Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
10 best shows of 2014: forever. outlander. scorpion. the strain. helix. selfie. Salem. dominion. blackish. and reeling in the number one slot: freakign HALO NIGHTFALL!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sophia posted:

Someone name a TV show where they liked its ending and also genuinely liked the show (i.e. the ending can't be liked because it was simply put out of its misery like a dying dog).

eagleheart

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
all fictional characters are straw men by nature

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hes in alltime classic black dynamite as well

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Timby posted:

Both her and Ice-T's contracts are up after this season, so they have some negotiations to do.

i hope mariska leaves, her characters a drag

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

im crewing for this

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
matt besser

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

muscles like this? posted:

Comic book author Matt Fraction has made a deal with Universal for a Sex Criminals TV show. The premise is pretty goofy, about a young woman named Suzy and her boyfriend Jon who both have the ability to freeze time whenever they have an orgasm. They start robbing banks while time is frozen in order to save the failing library that Suzy works at but things get complicated when they discover they're not the only ones with that power.

Sounds good, as long as neither of the main characters are actors i want too see having sex.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

It's more like if you don't like reality shows because of the obnoxious editing and musical stings, manufactured drama, and constant cutaways to talking heads that are staples of the genre but a small and very vocal group of reality show fans kept swearing that you had to watch this season of Survivor or that episode of Pawn Stars withput considering that it still has all of the things you don't like about the genre in full force.

actually, its more like if u don't like reality shows because of the cheesy editing and musical stings and manufactured drama by the cast and the interviews they give. then when people recommend u documentaries like grizzly man, or the act of killing, or dear zachary, or documentary shows like vice, u are like, nah that shits all retarded. i can tell, because it looks kind of like the other retarded poo poo I've seen before.

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 13, 2015

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Vincent posted:

I'm guessing you mean a character with his traits, 'cause the actor who played Torgo killed himself.

An lol at the goon who compared Grizzly Man and Dear Zachary to loving JoJo.

theyre similar.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
get this: the freaking tv forum mod has never watched seinfeld or the simpsons.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

Ruffalo does a Columbo-ish character in Zodiac, which I'm pretty sure is where the idea originated to begin with.

I mean Falk is great, but I honestly don't see that much difference, stature-wise, between the two. Hell, I'd be hard pressed to name any modern actor who could really do the role justice.

donofrio

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ravane posted:

I think you misunderstood me. There's no gimmick here.

It's not racist for a brown race to play another brown race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzelrlH_pjQ

^ It's not racist for this black guy to play an indian doctor.

If two people are of similar skin color (AKA Indians and Native Americans and Hispanics, etc) then yes, they can act as another ethnicity. I say this as A PERSON OF COLOR. Note: I'm not white Zoux. I don't loving need to shame people into inadvertently thinking they're racist when they're not. Now if a white guy plays a brown guy, or vice-versa, and it's not a joke, then yes it is racist. But even that's fine as long as they don't act like a complete stereotype.

If you are ethnically ambiguous, who cares where you're from. It's not racist. Racism implies prejudice. If they denied an actor who's equal in talent to another actor, based on his race (even though they're the same skin color) that's racism, though really complicated and idiotic.

Indian actors get transposed for Middle Eastern characters ALL THE TIME. Is that racist? No, it's not. And that's something that nobody argues about on this site, so don't argue when the exact same thing happens here. It's not racist. If they're qualified actors and they fit the character's description, who gives a poo poo about their ethnicity?

youre right

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ravane posted:

I DIDN'T loving CREATE THIS ISSUE!

When I first came on here to TVIV, I was being completely sincere about everything, My first thread was the Parks and Rec thread. Some dude made a joke about wanting vegetarians to kill themselves, which I said was very offensive (Being vegetarian myself). I got called a Social Justice Warrior for loving defending vegetarians. Make any other joke, don't tell a class of people to kill themselves for no reason.

I go to the Arrow thread, which is full of comic talk. I don't read comics and it's genuinely my first exposure to the Arrow. I'm asking questions about the Arrow and about its villains. I don't loving know the difference between Slade Wilson and Deathstroke. I know Slade from Teen Titans, I never assumed him to be the same as Deathstroke. A simple Go gently caress yourselves to the people who called me a troll for not knowing the difference.

Then comes the joke about not knowing who Alfred Hitchcock was on this thread. Of course I've heard of Psycho, but no I had no idea who Alfred Hitchcock was and that's not trolling, no matter what I said to save face and no matter what others said. I didn't know that he was a famous director, who gives a gently caress. My PhD's not in watching movies guys, it's in Biochemistry. And from then on, every small thing I don't know from the very specific to the very general has had me being called a troll.

