Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Cat beast is better, but I'm the weirdo who liked that donkey beast that showed up for two panels in SWORD or something.

No, Goat Beast = Best Beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Vincent posted:

Howard the Duck #2 by Mahmud Azrar

Deadpool #45 by Skottie Young

I want a whole month of Run the Jewels :allears:

I don't know what that is? Are theyn making an animal gang? Spider-Ham needs to be there.

Holy poo poo, I now want a Rocket, Howard, Ham team up book.

Guest starring Throg.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Look at all these people who don't read Adventure Time comics.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Sizone posted:

Fedex arrow. Once you know it's there you can't igonore it and they add absolutely nothing to the comic. In fact, being unfunny, they actually detract from the comic. So, thanks, I will.

Yes you can, I routinely forget about them and I know they're there. Then I end up going back three pages.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can't edit in attachments:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
The lady is Thor, the dude is Odinson, it's not rocket surgery.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Metalshark posted:

It's standalone, but it does feature a recurring villain from Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder run that lasted for 25 issues that immediately preceded this Thor volume. God of Thunder is a good run, but it's not essential if you're only interested in the current Thor.

God of Thunder is so loving metal, though. You should read it anyways, it's really good and the same writer.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Someone post the rest of Loki's subtitled adventures.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Can someone post the Raiders of the Lost Ark homage in this week's Darth Vader, please?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Stealing this!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

is cowboy bebop a good show

It is one of the least terrible animes

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

There are so many things to love about this.

Did Bucky just fart into the phone at Hitler?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
sky shark
sky shark
SKY SHARK
SKY SHARK!!!

Ms Marvel has the character find of 2016

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 26, 2016

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I love that muppet looking Spider-Man

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

They've had the registration act forever, they got taken over by evil aliens like 3 times, they militarize all their superheroes, etc.

And Weapon X is kind of a big evil thing to have!

There's also wendiegos everywhere. And you don't even have to mean to eat human flesh to turn into one.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Duke Igthorn posted:

I wish I could draw because I have an idea for a comic about a hero who has to invoke the wisdom of Nona, the protection of Inuus, the intelligence of Genius, the grace of Gratiae, the kindness of Empanda, and the stamina of Roma.

Also he has to point at the people committing the crime.

You could do us all a favor and gently caress off with that bullshit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

And this *has* to be where Black Dynamite got that Anaconda Malt Liquor chain of reasoning scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXKYQvP0zQ0

Oh yeah, that was a very deliberate homage.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Clone wars is actually really good sorry

Except any episode with Jar Jar and some of the Padme episodes were bad too, mostly because Jar Jar was in them

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That's an [internal screaming] panel if I've ever seen one :allears:

My lovely effort

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I didn't know Rogue was actually wearing Ms Marvel's costume.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Phy posted:

At least one cop switched to their left hand to cock the hammer.
Please post the triumphant return of the Kra-Van tia

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

KaosMachina posted:

Honestly, I REMEMBER liking The Twelve, but I am hard pressed to recall but a few details here and there about it, and the stronger beats of the last issue. And I constantly see it mentioned as a huge disappointment. What's the deal?

I Seem to remember huge delays.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Vampires are cool. Jubilee is good. Vampire Jubilee is cool and good.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dareon posted:

Yeah, I'd actually be on board with flashy sparkling vampire Jubilee.

Although on that note I'm slightly surprised she's still being called Jubilee, my cynical comic-reading mind would have expected her to take a more vampiric sobriquet, like NIGHTBLOOD or BLOODNIGHT or POUCHFANG. Then I have the vague recollection that maybe her name was literally Jubilation Lee? Maybe?

It's also because of of Jubilee's defining characteristics is her unrelenting optimism. She's not going to sulk and get broody because she's a vampire, being a vampire is loving awesome! Plus, she had Wolverine supplying her with blood and that's gotta have a real good kick to it.

Seriously, read the issues of X-23 where her and Jubilee are hanging out, it's good stuff. (also read x-23, it was really good)

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Discendo Vox posted:

In what world is clock king useless?

Isn't that Calendar Man?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I was immediately turned off by the art. I can recognize that's it's good at telling the story, but that sort of ultra cartoony/ grotesque type of stylization just doesn't do anything for me.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Ariong posted:

Help, I don't get it I'm dumb. Is there something weird about the beer bottle he's holding? Is the joke that he's holding it in front of his crotch so it kinda looks like he's touching himself if you squint?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsHg0Oo2FEk&t=49s

Except replace gun with bottle

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

In another world his powers were focused though another orifice in his body. In another world he is known as...

BROWN NOTE

He's not silent, but he *is* deadly!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Oops I forgot to tell a joke

Isn't Family Ties or Growing Pains the show with the wacky neighbor character named Boner? It's whichever one had Alan Thick in it, I think.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Jordan7hm posted:

The moment Clint realizes he’s only useful as Hawkeye.

i'd probably be a super villain too if my head was a lumpy penis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Given that that book was them specifically getting an openly gay Latinx woman and YA author to write her first comic so as to have legitimacy and authenticity, I think you're 100% wrong.

Now Gabby Rivera ended up being a TERRIBLE comics writer (no clue if her prose work is any good) with an atrociously blunt and unfunny sense of humour and an extremely unsubtle and clumsy way of illustrating her themes, but I don't think it was a case of Marvel attempting to appeal to a demographic they didn't understand. After all, the same basic approach had actually worked extraordinarily well with Ta-Nehisi Coates on Black Panther. (And was a decent creative/critical, if not commerical, success with Chelsea Cain on Mockingbird)

The two issue crossover with Hawkeye was painful in how obviously Kelly Thompson was trying to hammer Rivera's dialogue into something approaching readable.

Yeah, Coates' Black panter had some growing pains in the beginning as he struggled to get a grasp on writing for comics, I was hoping Rivera was experiencing something similar, but... no. It was just bad. Which is a shame because Chavez is awesome.