Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Does anyone have a link to the Dees cat-throw vid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

ElMaligno posted:

Im going to post this whenever goons freak the gently caress out about Bors.

Your really crummy edit will help drive the point home.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Yes, it was. It caused a minor scandal among idiots who pretended it invoked the blood libel.

Speaking of Brit-toons, Bell got into some flak for this one

From what I recall the objections were the puppets and the prominence of the star of david.

Mister Beeg posted:

I have a friend whose former roommate had pot brownies in the fridge, and another ate a whole batch of them, not knowing what they were.

He had to go to the hospital. Apparently he ate waay too many, and took about a week to recover.

Let this be a lesson to not eat whole plates of brownies you just find around.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

As a non-american this cartoon is totally baffling. Someone debated the president while sitting in a bathtub of cereal? As an ad for the democrats?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

loquacius posted:

The league has handcuffed this referee to the ball against his will (hence his reaction) in order to ensure he does his job properly and measures the goddamn balls. A Good Cartoon.
:patssay:

It's a reference to the nuclear football from the seminal comic, watchmen.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Ramirez is no stranger to a label.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

majormonotone posted:

This would be a good comic if not for the terrible pun at the top. It's not even, like, a grown-worthy JRRose! dad pun. It's just cringe-worthy.

In fact the pun is good.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Who does he think made American Sniper?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

FishBulb posted:

Because of the title probably.

and he's a comic nerd.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Every time I notice Destro in the back right there I smile.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Is it that Stuart Lee?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That's why they're prophesies, dummy!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

majormonotone posted:

yeah, i dunno

They way this guy draws faces, especially the pupil-less eyes, is pretty creepy.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Kopfschusslegende

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 4, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

WHAT!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Deep Hurting posted:

Just what we need: another Mike Lester.

Whenever that guy gets posted I go through the same thing: being surprised at not recognizing Lester's bile, then checking the signature, then being baffled that someone would totally and utterly bite Lester's style.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

WarpedNaba posted:

Yeah, it's a classical painting of hell, the one with the sawn-in-half rear end and all the weird tortures. Looks kinda Surreal.

Found it! I think it's based on The Garden of Earthly Delights by Hieronymus Bosch.

Two people who don't immediately know a Bosch when they see one..
But that particular one is The Last Judgement, sez a reverse image search.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It brought the slavery allegations to wider attention.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They can just change the names on their cartoon from the last time this happened.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

What sort of monster sits around watching old political speeches.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

God what happened to pirvacy, you know? You can't shoot an unarmed person 8 times in the back before planting evidence on his corpse anymore.

Also JRRRose can't draw hands.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Has this been mentioned yet in logo-chat?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Which, according to this blog I found trying to explain that, was one of the inspirations

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Kismet posted:

Those promises are absolute smoke and mirrors bullshit, and any money the conservatives throw at social/health services invariably ends up going to programs which squeeze out the working class, way overcomplicate support programs to artificially reduce demand, and bring private companies into oversight positions. They are manipulating voters and have no interest whatsoever in serving the demographic these snappy sounding promises are designed to win over.

Even besides the NHS flim-flam that's a really weird response to a batch of cartoons about a thatcherite policy to dismantle the housing-association and drive more renters into the hands of basically unregulated private landlords.

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is there a good primer on UK politics? I don't really have an idea of what it means when the cartoons are making fun of Ed Milliband, or if "Labour Party" necessarily means the Left.

Just ask the UK Megathread, right here in D&D. They're friendly and informative! "Take it easy" is the UKMT motto.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Nick Clegg is the one centrist leader who and all moderates should vote for as the Tories and Labour go more extreme right and left, according to Nick Clegg.
Seriously, he's saying that. In public!
Labour used to be hard left, but then they lost to Thatcher too often and now you can't really slip a cigarrette paper between them and the Conservatives apart from a loose perception that they're slightly more comfortable with stimulus spending.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Lol at the crayon scrawl for Rubio.

The Bush one is really good too.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Internet Webguy posted:

That is quite a loophole.

I already paid them last year!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Doubtful Guest posted:

With the UK elections coming up, an online magazine which I follow reproduced some old anti-suffragette cartoons.

It's interesting how closely they mimic some of the usual suspects here, especially with the recent anti-Hillary ones.

This one's obviously pro-sufferage. Also, I want to know the name of that e-zine.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Weird to see M2B use a bald eagle as the voice of reason given how evl his Uncle Sam is.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

vyelkin posted:

Here are the cartoons of his on the Pulitzer site, which I believe are the ones he submitted for consideration. There are a few really good ones in here along with a few generic or outright bad "A Thing Happened" ones.

The exact opposite of correct.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Jedit posted:

Is there something special about Phi Lambda that I'm missing? I would have used Sigma Alpha Male.

It looks like a penis going into a vagina.

Samurai Sanders posted:

It took me a bit to notice that one actually, I just read "foreign money" first and thought it was a rant about dirty foreigners in general.

It's hardly the extremes of xenophobia to have some reservations about foreign money in national politics.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I really like that cartoonist. Look at that dead rabbit!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, it's become an open question whether world leaders feel comfortable to call it a genocide or not, as we're approaching the centenary. Closest Obama's come so far is "atrocity."
e: Problem being is that recognizing it as genocide infuriates Turkey. The Pope called it by it's name and the next day the Turkish government was calling Argentina a retirement home for Nazis.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 24, 2015

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Your voice broke in your mid 30s?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You seem to have confused jokes with rumours. Did you hear that gossip that Bush maybe a chimpanzee, he looks like one and is dumb to boot. No smoke without fire, you know.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Ugh Rob probably means well but this is a pretty lovely comic

I like the random shadng thrown on for no reason.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Dr. Killjoy posted:

"You can be a terrible drawer, and still convey the story that you wanna convey"
Well now we know what philosophy drives the Chris Muirs and Ted Ralls of the world.
Ahahaha - this vid has a bunch of his cartoons and some are LF as gently caress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YgoYAlOlR8

I'm really enjoying knowing that those crayon doodles are all composed on a nice wooden writing desk.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

razorrozar posted:

MissEchelon it occurs to me that your art style would lend itself pretty well to politoonage

:iceburn:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

That's one of the better Mr. FIsh's in that it's punchy and plays on the design of Uncle Sam which we all know and love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Did Dees finish the cartoon and then refresh infowars?

• Locked thread