Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

kaschei posted:

Why has the ensure been replaced by "SWEN"?

Making fun of a time Cagle copy/pasted a bunch of news people and flipped them, but left the word NEWS unchanged so it was backwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Acid Haze posted:

Yeah you're right. I always get those two mixed up in my head somehow. The lazy one and the hateful one.

Sometimes I really love that Branco chose to name his website Comically Incorrect. :mmmhmm:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Bob Gorrell starts the year out with a strong defense of his title.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Calico Heart posted:

Does anyone wanna put :10bux: on Ramirez somehow outdoing his pestiferous BROWN cartoon of last year before 2015 is up? :unsmigghh:

No one is going to bet against that.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

zoux posted:

Look if they were smart people then they wouldn't be cops.

Not even being mean to cops, they really do turn down people who do too well on the tests.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah I know it's just the same "oh you probably are doing this as a holdover until you find something better" that is why anybody gets turned down for being overqualified. Still kind of a funny story, though.

e: Also it shows that whoever was doing the hiring thinks the job is unappealing or has bad compensation and that someone would think it's a poor opportunity.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 2, 2015

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Fun times with strawmen.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

LaughMyselfTo posted:

How about every four months? We could call them the first, second, and third trimester Gay Abortions Awards.

I like this :mmmhmm:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Oh god no

IT BEGINS

SAVE YOURSELVES

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah Animal Nuz is basically the biggest Democratic cheerleader possible. However he seems to put all his effort into wracking his brain for animal-based puns on people's names and I'm fine with that because I like puns.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

MechaCrash posted:

The best part about the "Fox viewers don't know poo poo" is that they included Daily Show/Colbert Report viewers in that poll. So people who get their news from a pair of comedians were better informed than alleged actual news.

It is quite impressive that making jokes about real events puts less of a spin than your average Fox News report.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

What does this even mean?

I can usually understand muir but it's just escaping me today.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Sputnik, I want you to know - I would totally buy a coffee table book of Ye Fowl Heralds.

If it sells well enough you might even get an angry, angry drinky duck strip about YFH :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Stultus Maximus posted:

Is this Europe's answer to

I love how Bish didn't date this. It truly is timelessly awful :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

"He had some bad ideas" also does not counter out the good ideas he had regarding other things. Just makes him not exactly a person you want to have a conversation with.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Kegluneq posted:

Robert Jordan :smith:

I'm only on book 7 so I don't know if this is true or not. :saddowns:

Ehhh, it's fine. The styles are different but unlike some of these things, Jordan's notes on what was gonna happen were pretty dang solid and he actually wanted someone else to finish it after he died. It wasn't a huge deal for me.

In fact I would probably have preferred it if Sanderson had fleshed out the ending that Jordan wrote it before he died but he left it 100% as it was.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

It's a really good example of power gap potentially screwing with what you would ordinarily call consent, but it pisses me off when the McCoys do it because I know they wouldn't give a poo poo about it if it was someone they liked.

e: Basically I think it is possibly worth talking about in certain situations but none of them are the ones it's brought up in.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Conservatives will never listen to Monica Lewinsky because she's a woman.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

itskage posted:

I am a moron because I don't get it even after the comment. Is there some 2nd meaning to eggs benedict or is it just a shoe horned reference to that black brunch tweet?

Eggs benedict and Benedict Arnold, famous for not doing a very good job of betraying the American Revolution.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

El Scotch posted:

Maybe someone will shoot Muir for his...whatever he makes.

No one will shoot Muir. No one besides us and his echo chamber even pay any attention to him.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Taking poo poo horribly out of context is a time-honored tradition.

Back when Arlen Specter was running as a Democrat his Republican opponent cherrypicked a line from something he said in response to accusations that he did it to get re-elected. So there were a bunch of radio ads with him saying "My change in party will enable me to be re-elected."

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Internet Webguy posted:

They loooooove Mort.

Out of all the people to be able to see Death, he had to get these jerks.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

snakeandbake posted:

Amazingly, I had already noticed the titties (even checked the site for the uncensored version!), but what's he on about with regards to the middlemen, producers, feminism, bourgeois, etc?

Persecution complex giving way to really lame innuendos.

e: Hey, I think I just summed up every DbD after Muir lost syndication!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

A strong early contender for Easiest AGC.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

And since it's Wise, there's the implication that something vile is assumed to be as logical as cleaning up after a party.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Broken Cog posted:

Has anyone in the west been jailed for showing support for a free Palestine? A lot of Israel-friendly groups keep throwing the accusation at anyone who looks at them funny, but nobody really take them serious on these matters anymore because of it.
I mean, Charlie Hebdo themselves have been massively critical of Israel during the past few years.

