the US treasury, rather than any individual politicians.

You can't say you're loyal to the US when you lobby on behalf of a foreign country to give it influence over the US.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dead Reckoning posted:

Oh hey, it's that time in the thread where people demonstrate that they don't understand US campaign finance law. AIPAC is, on paper, funded by American donors and run by American citizens. While their activities are certainly eyebrow-raising, the last prosecution against AIPAC employees was dropped over questions about the applicability of the Espionage Act.

Thankfully, on internet forums I don't have to interpret events in a strictly legal manner.

Intelligence agencies rarely work by having nationals just go to another country. I mean, the CIA has case officers who find nationals in any given country ready to do what they want, it's not like you have James Bonds running around. Israeli intelligence services operate similarly in the US.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dead Reckoning posted:

If folks were actually concerned about corruption in US elections, they'd be posting about it in the US Politics or campaign finance reform threads, not the Israel/Palestine thread. I'm amused that some posters can't point Israel doing something without taking a whole bunch of words to explain that Israel is doing it the Very Worst it's ever been done.

Israel influences US politics with respect to its actions quite a bit. It seems reasonable, looking at how the US seems unreasonably attached to the country from any given geostrategic approach. The US is an important part of the I/P issue. It seems relevant to the thread.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Eregos posted:

Perhaps the thread can explain this to me. A common charge I hear from anti-Israel activists is that Israel deliberately targets Gaza civilians with airstrikes and shelling as part of some larger strategy to do... what exactly? I don't see any strategic sense behind it from a Machiavellian standpoint, it never really weakens support for Hamas as far as I know and it increases international sympathy for Gaza. The (also Machiavellian) idea that Israel is simply committed to degrading Hamas' capacity, regardless of the civilian cost, seems much more plausible to me.

The idea is basically to be rid of the people by forcing them out and then taking the land for yourself. There's a limit to how blatantly you can do that, so it's always done a little bit at a time and with some obfuscating crisis.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Welcome to the operational theory for understanding US-Israeli relations. Israel can't commit atrocities towards Palestine, as Israel is a firm ally of America, serving as the foremost bulwark against arab populism.

I can't help but laugh at how farcical this 'alliance' is.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

zeal posted:

Are you even pretending to advocate imperial realpolitik anymore? When a border tribe assaults your representatives you don't extract tribute from the next tribe over, you enact retribution on the source of aggression. Send a company of marines to corral and execute a fifth of Adei Ad's military-aged males and perhaps they'll think twice about throwing stones the next time agents of their ruling hegemon pass by the village. If the recalcitrant client state that backs the tribe makes a fuss, simply take hostages from among whatever members of the ruling class's extended families happen to be within easy reach. Make an example of a few dynasts' sons and daughters and they may learn the value of both loyalty and submission, and discipline their auxiliary tribes accordingly.

I'm the one who advocates imperial realpolitik. He advocates the US basically being an Israeli vassal.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Let me stop you at your first sentance: War is the lack of morality. Do not apply moral standards to warfare, for doing so only emboldens terrorists.

If a state organization engages in an action, it is to be judged under a different legal standard than action engaged in by non-state actors. Systems for conflict between states are held to a separate legal standard than systems for conflicts between non-state organizations and state actors. If a state actor does it to a non-state organization, what is lawful for the state actor may be entirely unlawful for the non-state organization and a warcrime that can only be prosecuted with immediate authorization for use of force.

You criticize state actors using the same logical framework through which you criticize non-state actors. This cannot be done, and only emboldens terrorism. While general principals may be applied to state on state conflict, context must be considered for state on non-state action.

Hezbollah engaged in warcrimes at Qara and provoked shelling of non-combatants by Israel. Israel has committed no crime by shelling unlawful combatants and inducing collatoral damage, wheread Hezbollah has committed acts which should rightfully be tried before, and enforced by, an impartial ICC tribunal.

Human shields exist for actions of non-state organizations. Human shields do not exist for actions of state actors. Deal with it.

I propose bombing the Knesset with a JDAM to send a strong message that Israel should do exactly what we want since we're paying them. If they don't like it, nuke Tel Aviv. There are no friends. Morality doesn't come into anything between states, you just play to win the game.

Not bombing Israel is basically throwing the game. A guy like Bennett cannot be kept in line unless we show strength. If the Israelis agree to actually act like a client now, we call it an accident because the Knesset looked like an ISIS position.

As there are more Jews in the US than there are in Israel, the US is the superior Jewish state and the weaker one should subordinate itself utterly and completely. They should be making offerings to the White House of gold and kissing Obama's feet.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 6, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Its logic like yours which emboldens terrorists to cause unnecessary colateral damage. Give it up already if you wish for a just and verdant I/P peace process.

Fredrick the Great didn't defeat his enemies by surrendering to them. Napoleon Bonaparte didn't beat the Hapsburgs three times by surrendering to them. David Ben-Gurion did not defeat the Arabs by surrendering to them.

It takes bold action, toughness, a willingness to show strength to win.

My Imaginary GF posted:

You have individuals calling for bombing Israel because ~inexplicable reasons~ but is not because Jews! They swear!, and you have me, advocating for policy that is productive towards an acceptable peace process.