So go gently caress yourselves, all of you, because I'm sick of being called a troll, when I'm not trolling. You guys made me into this "troll" person. Every time I post my opinion, it's always "Oh Ravane's just trolling." Go gently caress yourselves for being so dismissive.

I've been completely serious for the last week or so, and I've still got a bunch of Ravane's trolling posts, which means it's not my problem, it's yours. It's gotten to the point where if I even slightly disagree with any of you, you immediately claim "Ravane's trolling" EVEN WHEN I'M loving RIGHT (I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU ZOUX AND YOUR RACIST TIRADE!).

But the thing is I don't give a poo poo that you have called me a troll. Just give me the chance to loving change and post normally. You guys treat me like poo poo on here to the point that one of you asked me to "kill myself". WHAT THE gently caress! When have I ever told any of you guys to kill yourselves? Never! I value you guys decently enough that I'd never say anything like that, even when I say gently caress off, I say it half jokingly because I get you guys are actual people with feelings. To the rear end in a top hat that told me to kill myself on this thread, gently caress you dude.

I don't think I've ever been that bad of a troll to warrant anyone to say that. I'm not bullying children here, I'm making loving DAD JOKES every once in a while. Literally, the hatred that you guys have for me is unwarranted. But it's gotten so bad, that I see random posts from new people in other threads that say "Oh it's just Ravane, nobody likes him." NEW PEOPLE that have barely even formed an opinion about me are getting on the Ravane hate train. Yeah, so you guys did make me a loving martyr to throw all your angst and hatred against. For what?

A couple questions: "Who is this, who is that?" A few dad jokes. Some slightly racist effort posts. And a whole lot of genuine opinions about how I feel about certain tv shows, which others who feel the same way don't get pinned. Not the way I do.

TL;DR for those of you with the attention span of a squirrel: Evaluate yourselves, the problem doesn't lie with me, it lies with you.

you're the smartest person who posts in this thread but you're still a dumbass

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
barrowmans not gay

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

Tell that to these guys

gay or not thats sexual assault

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
last man on earth really wants to be eastbound and down

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

its almost as bad as the book it's based on

the books good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

zoux posted:

Not the end though.

its the only ending that makes sense and puts a nice bow on the messages contained within the book

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

zoux posted:

We just got Showtime as part of a "please please don't switch to Google Fiber" promotion, so: what's worth watching (besides Shameless)?

moron

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
finally got my aol subscription guys. know any good websites?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

kaynorr posted:

Hell, we are still living in the shadow of The Dark Knight when it comes to the tone of various reboots. Maybe, just maybe, Flash and Supergirl will convince people that grimdark, if it ever was a good idea, is a thing whose time has come and gone.

Then I see the trailer for Dawn of Justice and nope, Warner Bros. hasn't quite gotten it out of their system yet.

i bet youre really stupid

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

I have watched this season of that show. What the gently caress is adventure time now? Seriously, what is it supposed to be now?

ftl if u didnt interpret the season finale as a plea against teen suicide

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
LENA DUNHAM???????? AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

They signed a 3-year deal for a new show on Amazon

who are they?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

DivisionPost posted:

Let me just explain something for those who haven't watched The L Word. There's a storyline in the first season where the circle of lesbian friends befriend a guy who considers himself to be a woman. This guy starts dating Alice, a bisexual, and eventually things get sexual between them on a boat. (Funny story: apparently the worst things on this show happen on boats.) One catch: the guy -- as I said, considers himself a lesbian who happens to be a man -- wants it to be toys only. He doesn't want to use his penis because he doesn't recognize it as a valid part of his body.

Unfortunately, bisexual Alice is all about that D, so she puts him inside her anyway, and this results in him running off crying. Alice goes after him, but only so she could yell out "WHAT?" as if she had double dipped a tortilla chip. I'm serious, it was twice the absurdity of an average Curb Your Enthusiasm episode with absolutely none of the comedy.

And this is season ONE. Apparently it gets WORSE.

Also, something to keep in mind. I like Iris in The Flash. I've liked Lana in Smallville. I don't even have a whole lot against Jar Jar Binks, probably because I only saw The Phantom Menace once and have not been compelled to revisit it. So when I say that Jenny Schecter can go directly to hell, you can take that to the bank.

im glad u can justify criticism of trans representation in tv by citing ambivalence towards jar jar binks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

He can't possibly keep doing these after this season though. Everyone will know him.

people who know whats going on will still react naturally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

I was under the impression that everyone was in on it.

they're in on it insofar as any small business is in on it when a camera crew for any tv show comes by. nathan doesn't prank them, he's very straightforward. there are no ill intentions to suss out. the show pays for everything and nobody's at a loss.

• Locked thread