I don't think so? No matter what some hardcore Israel supporters say, disagreeing with/criticizing the Israeli government's policies doesn't fall under anti-semitism rules. I think.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Race isn't a problem in this country because Muir likes cream in his coffee? Is that really what he's saying? :psyduck:
Well I like my coffee black, therefore I'm the real racist, I guess.

If you acknowledge a racial divide in America, you're a racist.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Has any sovereign citizen's carefully researched and laid out arguments ever ended in anything other than a judge just laughing in their face and putting them in jail?

There's the one Canadian judge who was inspired to do some research that resulted in a very long and detailed account of their insanity, if that counts.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Do you have a link? It sounds like it'd make great reading.

I gone done a little googling and found it again.

http://www.albertacourts.ab.ca/jdb/2003-/qb/Family/2012/2012abqb0571ed1.pdf

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

So the Duck Reporter isn't even a reporter anymore....

Nope. Just some drunk weirdo yelling at the TV or imaginary strawpeople.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

Henry Update:

My... My god... it's art... ART

*http://video.foxnews.com/v/3655360487001/poll-36-percent-of-americans-believe-ufos-exist/
**http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/poll-obamacare-more-unpopular-ever_800453.html

January 21st, 2015 | Tags: ACA, Cartoons by Henry, health-care, healthcare, ObamaCare, Patient Protection Affordable Care Act, takeover, UFOs | Category: Political Cartoons by Henry | Comments are closed

GiP makes more sense now. . .

:itwaspoo:

I love it when the idiots churn out something so amazingly bad I can't even be mad at it :allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Rorus Raz posted:

My anatomy professor seriously had to tell our class that there is no difference in ribs between the sexes.

I guess it's a thing?

Some people take the "God took Adam's rib and used it to make Eve" thing kinda literally, yes.

e: I mean I have only encountered one and it was in middle school, but that does imply the existence of an adult teaching it to their kids so :shrug:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

alnilam posted:

I was really surprised when I read this, as water expands very little with temperature in the range of temps you'd see on earth. But I just had some fun doing back-of-the-envelope calculations, and holy crap, a tiny change makes a big difference when you consider how deep the oceans are!

Yeah it's a tiny change per unit but we got a lot of units to do it with.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

"Wait, I lost the ability to stand defending this kid's rights and you're trying to guilt him when he exercises them? gently caress you, lady."

Dude's actually just really disaffected because he didn't get proper psych care to adjust to life without legs.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Not My Leg posted:

Seriously. The image makes sense on its own, and the caption makes sense with a different image (if you accept the GOP line that Robin Hood is a bad guy), but the image combined with the caption makes no sense.

Unrelated, looks like the GOP is getting an early start on eating their own this cycle (has McCain said anything that would suggest he would ever run again).

Nah, McCain has done the standard major-party "welp, I had my candidacy and failed, not trying it again." Romney is actually pretty unusual by saying he'd do it again. I'd be surprised if he manages any decent amount of votes this time since he got himself in as a failure back in 2012.

(And then the right "Anyone But Mitt"s itself right back into running him again :getin: )

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Why is that dog so loving smug

It farted.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

JaggerMcDagger posted:

After 70 Years?!!

It is both sad and shocking that 70 years after Auschwitz, a cartoon like today's could or would be relevant.
Labels: antisemitism, Auschwitz, Europe, Israel, Jewish State, Shuldig

:ironicat:

Geeeeet hosed you racist shitbag.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Mister Beeg posted:

How did the anti-vaxx movement start to begin with?

Looking into it, people have been worrying about vaccines for different reasons for... about as long as there have been vaccines.

It got really big when that guy published the bullshit study linking autism to vaccines thought.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

For once in his confused life, Michael Ramirez made a visual metaphor without loving it horribly.

It could have done without the caption but hey.

e: Hahaha welp.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Feb 4, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

loquacius posted:

Well, we've seen the first cartoonist actually take the anti-vaxxers' side. Took a surprisingly long time, actually, as their stance on most issues usually correlates 100% with Obama's stance. I wouldn't have thought it would be Gorrell, though -- smart money was on Wise or Branco.

Wise strikes me as more likely to advocate just hitting your kid if they show autism.

• Locked thread