Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Atomizer posted:

So, um, I haven't logged into tanks in awhile, and when I did just a moment ago I was greeted with this gem:

:allears:

Blaargh, WTF did you do to this dude?!? 😂

Not a god drat clue.

Real glad I did judging from that message whatever it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

BadLlama posted:

The standard B is still really good. still funny how it and the t10 took more of a beating than the obj 430 and 430u even though those russian tanks were performing better!

Isn't he beautiful?

:swoon:

amazing

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I think Sergei needs a new dacha or something, because they've been selling all the Forbidden Vehicles on the EU servers recently.

Right now they're selling the ELC Even 90, which is easily the most annoying tier 8 light tank. INSANE camo values and teeny weeny size means you can just literally sit in a bush right next to your enemies and never get spotted. Also crew compatible with French lights, but not wheeled lights.

They're ALSO selling the LT-432 which might be the best overall T8 light tank. Good camo, good gun handling, insanely low profile (the armour is essentially horizontal), everything you'd want from a light tank. Not crew compatible with Russian lights, though?

And to wrap up the trio, they're also selling the Lorraine 40t, which is still a very good auto-loader medium. Good gun handling, speedy, fun tank to play. Armour isn't great but honestly it feels more like what the Bat Chats should be like.

Again, I'm not telling anyone to spend money on this god-forsaken game, but if you want to do so, at least you can get good tanks for your money.

Now sell me the god drat Object 274a!

EVEN 90 is tech tree gold now, no getting away from it.

432 crew matches the tier X. None of the others in the light line. Gave me the excuse to not have to train a new crew when I kept the t-54 lightweight.

I bet we see the 274a around June give or take a week or two.

Gorman Thomas posted:

NA server has been dead since last night, expected to go back up Saturday 2am PST lol

We're free for another night !

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Type 59 is back in the shop.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

That price is nuts. It's still a good tank, but shouldn't be any more than the super pershing.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Three and a half marathon stages done. Can't wait to get the really lovely ones. :negative:

MariusLecter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l46nlkjj-p4

Code: GOTHEDISTANCE

for 3 day rental of the T-44-100.

AND answer the weekly question in the comments for a chance to win a T-44-100.

Cool thing. The Rental is a T-44-100 R not the normal T-44-100. It has a pipe!

McGavin posted:

Posting on the nazi page. :godwinning:

We did it, thread. We made it to the hitler page.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

That's a pole.

Nah, the crew is russian.

:sun:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

To force people to use gold ammo so they don't earn credits.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Maimgara posted:

Banished Chat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

I am in awe.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Just regarding the patch I'm a little mixed on it. Lots of stuff I like and some stuff that needs further refining.

Those new AP shells on the Type 5 150mm are pretty funny though.

I yell about the matchmaker a lot. Pointing out at all the different dumb ways it skews the match.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

And it's happening again:

I pretty much guarantee 75% of players aren't reacting positively to that loving shitshow.

There's some of this like alternate set ups that are a good idea, but just needs to be a standard feature and not a grind.

Then the field modifications are not only a crazy grind but will break this game even more. Just make prestiging with special camos or whatever. God drat it weegee.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Got another one. I was top player on the team. He was butt hurt I told him to shut up while I was carrying this round.

The round in question:

Edit: I also caught fire and almost died in order to type shut up at him. God it was worth it.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Jokes on you guys I never left!
:negative:

Target Practice posted:

Ah jeez is it really that bad

No also yes.

Oh man this tank is fun.

And bonus ranked hate mail:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

How to create great shame on both teams!

The setter tried to 1v1 brawl me and man it's so bad I easily kicked the crap out of him. The fool even desperately tried to HE me halfway through.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

At this point who knows, the whole system is so god drat convoluted. What happens to paid crews like the 5 person Girls ünd Panzer crew, when you have a total of four advisor slots? Does the fifth person just disappear into the warp? Does one of them become a crew and the rest advisors?

