Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sigma posted:

Look in my eyes
What do you see?
A guy get killed on live TV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

What's his special move?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yuriy posted:

I want to see the light fade from his eyes as he realizes he done hosed up and I want to be here to watch wrestle-posters realize that CM Punk is a 36 year old washed up whiny wrestler who never main evented a Wrestlemania or won a fight
all of the wrestle posters are already making fun of him for going into mma dude

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grifter posted:

So how serious is Punk about the straight-edge thing? I could see him winning fights against some nobodies simply on the ground that he can afford way better designer gear than most.
he has like 50 tattoos and has never even taken painkillers even when he had a huge staph infection

he's really hardcore about it

alternate answer: WHAT DO MY KNUCKLES SAY

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when he said 'i hated that the rock came in and took away a top spot from actual wrestlers,' he meant 'i hated that the rock came in and took away a top spot from me, cm punk'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dexter's secret is an idiot but that doesnt mean you're not a dicklord

like seriously i have never seen you contribute anything that wasn't aggressively smug posturing over loving fake fighting.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Dec 7, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cardboard Box posted:

i don't respect him for using homophobic language
lets go homo

homo sucks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Yuriy posted:

after his podcast i'm gonna guess "crying minge"
:ironicat:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vainman posted:

He sells evangelical T-shirts and breaks Guinness records now

https://www.jesusdidnttap.com/
isnt the entire point of the bible that jesus tapped so that we wouldn't have to

he tapped for our sins

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Brock Lesnar was incredibly charismatic.
brock lesnar is charismatic until he opens his mouth

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dangersim posted:

Have you never heard the coors light speech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl_JNTCNH2k

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The best crossover is the johnny bravo/scooby doo one

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oknope posted:

Whether CM Punk gets his rear end kicked or kicks rear end, we can all honestly say that he had the balls to get in the octagon and fight. It is clear now that he has been wanting to do this for some time and he finally is. Punk goes after what he wants and that is why I will always back him 100%. Always have and always will. I would say good luck to him, but we all know who luck is for
love him or hate him, you gotta respect cm punk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

did cm punk get murdered yet

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gonna make a bold prediction: he loses, goes begging vince for one more mania payday, then fucks off to chicago for the rest of his life

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

a guy who wrestled for 15 years has bad knees? that's a scoop.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KyloWinter posted:

Someone explain to me who CM Punk is. Was he like a natty wrestler? Was he popular or something?
TL;DR:

He was a big name indy wrestler in the early 2000s. Very popular in Ring of Honor.
He got hired by WWE as a midcard guy and languished there for a couple of years, but between a hot feud with a guy named Jeff Hardy that ended with him basically accidentally winning it because Hardy got arrested IRL for drugs and consistently strong promos and matches, he got pushed to near the top of the card.
Feuded with John Cena, the biggest name in WWE (who internet fans hate because he's squeaky clean and not that great on the mic and is a decent but very safe and repetitive wrestler), for a couple of years on-and-off, culminating in him being given a live mic on air and going off on WWE's business practices and favoritism. He then won the title off Cena in Chicago, Punk's hometown in a match that was so hot the arena was literally shaking when the crowd cheered.
Instead of carrying that momentum forward to be the new top guy, he jobbed to a returning old guy and went right back to being near but not at the top of the card, then he basically walked out in frustration and found out he had an injury that could have killed him at just about any time if it wasn't treated.

general persona, both on and off air, was very sarcastic and smarmy but also making good points. Since he's vehemently straight edge irl he could also be counted on to piss clean, which is another reason it's weird WWE didn't keep him at the top.

So the internet basically wanted to side with him when he walked out, since he had a lot of legitimate grievances about how he was treated, his pay, his medical issues, etc, but between poo poo like basically cutting ties with all his old friends and deciding to kill himself in a UFC ring he comes across as kind of a jackass.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

He's also been spoiled by Cena's only desire in life to be the ultimate company man, who is willing to learn Mandarin to help WWE get into the Chinese market, Punk wouldn't do that.
punk would write a comic book about The Mandarin

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

He said a lot of disrespectful and borderline racist things about these Brazilian and Mexican guys he was matched up with, he ducked one of the best wrestlers in the game, and when he finally lost a match he called his own rematch and refused to do any promos for it so he got pulled from the biggest ppv of the year

E: wait sorry that's the wrong one
lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

there are a lot of boxing anime where people in the audience love yelling 'a CROSS-COUNTER!?' whenever one happens

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fartbong Bonersatan posted:

anime is for pedophiles

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I would hope that the past two years have included a number of test cuts just to make sure that it is possible.
he's failed at sparring and kept going, why do you think failing at test cuts would stop him

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if luke gallows and joey mercury do a run-in it'll be the greatest night in the history of our sport

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

hes more likely going to fight for his life and end it as soon as possible
i don't know much about mma but if i were in this dude's position i'd absolutely try to end the match quickly, because if i lost by tripping on my shoelaces or punk channeling all of his muay thai training to become sagat from street fighter for five seconds, my career would basically be over.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

no, isn't he a pretty big underdog?

one way to put that, yeah.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eat Bum Zen posted:

I just recently came into like a whole bunch though :(
hey, instead of betting on cm punk, please send me however much you would have bet on him, and in exchange ill email you funny things cm punk has done or said while wrestling, like that time he yelled human being for no particular reason, or that time he got really mad about a guy in a chipmunk costume

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here's what we in the business like to call an 'appetizer':

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eat Bum Zen posted:

Oh is that why every other move has that happening? I googled WWE to get an idea of what Punk's moveset was and like how hard it looked and there is quite a bit of laying about groaning and holding yourself
it's called selling. since you aren't actually getting hit, you have to make it look like you got hit, and it hurt real bad.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Alan Moore's not going to wade in while he's writing and kick gently caress out of him for substandard Drax comics.
alan moore could probably tap cm punk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they should book a ryback/cm punk fight so ryback can kill him again

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mystery Opponent posted:

Ryback nearly killed Punk with fake offense, imagine what he could do if he actually tried to hurt him
what if ryback is so bad at wrestling that he is more dangerous when he is trying not to hurt you

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he'll probably fight before donald trump gets impeached in 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

BGrifter posted:

Whatever happened to the MMA fighter with no arms and no legs? Punk could fight him.

Edit: in case anyone hasn't seen it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DOfl9PEmGws

this dude has a better strike game than punk

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mma is fake and has fake storylines only the fighters do more drugs but are slightly less racist, and sometimes a guy does a cool kick off the wall like billy lee from double dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

could jerusalem beat cm punk

• Locked thread