Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
So I love making poor decisions and actually sorta wanna grind out those missions for the WZ-111. Any of you terrible poopsockers have one yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Agrajag posted:

People still play Magic? What is this highschool lunch period all over again?

I just spent $100 on several decks of Yu-Gi-Oh cards because my friends are playing it again.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

warcrimes posted:

You're dead to me.

Better than $100 on Star Citizen :laugh:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

srb posted:

Sub-1k green is a bit weird after all these years.

I count anyone under 1200 as human garbage for the most part anyways. Student Paul being the exception :love:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Guys I promise Little Caesar's pizza is actual pizza :v:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

rossmum posted:

What? The 268 loving owns, and has actual mobility, unlike the 704.

704>268 :colbert:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Hearing all of this makes me glad I decided to quit tanks :unsmith:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Hellsau posted:

What the gently caress happened that de-chilled the ever-chill Primelaw?

Two jobs, a girlfriend, and finishing my last semester of college.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

So what is the purpose of the Caernarvon? As being a slower Centurion doesn't really seem to be much of a benefit in exchange for mildly better gun handling.

It's way better than the Centurion 1 deal with it ross. It also has more hp and I actually bounced stuff occasionally in mine. I dunno, but my Caernarvon had a noticeably higher winrate and dpg than my other tier 8 heavies.

primelaw fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Feb 8, 2015

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

TheFluff posted:

If you have an nVidia card their newer drivers come with a thing called ShadowPlay which is actually really good. Takes a shitton of diskspace if you wanna record in 1080p at best quality (I think it's like 4 GB for 15 minutes at 30 fps), but it has very little performance impact and in addition to regular recording it has a "shadow mode" where you can just press a hotkey combination to save the last X minutes of play whenever you want. Very convenient. Otherwise I concur with the other guy who recommended MSI Afterburner, it's legit.

I second this. I used to use MSI Afterburner but shadowplay is so much more convenient. Afterburner does have more options in terms of recording though.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Haven't read FTR in months open it up and find the following "Churchill Black Prince is gaining fame amongst some of the staff that plays and players too, apparently the tank is “comfortable” to drive and reliable, despite the slow speed and rather weak caliber gun, it makes it up for the superb accuracy and reload along with good armor layout".

Glad to see people are starting to figure out that the BP is the bestest tank.

It's a poo poo stain compared to the glorious Caernarvon :colbert:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

T6 was DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA all the time. It was kind of crazy and surprisingly stressful.

Playing nothing but T37s or other lights was amazing :allears:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Primelaw, one of the best battle buddies.

:unsmith:

I might return soon, I rejoined NDP just so I can get used to the game again when I get a chance. Random already pmed me about rejoining for clan wars.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

So I bought a gaming laptop so I could play computer games easily while I'm away from home. This thing runs tanks better than my desktop. :wtc: wargaming

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Hellsau posted:

And we doubted Wargaming's optimizations.

Cheers to you naysayer! This thing does have the newest i7 in it though, while my desktop still has a sandy bridge i5 2500k in it. Still, it kinda surprised me.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

I bought this laptop

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834232122

It was only $1033 when I got it though.

Valle posted:

Running the same resolution on both?

Yep! My desktop only has a stock i5 2500k though. Not sure what this thing can reach.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Valle posted:

Rightclick crewman, Personal File, and on the main screen where it lists his rank and qualification there's a CHANGE button under qualification.

HOLY CRAP

A use for all of these useless radio operators!

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

gently caress all of those steel walls :colbert:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

KonigRasnake posted:

Don't lie, they just shot your tracks. :rolleyes:

Nope

It was the AT2 shooting me

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Mauser posted:

This tank does really suck though.

Could've killed the last arty, had my sights lined up on him from 450m but I needed the base capture mission and missions takes priority over everything else

VK4502A is god tier and I will accept nothing less :colbert:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Welp

Bonus screenshot from the T95 I killed

primelaw fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Mar 28, 2015

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Jesus loving christ :stare: Reduce alpha to 180 on 20pdr, increase RoF to that :D Big bulky Comet permatrackin' er'rybody.

e: Primelaw I need advice - is the Challenger playable, or is it Primelaw-"playable"?

e2: same with VK3001P.