I'd ask WG but I won't even pretend anyone's given it a moment's thought over there.

Currently the crew becomes both commander and instructor. Instructor skills are prebaked.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

I'll tell you the plus 4 to bia and situational awareness is amazing though.

And that's 4 on top of the 10 normal levels of them.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

One thing I super don't like is that if you had a female special crew member as your commander, they just become an advisor now, and the replacement you get is just ... some dude. There's no practical way of keeping the female voice over, as far as I can see?

Also,

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-14-field-modification-ct/

They're just loving ramming the universally panned field modifications through. Again literally claiming "70% of feedback was positive". Yeah, I'm sure.

From the crews I've converted it appears to average the gender of your crew to decide whether you get a dude or lady commander.

Santa commanding all ladies gave me a female commander for example.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Hookers, cocaine, and moonbases must flow. This is the way.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Streaming this dumb marathon for a bit.

https://twitch.tv/ragebusket

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I am extremely liking the Indien-Panzer. Are the Leopards like it, but better? Or do they pull an E50 again where your fun second line snipers suddenly turn into something else at T9?

Same playstyle plus you can run around like a jerk and have more camo. Also they make the Indien feel like total garbage in comparison.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

As someone who initially went up the E50 line, I can't recommend them. The whole idea of a "brawling medium" is kinda dead in the 2021 meta, especially one with German style flat armour panels. So you can't do that, and instead you have to try to be an opportunist ambusher (which autoloaders can do so much better) or a sniper (which apparently the Leopards can do a lot better).

If you do go up the E50 tree, I'd recommend stopping at T9. The E50M is essentially the same tank, but a tier higher. I'm probably gonna sell my E50M tbh since it's not any fun at all to play.

Look at this bad opinion.

The tier 9 is the best tier for tier in the line though.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm gonna be honest: my opinion is probably just a bit soured by the E50M. I vaguely remember having a good time with the E50.

The big thing with the E50M is it's not a massive upgrade to the E 50. It's still an upgrade but a lot of that gets balanced away with the even more tier X it sees. You end up needing to be more careful than you expect.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Just a reminder that this is still ~a thing~ and the codes are good until 2/28/22: https://www.verizon.com/gaming/world-of-tanks/

And you can also double-dip if you're a FiOS *and* VZW subscriber.

Thanks from me too! Just switched to verizon for my phone and thought it was already over.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Once I had the upgraded turret I found the 9cm fine to grind out the 10,5. But I'm one of those jerks that have monster crews and use food like McGavin just mentioned...

Need to crew up the PTA again sometime.

And drat do I ever love the Leo 1.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Turmoilx posted:

just had a bug in this new mode where my turret would not turn the game thought i was still dead after respawning no ammo slots showed no reticle or repair slots.. all i could do is drive around and ram myself to death couldnt shoot or anything

Were you spectating a teammate while you were dead? I was when that happened to me. Didn't happen if I stayed staring at my corpse otherwise so far.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

They had the Captured King Tiger as part of Amazon Prime. Soon after they removed it from the monthly bonus of Prime if you had it you had a small window to purchase the tank for I believe it was 23 dollars.

It was a discount that increased the longer you had it from twitch prime. I think that $23 was the cheapest (or close to) that it could get. All I remember is I had max discount but not what the "full" price was.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

sushibandit posted:

Are the HD-textures worth the ten years it takes this piece of poo poo launcher to download a few hundred extra MB which should really only take all of 10 seconds? Or is there no real appreciable visual difference.

Because I sure would like to be able to play after work without waiting an hour and a half on patch days while the launcher sits there doing gently caress all.

The cranked visuals are fantastic. If there's one thing you have to hand weegee it's the the graphics overhaul. Also it's fairly low weight to where even a somewhat decent rig can set stuff pretty high and still get good framerates.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The matchmaker has been just a nonstop fiesta of Skoda T56s, Object 703vIIs, Skorpions and Progettos for the past week anyway so it doesn't really even feel like anything anymore. gently caress it, Defenders for every 35% winrate tomato, gently caress it.

