Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
From Shadowland: Power-Man #3, our villains use forgotten techniques to track down our title character:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

What's all this about hilariously terrible looking children?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Jiro posted:

Now I want a variant where Predator is cleaning Jughead's skull with his crown still on it. :colbert:

The other alternate cover is kinda close.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Wonder Woman's costume has always been loving awful and we're probably never gonna escape it because it's too ingrained these days. I mean you still have people who want Batman to wear blue and grey despite him being in black for the entire holocene.

Well that's because in actuality a dark blue will blend into the darkness, whereas a black outfit will actually give you a distinct outline in a dark room. :eng101:
Also because 'black and grey' is a design that doesn't really pop off the page like blue and grey. It has a habit of just sort of blending into the backgrounds with a lot of artists.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Who isn't at this point?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

That makes me hope they'll do another "What The-!?" special after Secret Wars. The NEW MARVEL NOW! one was pretty great.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Travis343 posted:

Can we change the forum title to this

it works anyway
obviously his tiny rear end is his shameful secret, that's why he REALLY wears the bat costume
it allows extra padding

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

The best sequel to Batman '66 there ever will be.
The comics don't count because they're just a continuation to me, not a sequel

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 28, 2016

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

I think you mean Hulk.

why is lex luthor mad at kingslayer for kryptonite poisoning
i don't get it

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

He got better and joined the incarnation of the NEW WARRIORS during Dark Reign. Because it was that or working under loving Osborne.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Bizarro Frank Castle is like the Dalai Lama or some poo poo.

Bizarro Frank Castle is Batman.

An innocent child who lost his parents and dedicated his life to NOT killing criminals.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Squizzle posted:

Thinking way too hard right now about what Captain America supporting character could become the other half of Daniel Tawny Tiger.

Nick Fury.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

Also your vacations really suck

Captain America 367.

I think that's the first time I've seen that page without the photoshop of Skull saying "Take me to your jew gold!" as it fades out.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

10 Beers posted:

Okay. Fair enough, I suppose.

e: Does anyone have the panels of Taskmaster poo poo talking the daughters of Batroc and Tarantula on a roof? I think it's from Agent X.

As far as I know, this is the only time that Batroc's daughter has ever shown up. Tarantula's too.
I want a story with the father-daughter Batroc pair. That'd be fun.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

They're dead. He killed them.

This is comics, and we've gone through at least two timeline fuckery events since then, how is that a problem?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

The Darkseid War is an extended battle over who gets the most comfy chair in existence.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

DC One Million was the best event and I won't hear anyone saying anything to the contrary.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Elfface posted:

Regarding comic books and executions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6avH3_8FYQ

Freedom Force was a game that deserved a sequel/remake/re-imagining more than most
I'm sad that they just became the devs just became 'The Bioshock Company' later in life

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

What the heck happened to Ikon? Also that tryhard Wraith guy while I'm at it. It feels like that era of Marvel had a lot of interesting characters introduced in Cosmic Marvel that just showed up and then just sorta... stopped appearing.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Open Marriage Night posted:

Didn't Ikon bite it at the start of Infinity?

Thank you! Some quick googling later, apparently they set it up to look like she did, then her and some other Space Knights showed up in Avengers #21 and did their thing. So Hickman blew up Galador, but NOT all of the Space Knights! Even though then apparently they made the symbiotes Space Knights later. Hmm.

Anyway, here's some relevant content.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

Have I got a movie for you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_zTiP8DXP4

e: Somehow I didn't remember Hulk punching a hulkdog in the balls.

See, the concept of 'what if we used the hulk serum on dogs', in a vacuum, is pretty great.
But then you get the freaking poodle with its haircut that's for a dogshow. And the thing that looks like someone stretched out a mutant hound from fallout horizontally. And you get... that.
Honestly if all three looked like that first one it'd be FINE.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

It's not exactly a super new concept. There's been more than a few stories of 'character gets transported to fictional setting, doesn't treat anything that happens there as real or treat anyone there as though they're real people who have lives, eventually this has horrible consequences'. It's basically the response to 'well I'd be TOTALLY awesome if I was in this setting'.

What I'm curious about is how long before someone has her go after some powerful mystical artifact or another because she has the knowledge that only someone who's obsessed with the minutiae of the Marvel Universe would really have.

