Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i have an office with a window that opens and i can assure you it loving owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

duTrieux. posted:

How disruptive? Fellow passengers told the Hartford Courant that the big brown pig stank up the cabin of the tiny D.C.-bound aircraft and defecated in the aisle.

Phelps watched in amusement and horror as the pig began "dropping things" in the aisle while his owner stowed her belongings. When she tied him to the armrest and tried to clean up after him, he began to howl.

lol

im sorry id be that person too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
us travel is loving so bad already no fuckin way im dealin w/ a howling pig lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Yeah, that doesn't happen here, everyone pays a security deposit because loving tenants out of it after the lease is up is grand sport here.

yeah. the only time i havent been hosed out of it was when moving to another unit the landlord owned

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
honestly the first thing you should do is take photos right before you move in

the ex and her roommates got severely hosed when new mgmt took over their building, when they moved out the landlord was all 'lol look at all this broke poo poo' and had a balance sheet of $5500 in fines, lol

they sold the building 4 months after

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

PokeJoe posted:

my last apartment got sold while i was in it and the new mgmt tried to get me to scrape a bunch of ancient paint off of some windows that they accused me of painting. said not my problem and didn't do it. they gave me my whole deposit back anyway.

weird

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Hey guys, thanks for the security deposit chat, it reminded me to check Pennsylvania law and it turns out that my landlord is holding more of my money than he's allowed to hold.

lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

My father-in-law expressed a concern that this guy might try to shoot me.

you're a hard-working american

try to throw that in his face if u get the chance ever lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Anything I get back now is less I have to take him to court for in July.

wait what?

is this after the appeal time runs out

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

i like how

lol i like how that too, sniep

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

:barf:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this also results in doctors being common targets for things like investment scams

because they have money and the idea that since they are skilled or successful at one thing, then due to the transitive property they are good at anything that they set their hand too and are deserving of future success

tiaa-cref's latest ad campaign is basically 'hey professor youre good at what you teach but for fucks sakes let us take care of your retirement planning'

i think its well done

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fabricated posted:

also they keep building "luxury" apartment buildings here for foreign students that're basically the exact same size/layout of all of the lovely apartments just with nicer furnishings and they're new for like $1200+ a month

same http://www.upperchesterliving.com

this is not what this area needs

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
eh pigeons arent really a problem here like ive seen it in nyc

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
my cousin had an apt in queens and the balcony was 6 inches of bird poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

prefect posted:

when someone talks about picante sauce, ask them if it is very picante

new york city ?!?!?!?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

this isn't even an open secret, Americans love treating each other like poo poo.

americans have to be better than their neighbor, unless their neighbor looks like them. if not, open season

carry on then posted:

lol this country treats its employees like criminals now

more like lol this country treats its citizens like criminals now

qirex posted:

I had to go to atlanta for a work thing and was creeped out by how much "the help" attitude was prevalent

idgi

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ultramiraculous posted:

uh, so people act like the (predominantly not-white) service industry employees are below them? basically pretend people itt were referring to their postmates people as "food slaves" even less ironically.

oh

the blood-boiling poo poo

some fucker was doing this at the bodega earlier i should have stuck around after my transaction (i let the employees know i was put-off from fucker as well)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

just today I noticed on the Pittsburgh subreddit that the new dog whistle phrase is "Southern Italians."

reminder when the notre dame (gently caress notre dame) mascot was a black guy the commentary was 'southern mediterranean irish'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

(he's in the navy now since the judge gave him the option)

a friend of a friend got busted with some blow and the judge was like 'do you want to go to jail or do a second tour in iraq'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sagebrush posted:

remember! if you try to fend off a police dog it's legally the same as punching a police officer in the face

someone got like 20 years for shooting a cop dog and all the dog people on facebook cried when the local news showed the dog military-style funeral

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the cop that cooked their dog over the summer got a week suspension with pay

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Bloody posted:

why are you linking to your own reddit posts

some of us don't go on reddit

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FCKGW posted:

At the time of their IPO they had a cumulative revenue of $400k and losses of $50 million.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there's a poster in here that bought soylent off kickstarter then fed it to their toddler. lmao

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beast of Bourbon posted:

in the toddler-feeding guys defense, he was drinking some and his toddler came up and was like 'what's that?" and he's like "here have a taste" and that was that, it's not like he switched his toddler's diet full time to it.

yeah lemme give this non-inspected non-regulated "food" i bought off the loving internet to my kid

in any amount

right

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Main Paineframe posted:

holy poo poo this guy is great (in a super-evil kind of way)

chahal is a predatory monster and is not great in any way

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

kalstrams posted:

what happened to kickstarter with small chips or sth like that to track your lost socks etc, btw?

it was total idiot garbage or a scam like everything else on kickstarter? hth

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

triple sulk posted:

Being single ITYOOL 2015 must own so much.

yeah i havent been single since 2008 so

my 27 yo cousins told me to get on tinder

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
necc0 why are you buying wooden loving sunglasses

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Necc0 posted:

christmas present for my sis. she likes those kinds of things

:argh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quote:

But thankfully, the tech industry has a solution to these age old problems: make founders live forever. In 2013, Google funded the creation of a new startup called Calico which aims to create life extension technology. And I expect the impact this will have on politics will be quite entertaining to watch.

what the gently caress does this even mean
what is the point shes trying to get across

other than 'heh, check out this thing that doesnt exist :smug: . should be entertaining :smug:'

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Chris Knight posted:

shanley threw a hissy fit on twitter because a reporter dared to interview her friends and coworkers for coverage lmao

gently caress you

eschaton posted:

her anger and style go a long way towards alienating current & potential allies and people who could be persuaded to her point of view, when she uses them to attack those very people as insufficiently revolutionary. it's the sort of thing that has held back many movements, and winds up doing the counter-revolutionaries' work for them.

and gently caress you

triple sulk posted:

this post sums it up well. she comes across as massively whiny and it's a huge detriment to whatever point she's trying to make

and gently caress you too

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

infernal machines posted:

no, let me tell you how these women and minorities should act if they want to be taken seriously...

three pieces of poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
"lmao, those whiny bitches should shut up and make me a sandwich!! lol." sulk, eschaton, and chris_knight, completely unironically. loving kill yourselves

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fits my needs posted:

please stop taking your depression of being dumped out on other people. thank you. :)

epic megaburns, wow!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

kill yourself idiot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

you're hosed up trash

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

triple sulk posted:

and you're an idiot so let's agree to disagree

no, seriously, you're hosed up garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

triple sulk posted:

no really graph, tell me why i'm hosed up garbage because i don't like one "tech journalist" whose only means of trying to make a point is calling every single open source contributor a piece of poo poo, all because she's mad at literally one guy who's been known to be a huge rear end in a top hat for what is probably going on two decades now. there are plenty of nice people in open source, both men and women alike. go gently caress yourself

you're a disgusting piece of poo poo, get help thanks.

• Locked thread