It's happened before, it'll happen again. Might as well get in a good tier 9 or 10 and farm away.

Alternatively play those tanks and surprise people who think you're just another idiot in the swarm who just bought one.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

sauer kraut posted:

F2Pers even get one piece of bounty equipment, the end must be nigh.

They did the last couple passes too though.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

sauer kraut posted:

Mike? and CobraCom had a time limit to hire them :smith:
It was strange, but if it's any consolation the Cobra guys voice is really bad. And he came with some poo poo like mentor or jack o.a.t. that you'd wanna retrain off immediately.
He also seemed buggy to me, he wouldn't say anything for extended periods of time even if you landed multiple hits etc.

By really bad you mean Cobra Commander is the best commander in world of tanks and it's a shame there isn't a way to earn him anymore. Whoever was voicing him was having a blast.

Never had any glitches with him. He's extra hilarious in a fast firing tank too. Just constantly screaming.

But yeah, CC and Duke were with a couple twitch prime bundles. Hopefully they put a way to get them back in. Duke is really boring though. No energy and most of his lines sound like a new generic american commander if you didn't know he was supposed to be a G.I. Joe character.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

McGavin posted:

:lol::lol::lol: The updated rules and violations policy goes into effect March 23 at 10:00 ET!

Why you should care:
Minor chat violations for profanity, insults, and minor harassment result in a 1 day chat ban and each subsequent violation adds +1 day to ban time.

Be sure to report everyone for salty language like you're an 80-year-old grandma!

Oooo I have a fresh pubbie who keeps PMing insults for some round I can't remember where I shot some gold rounds. My only responses have been "lol", "Lmao", and hearts/kissy faces.

Hopefully I can keep him going for a couple more days!

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

^The playstyle thing definitely.

But also get the patriot from the bond shop if you collect enough of those. Even if it isn't really OP like it used to be the extremely low shell cost and good pen on top of the premium tank credit bonus means you will always make a bunch of creds if you are hitting anything at all.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

sauer kraut posted:

Yeah but a tier 8 heavy like that is no fun at all.
For a steady bond store money maker I'd rather look to the T-103. 3100 dpm out of a 130mm with higher standard pen than the SU-130, hard turret and gun depression. Goes 40 all days long.
Pretty much the improved Patriot.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the patriot will be easier for most people to play. Especially if they don't have other money makers.

Also that doesn't cover the part of the shells being cheap and making losses profitable.

Also you aren't the size of the birj khalifa with a tier 5 hull.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

sauer kraut posted:

The Patriot is a piece of crap without good aim & advanced stabs/rammer for tracking shots; and iron discipline in the hulldown game.
It's diabolical to recommend it in 2022, I scrapped mine at the turn in your clunker event.
I can't even remember when I last saw one, and I play a lot of prem8's.

I'm just talking about making a profit and warning about the balancing features on the TD. With the shell cost in the heavy you only have to pen half the time give or take to still make credits. You'll note the 'even on a loss' and 'low shell cost' bits being the point. It's by no means meta anymore but you'll have some field mods to fix the derp a bit in no time. If someone's familiar with any american heavies or mediums it's going to be about the same experience mid to close range. And no I'm not going to tell them to spend actual cash on it these days. Diabolical?

They're going to need to be good to not blow up in the with the 103 just the same time as the patriot in its own ways with the giant size, no camo, and the fling HE on me roof. The turret front is solid and great gun if they know how to work around that stuff though! Hell, I'm grabbing one as soon as I grind some more bonds probably.

Like was said before it's look at the different vehicles and go with what fits one's playstyle in the end, but some tanks will just math out to more credits on average.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

A lot of people don't like lights and just bum rush the enemy so they get xp for the initial spotting of the enemy and can quickly go play something else.

Also some missions are cleared by initial spotting though the campaign ones usually want you to live/do something else useful.