Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
landlords really like small animals such as rats because they know they wont do any damage but can still charge as much as they want for adeposit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

My father-in-law expressed a concern that this guy might try to shoot me.

are you sure you werent confusing concern with enthusiasm? lol!

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

u gotta admit they pushed all the right buttons. i'd almost call it witty

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I work in an office where someone complained that someone elses perfume was bothering her. I can't even imagine what vitriol dogs would bring (from cat people).

'Bloo bloo, Jim can bring his dog but I can't bring any of my 4 cats'

some people really wear offensive amounts of perfume

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
yeah an office is not a place for dogs

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
if i shared an office or a cube or something with someone who wore way too much perfume, to the point that it was giving me a headache, i'd have to do something about it but i'd try to handle it politely.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

prefect posted:

it seems like a pretty cool city where rents aren't as high and they don't have really hot summers and they're literally right next to a fjord

It's alright. Portland is much better but no jobs

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

I would probably gently caress this up.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Also, the reason you have no common social place to meet up in SV is because SV is a commercial/subburban poo poo hole that involves driving ANYWHERE and nerds are both asocial and lazy.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i like HP hovercraft, if only because i want him to make me drinks when i move back to ~the bay~

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
one of my friends got a job as an 'entrepreneur in residence' at a very well known vc firm. idk what that means but i'm thinking i should start hitching to their coattails

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

I wonder how much the "liberal arts degrees are a waste of money" and the "pursue your dream of writing cooking blogs and Egyptian hieroglyphic travel sites" spheres overlap.

having a wife who's only ambition is to operate a glorified facebook page about your kids and also cooking and other crap is like the STEM version of a traditional marriage.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
hey is confederate flag toilet paper a thing?

it could be made out of cotton

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jan 7, 2015

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Wild EEPROM posted:

climbing everest is the kind of thing you do once you've given up on life.

Usually you start with golf, then move on to riding roadbikes and wearing spandex, and then eventually you make your way to climbing everest around the time you're an early 40s washed up has-been with a couple divorces and teenaged kids who won't talk to you

i think you can either do everest or take up the selfless humanitarianism taking selfies with africans track. i think the best bet is to just do everest because if you die you're doing way more good than you ever would in africa

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Improbable Lobster posted:

lol none of those are helpful to human rights or especially the environment at all

Um one of those smart devices was a drone powered automatic toilet so that climbers could poop on everest without a) making a sherpa carry it or b) leaving it up there

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm assuming since we're discussing stock it's still food chat but i've never really loved pho because apparently i've never had good pho but holy poo poo i had some really good pho in atlanta it was loving nuts

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Subjunctive posted:

the word "stock" doesn't otherwise appear on this page, but pho is good and you deserve good pho so yay

(are you having thread-identification problems again?)

no i was on page 353 and that looks close enough to page 363 so i thought it was the last page

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Subjunctive posted:

the good news is that red hat isn't a very detail-oriented company, so :yotj:

no wonder they seem so excited about me

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

coming to the occulus lyft

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

coffeetable posted:

lol what

okay going from personal experience

here is lookin down the high street of my tiny, lovely industrial hometown

here is the high street of my v nice university city

here is the high street of my current not-quite-as-nice city

i can imagine several good explanations as to why american cities might be less keen on pedestrianisation than their european counterparts, but 'no ye olde streets' isn't one of them.

lol goddamn american cities suck so much

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

oh my god oh my god kill these people

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
actuall it's wa/rlock

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

fermun posted:

http://churchix.com/

facial recognition software for churches. why? why not!

how long until this thing starts finding images of jesus / virgin mary

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

crusader_complex posted:

they represent a special cubbyhole where youcan store your guns/drugs and a cop generally cant search inside without probable cause or a warrant.

americans love that poo poo

this is contradicted by the fact that american's seem to be very concerned with what people put in their butt

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Jonny 290 posted:

you want states rights? fine. we'll legalize and you as a state can decide if you want to gently caress around with a billion dollars a year of free tax revenue, or if you wanna just keep drinking yourself into a wifebeating, joblosing mess

State's right to party

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

thank you tyler riggs

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Tusen Takk posted:

The lambo edit was a joke because in Norwegian krone he paid almost as much for the tesla as that lambo is going for

Don't take it seriously, the dude has been fighting cancer in top of having a Norwegian sense of humour so

It sucks that it's frequently hard to tell the difference between someone being an idiot and someone being a non native English speaker

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Tusen Takk posted:

Literally the only funny thing that came out of Norway was comedians making fun of how different and goofy other Norwegians sound to each other from valley to valley, and a TV show called Dag, which is about a marriage counselor who encourages couples to divorce and live alone

Iirc if you google the most popular and funny Norwegian movie it's a clip of that famous Danish actor who was in one of the recent bond movies shooting a cow in the head because it wouldn't stop mooing.

mads mikkelson owns

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Unfortunately no one could possibly be passionate about living in vegas

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i like all good burritos

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

FCKGW posted:

nah there's still hundreds of millions of undeveloped acres of land around here there's literally no reason to not build single family housing in most of the areas.

that's how you wind up with families

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

qirex posted:

I'd consider trying to sell the fire phone one of the most challenging problems in technology

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Vlad the Retailer posted:

if it's not been posted already: yelp for people

lol i had this idea a few years ago. i even called it 'people yelp'

also:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-tech-company/

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
it's really weird every time i take my pets to the vet, any of the vet ladies refer to me as 'dad' wrt my pets. ive had to stop myself from rudely telling them i am not a pet dad.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

triple sulk posted:

embrace ur pet dadness. ladies love it

no it's weird and gross

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Space-Pope posted:

your pets probably do see you as a surrogate parent, fyi

sure but they're not indoctrinated with breeder culture so it means something different to them

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Main Paineframe posted:

dunno but they've been doing it anyway, advertising their own businesses to riders

one guy loaded his car with a bunch of jewelry and precious gems as a "moving showroom" for his jewelry business, so he could show his riders examples and try to sell them on particular pieces right there in the car

lol

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Mr Dog posted:

not everybody derives orgasmic pleasure from ingesting food

some of us do tho

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol the Yelp for people woman posted on her personal Facebook asking how to delete negative tweets from her Twitter

that cant be true

i mean i want to believe but you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
gently caress off it's an accessibility tool for people with disabilities

markdown syndrome

• Locked thread