That, or have her in a clash with the CONTINUI-TEENS, the group of teenagers who try to make sure all the events of the marvel universe go the way they're supposed to because they found a few longboxes of Marvel Comics that floated into the swamp of the Nexus of All Realities.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Cangelosi posted:

I dunno. Does Marvel even have something equivalent to the Medusa Mask?

I mean, all you need to do is go 'Hey, I remember this thing from this obscure marvel comic from the 60s where they dumped off some artifact in this remote area and then never picked that obviously dropped plotline back up! Score for me!'

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I think the last time she showed up she was being used as a bomb by mutant extremists, back in... the San Fransisco days, I wanna say? But they saved her, so at least there's that.

Anyway, have a funny.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

There's only one part of the comic Wanted that really stayed with me.

Our anti-hero Wesley Gibson is hanging out at the annual council of super-villains who secretly run the world. The last councilmember, a skull-faced man named Mister Rictus, arrives with his posse. I guess he's like half Red Skull, half Joker? Everyone's terrified of him, telling Wesley do NOT gently caress with this guy, but what with the boy's tragic past, as Rictus goes to leave, he can't help trying to get oooone dig in. Doesn't go as he plans.

The movie is essentially a completely different story, but I really wish they could have worked that line in. I think it would work well on a screen.

Is this where "MARK MILLAR FUCKS FLICKS GOATS" comes from or something?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly, I REMEMBER liking The Twelve, but I am hard pressed to recall but a few details here and there about it, and the stronger beats of the last issue. And I constantly see it mentioned as a huge disappointment. What's the deal?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Roth posted:

Leia no

Shadows of the Empire #4

Well, clearly Loki's Mask gives him some absolutely magnetic charisma.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

You really should. Hanks' comics are like fever induced nightmares put to paper.

e: case in point

Didn't Stardust show up in one of Moore's works as, basically, a cosmic-level villain?

E: V This makes me wonder what Marvel Universe Etsy is like. V

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 10, 2017

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

redbackground posted:

Was Dictator Superman thorough enough to destroy his world's supply of Kryptonite?

Yes, actually, which is why they had to go recruit Hawkman who had an extraterrestrial supply of it.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

Also Marvel jobs out to Superman like a wuss for whatever reason.

The answer to that is 'because he did that in the video game'.

Honestly the answer to most of the really bad decisions in Ground Zero are 'this is how it happened in the video game'.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Elfface posted:

Pretend I put the dialogue from that cuck comic in there. Fresh memes etc.

Cuck comic?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Have they ever explained why Ernst looks 100? I'm guessing the obvious answer is progeria.

Actually, she was created by Mr. Sinister, I think. Her power appears to be super-strength? I think?

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

No, now Grant Morrison, now there's a guy that can write a slow-burn punchline:

1990, in the pages of Animal Man:

2006, in the pages of Bulleteer:

That's not a punchline. That's an actual character from DC Comics from a group called The Inferior 4.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait Booster's dead?

No, Booster faked his death in 52.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

There's only 11 universes, each named after a secret herb or spice.

One of them is the Kingdom Come universe.
No, not 'A universe that's some ridiculous KFC take on Kingdom Come'.
Like, literally Kingdom Come.

And it's also got the Kamandi earth. Somehow. And it's... weird.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

Also spirit bomb only works against bad guys.

ACTUALLY, I think if you check your work it only doesn't work against the PURE hearted and according to the Trinity war event :spergin:

Actual on topic stuff, from Edge of Venomverse #2, which was great, the first two pages of the comic, where Gwen Poole's journey goes in a very different direction.

(Don't worry, she gets better.)

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Jul 25, 2017

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

I think I'm the weird person out because The Invisibles clicked for me but The Filth didn't.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Gann Jerrod posted:

Monsters Unleashed II #6 Scragg needs to work on his people skills.

I was kinda soured on the concept from the terrible event comic, but then I read the comic and remembered it's a comic about a kid who loves giant mecha and monsters and co-stars Elsa Bloodstone, which it seemed the writers suddenly remembered too, and had fun with.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

From this week's Power Rangers/Justice League #6 of 6. The day's been saved, and as per standard PR formula everyone's going to the juice bar to celebrate afterwards. Of course, Bruce Wayne being Bruce Wayne...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Lex Luthor absolutely would have moved to change that law.