Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

actually why hasn't there been a proper forest map? the closest thing we've got is, like, east murovanka and that's barely an hectare

Cause everyone remembers old murovanka, where by abusing camo you could light up everyone in the magic forest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Literally all matches should be 15v15, MAYBE the lovely servers (NA, LATNAM, SEA, maybe some others I'm forgetting) can do 5/10 if someone's queue time goes over 2 minutes. That's it. There is no excuse for having +2/-2 matchmaking other than "it makes Wargaming more money" which, given Wargaming's public statements about intentionally causing the matchmaker to prefer 3/5/7 over the easier-to-make 15v15 same tier matches, and given Wargaming's policy of deliberately screwing platoons, "it makes Wargaming more money" is the only game design and balance criteria that matters.

15v15 game’s in tier ten are actually kinda fun.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

There is literally zero difference between a draw and a loss. It is correct play, given 20 seconds and no other possible way to win, to drive out, hope the enemy shoots and bounces/misses, and then shoot back and hope for an ammo rack kill.

On the other hand, goddamn this playerbase is atrocious. Yet another reason to never play this game, thanks!

Well,to be fair a draw is a loss for the other team as well, so imo it is better to spread the misery.

In other news, I haven’t even had the urge to start this game for at least a month despite still having premium time.
Maybe I am free?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Tahirovic posted:

SPG-15 for the O260 must be the most difficult mission in the game?
Top XP on both teams and 3500k assist as arty. Please kill me.

Only that?
I did that for T55 SPG15 with a T92.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Putting PL flags on your tank on the EU server will get all sorts of "UNINSTALL PL RETARD" before the battle countdown even ends.

Why are you ignoring this sensible advice?

On a second note, reading this thread on a regular basis keeps me from coming back. I almost have my 3 months badge now.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Two years on the wagon. stay strong fellow quitters.

This thread is excellent in reminding me why I stopped playing (mostly it was the grind and life that came in the way. Oh, and TW:WH2 where people complain about DLCs for 10 EUR).

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Installed the game, got my T502 and bought a BatChat and a Obj263 for the credits. Then logged out. Mission successful

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Bought with the credits, or is there a money making scheme that I'm not aware of?

I am not telling quitters about that secret scheme.
phone poasting so your version

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

e: lololololol can't stop giggling at the fact that the is-3a's default shell goes six times as fast as the brit derp gun shells

So the IS-3A is basically an AMX 50 100 that can survive emptying the clip?
And is reasonably mobile with semi-decent armour like an IS-3?
And it is a premium so the only way to nerf it is power creep?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

The IS-3A is what the T69 wishes it was - inaccurate gun with moderate gold pen so it needs to get in close, but it has enough mobility to actually close the distance and enough armor and HP to survive close range, and a sizeable burst damage to punish enemies that allow it to close the distance and clip out.

And then the IS-3A becomes a regular tier 8 heavy tank without actually being punished for the 1200 burst damage over 6 seconds because its autoloader mechanic is broken, and also the IS-3A crushes the T69 in penetration and also everything else.

So another broken mechanic to the already broken autoloader mechanic.
And it can't be nerfed, because lol premium but it is balanced because it sees tier10s (which it can strip 50% of their HP in 6 seconds on).
So I guess tier8 is even more hosed than ever.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Redeye Flight posted:

How the gently caress do you get to tier 10 in a tank destroyer without understanding the existence of the spotting mechanic?

Like, not even all the intricacies, just the concept that tanks spot for other tanks?

There is actually zero skill required to reach tier 10.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

A reminder that it doesn’t cost anything for WG to give away their in game currencies that are worthless outside the game.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

you're right it does cost them to make more tanks to sell people

God forbid they spend money on balancing tanks and maps when they can make up more premium tanks to sell.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

I know you hate the game and WG, but not everyone shares the same disdain.

Oh you sweet summer child.
It happens to us all.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

I've played this game for like 7+ years and still play and enjoy it. I also play and enjoy World of Warships.

I was you until this autumn (including time).
So now I can say “you poor deluded fool”.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Besides the 8, 9 and 10 which of the Italian tiers are worth keeping?

Are there any tanks worth keeping that isn’t a tier9 or tier10 that doesn’t gets constantly poo poo upon by MM?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

2Jets posted:

But why go through all the trouble to get a tank you will never play?

Looks at garage full of tier 10s.
Gee, I don’t know.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

1 is not 0. A high or low roll in the right place can totally swing a match. Good job murdering.

In the glory days of HEAT M4, I got 10 kills where for the major part of the battle I had 1Hp left.

Btw, HEAT M4 for silver must have been the last time when tier5 was still relevant.
Making crazy money while shooting only HEAT.
The funny thing about WOT is that I cannot remember a time when there were no game breaking mechanics.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Congrats on your bad tier 8 medium.

And taste of music.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Prav posted:

the irl crew of the M3 Lee was 7 dudes. gotta man those machine guns

the real mystery is how four adult men fit into a hetzer

Well, the hetzer was a late war tank and all grown men were dead so manned by boys?

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Gervasius posted:

Hi5, 3 year-clean-buddy

(This is 23. october 2016. in local moonspeak)

One and a half year here.
I read the thread as a warning why I shouldn’t play again.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ded posted:

I love reading posts like that to remember why I stopped playing.

Me too.
Isn’t it thanksgiving as well? As I recall, that part of the year was even worse especially if you played on NA on off hours.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Has anything fun been added to this game in the last three months?

I read this thread every now and then, and then goes nope.
Maybe I should log in just to see what appeared in my garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

gently caress yes.

Warhams styles and commanders in the next Battle Pass. So that's 430U in a Death Guard style, E100 in an Ultramarine style and an STB-1 Orky style.

Nazi tank for space marines seems apt.