Sorry i'm advocating a winning strategy. I can't help it.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 6, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Issue: Arabs are not a state actor, and cannot defeat Israel through strength of arms. Any attempt at doing so will result in lawful execution of unlawful combatants.

Franc-tireurs and partisans have a proud tradition of harassing regulars. I want to call for a salute to all the fallen heroes; men with nothing more than courage and a rifle fighting the machines of war.

The funny thing about partisans is that the Nazis considered all guerrilla warfare atrocious. This is confirmed by recordings of their talks in PoW camps and their incredible reprisals against civilians. They moralized on and on about how partisan warfare(and shotguns) are inhumane.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

And here we have on display the true underpinning of I/P issues: individuals who sympathize with terrorists and embolden the continuation of terrorism.

Give it up, Panzeh. Quit advocating for Palestinian death.

Where do you live, Panzeh? You claim to be American. Have you returned all your property to its true owners and engaged in a campaign to incite hostility against American communities?

I, like Napoleon, advocate glory for those with bravery, they will find their place in the annals of history as a brave people who fought superior odds, like Frederick the Great and of course Napoleon.

You claim to be knowledgable of politics and strategy yet claim that there is a 2000-year strategy that will result in a Palestinian state. You claim to be an American yet express opinions completely disloyal to American interests. Your opinions match up with one of an Israeli intelligence agent.

If you are just an American advocating Israeli interests, then why haven't you sold all your American possessions and moved to Israel to a country that better matches your advocacy?

Frederick would not have allowed someone in his court to advocate immediate surrender and vassalage to France or Austria, but sadly US leadership is too weak to be rid of such defeatist sentiment.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jan 6, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

I believe intra-cranial hernias are reserved for unlawful combatants undergoing enhanced detention. Of all things, I am not an unlawful combatant in the I/P thread, nor do I provide material support to designated foreign terrorist organizations, unlike some posters in this thread.

The lawful combatants are the ones laying in the fields in godforsaken places, who died fighting for their honor and that of their nations'. The laws of honor and nations give them strength. If you could see me right now, i've got this painting of Napoleon in Russia right now. Heroes, all of them.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Jack of Hearts posted:

Whoa, slow down there. Look, MIGF is either a very good troll, or just some guy off his meds.

All of the great generals in history were capable of masking their true intentions, making their enemies make more mistakes than themselves.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Volkerball posted:

Yes but some men are great generals, and some men are five dollar foot long making idiots who see a cool word on a blog somewhere and start using it like they know what it means to try and sound smart.

Well, I know i'm going to go to the subway tomorrow and ask them about counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

New Division posted:

I always thought that MIGF's shtick was not that far off how a lot of Beltway defense/foreign policy "experts" view the world. It even has something close to the right mixture of poorly thrown together buzzwords and soundbites.

If his finger is on the pulse of the US defense/foreign policy establishment, it would be hard to find someone who is worse at analysis.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

How the gently caress would that advance American interests? Again, individuals in this thread come up with "kill Jews" as a solution to terrorism in the Mid-East.

How doesn't it advance American interests? It increases American influence, gets a wayward client under control, stops us having to give money to someone who isn't doing exactly as we say.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

My Imaginary GF posted:

Will it? It'd look like the Lebanese Civil War, except with greater volumes of American direct aid and distracted Arab nations unable to provide foreign training and bases due to economic impacts of low oil.

This is what Abbas lays the framework for when he supports a bid to join ICC. This is why Palestine cannot be accepted to ICC and must withdraw its application post haste.

The 1814 campaign, fought against long odds cemented Napoleon as a military genius where he was able to inflict serious defeats on enemies thrice his size with only unenthusiastic conscripts and few cavalry.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

litany of gulps posted:

The same debates happen in other forums as well, and there are a huge number of SA readers that don't actively participate in posting.

Letting insane ideas go unchallenged is pretty much the best way to grant them legitimacy, as the insane person certainly isn't going to stop spouting them, and eventually they'll start reaching people in a way that is impossible if they are being shut down consistently and repeatedly by non-insane people. Engaging with the insane is a good way to draw out the truly unreasonable aspects of their ideologies, which are often hidden in more palatable arguments if they aren't explicitly challenged.

This is how you draw out the idea that MIGF really isn't interested in realpolitik, but instead has an extremely moralistic outlook that amounts to "whatever Israel wants.. that's right"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Dead Reckoning posted:

The problem with an insurgency that doesn't commit war crimes is that would mean things like not using human shields, separating themselves from the civilian populace, wearing a fixed sign recognizable at a distance, carrying arms openly, not misusing hospitals, schools or mosques, and limiting attacks to recognized military targets. It would be immediately stomped by the IDF. 

Those rules were written by powers to basically criminalize insurgency. In fact in many of the meetings that established the rules, the Germans, who were notorious in their hatred of franc-tireurs, did everything they could to criminalize guerrilla tactics.

It's not as though the IDF doesn't keep HQs and barracks in urban areas where they can use civilians as cover, and has actually had recorded instances of the use of human shields.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 13, 2015

• Locked thread