Never played the challenger so i have no idea. I don't play this terrible game often enough now to grind. VK3001P is pretty decent, albeit a bit slow for my taste. I preferred the 75 on it, much like the DB

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

SPGs and lights kill me

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

:argh:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

In a similar vein as Mesa, which of those free tanks are worth the most in gold? The Fury or T-34-85M? I already own everything else because I hate myself so I just want whichever gives the most gold.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

I know the ELC is :airquote:fun:airquote: but I never got the hang of it. It is a quick little thing that is hard to hit and hits quite hard. If you like it you should run with it, you will not regret it. I am a loser who got frustrated by it and rage sold it.

So I've come to the realization that the T23E3 is complete poo poo, but I do well in it. I cannot for the life of me explain why or how. It is a pee shooter with pretty lovely pen on a tank that is moderately fast, fairly large with no armor.

Have a fun video from WAY back in the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOgAkiydvGc

maev posted:

People need to stop hating on the A-44. Its got a huge doom cannon that hits way above its tier on a fast platform. Stop crying pubbie tears about missing your shots at 500m when you should be moving around quickly and lighting up fools at point-blank with your alpha.
I completely agree with this. I hated the thing my first 10 matches in it, but it was complete gravy once I got used to it.

Also since we were talking about T-34-1s, it's only bad because Hellsau didn't carry me this match.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzHkfnZCLI

primelaw fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Apr 17, 2015

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Welp time to quit for the day....no way am I going to top this game (haha jokes on me stop playing tanks :suicide:)

4200 damage. 27,500 WN8. 9 kills. I don't even know.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1811141#lakeville-crazedkid103-churchill_vii

:stonk:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The worst thing about patch days is a barely working/not working garage mod :argh:

This is double so where I have my sheriff account going, so I can't find the tanks I want to play.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

I liked the 50 120 :colbert:

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Welp, I just got the 4 pack

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

I am tempted to buy the Rudy for strongholds, even if it's sold as part of a package that I don't need. Please tell me I am a stupid oval office that don't need that PoS.

The Rudy owns all of the bones. Easily my fav out of the four so far

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

BadLlama posted:

Oh Tank compare is tell me it has 4?

It's 4 off the back of the tank. For some reason it's wrong

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Always knew there was something odd about him. They kept that much gold in there because: "We need a warchest."
People were asking about it for a few days, after BULBA spanked us 5-0, Piece of poo poo One and Piece of poo poo Two decided to take the gold and book it.
I am probably one of the few, but I really don't care about the gold. Finally got into a "stable" clan and this poo poo happens is what makes me upset.

Well poo poo. I'm like you since I like the clan more because we'really good dudes. But not having a payout for a while is gonna suck

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

So this site is selling the JT 8.8, 7 days of premium, and 1,250 gold for 22.40

http://www.kinguin.net/product/116876/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code-1414011884-374460-t/

I bought one just to test it, and it works for NA. So yeah, get your best gold out of it by using the code tomorrow or whatever unless you need a JT.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Hellsau posted:

That's an insane rate on gold. The JT88 makes credits like mad, and getting 11k gold for 22 bucks is pretty neat. So I guess a skirmish tournament win is worth $20.

Also Primelaw you're an addict, please get help.

Well I have some disposable income now. Just not the time to play the game :smith:

Still need something so I'm not working 58 hours a week while make less than 25k a year.

Never mind that Valentine pack, it's an invite code.

primelaw fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 10, 2015

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Magres posted:

I just bought a code, and I'm sorely tempted to see if I can redeem another for the gold

I tested it with a second. It works!

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Where would Kinguin be getting their codes from?

I would assume Russia/Eastern Europe, since they seem to be one of those key resellers. They've got the global packs labelled and the EU only packs labelled as well, with the one I linked being global.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

Rincewinds posted:

Did you get full amount of gold, even with the discount?

It's only the discounted amount for now, but tomorrow it should give a total of 11250 gold. I don't mind the 3000 gold difference too badly from the two i redeemed

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Someone claimed the JT88+7d+1250g codes *did* stack. You get 10000g for the JT when it's already in the garage, which make those codes an insane value for ~23-25 bucks.

The only potential pitfall is that there are evidently 'good on all servers' and 'only on EU' codes.

Yeah I found them via a Facepunch post on their tanks thread. I bought three of them to test if they worked, which they did for NA without a problem. I actually no idea if there's a hard limit on how many you can use on one account, but they work for up to three without a problem at least.

Here's the link for anyone wondering.
http://www.kinguin.net/product/116876/world-of-tanks-1250-gold-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtiger-tank-7-days-premium-bonus-code/