Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nazi Excalibur first appeared during the CrossTime Caper, I'm pretty sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Is that Mini Marvels Spidey?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

That's what he does. Rockslide doesn't actually have a physical body anymore; he forms one out of stone. If he feels like it, he can make the stones explode and go all shrapnel-y.

Interestingly, he forms his body from local stone, so if he detonates and reforms in someplace where the stones have unusual properties, he gains said properties, as he did when he and a bunch of the students were trapped in Limbo; being formed of Limbo-stone, he became immune to magic for a bit.

I liked when they got back and Wolverine was like "When did we get a lava kid?"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wouldn't it just be "Face"?
No no no. The Face is someone completely different. He's most notable for suggesting Ms. Martian turn into a giant vulva for him to perform oral sex on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

...Tell me you're joking. Tell me you made that up. I don't care if it's ACTUALLY true, I just need you to tell me it's not.

Well. It was only implied and I suppose The Face might be gay or bisexual and was suggesting she turn into a giant penis. It was at the start of One Year Later Teen Titans.

Edit: That's him!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He was briefly a Teen Titan so I'm sure he was brutally murdered off panel at some point.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JacquelineDempsey posted:

At the risk of sounding creepy, I'm dying to know how the writer phrased this bit of dialogue, as well as Megan's reaction. (How do you slap a guy in the face when that's all he is? Whack him in the ribs?))

Geoff Johns was writing. She punched him in uh the face, I guess, then he got angry and shot her with a uh face blast.

Edit: misread it. You asked how, not who. I don't really specifically just like he said something like "Well I'm a giant face and you can shape shift so why don't you heh heh" or something.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish someone was dumb enough to buy digital versions of that run of Teen Titans to actually post the pages.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Have they revealed who the new Thor is yet?
If you care enough to ask, maybe you should read the comic.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Alouicious posted:

WHO BETTER THAN KANYON?

EVERYBODY

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, something like that. And it came off the heavily advertised "wedding of Archie" thing, if I recall, so it was like a bait and switch.

Yeah, Life with Archie isn't the main Archie comic. It's another spin-off. The main Archie comic is just "Archie" though THAT is getting relaunched with Mark Waid writing and Fiona Staples on art for at least the first couple issues. Archie's doing some good stuff lately.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

All the more reason Spidey saw through it so fast!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Grendels Dad posted:

Lots of Spatula City regulars in this thread.

I liked their spatulas so much, I bought the company. :geno:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's Beast? Did everyone just decide they were just going to draw him however and not worry about even being remotely close to on-model?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dude's smoked himself so retarded that he thinks making Mallrats 2 is a good idea.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Does Batman sit at any time in Killing Joke? This is important for its canonicity.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, it's not canon. :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

FredMSloniker posted:

Could be Frank Welker's Dr. Claw voice (which he also used for Darkseid on the Superfriends).

It'd be amusing, I think, to have an issue or two where Darkseid just walks across America. Just walks. Not a single thing the superheroes can bust him for (and some argument to keep them from simply kicking him out of the country, possibly 'if he's here, we can watch him'). Light conversation with the citizenry. Purchasing coffee at a roadside stand. Spend the night at a motel. And all the while the collective law enforcement and vigilante community is going 'what is he up to what is he up to'

Doubly so because when Superman did it, he spent the entire time being an rear end in a top hat to everyone he encountered.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Any halfway large city will numerous Indian restaurants of varying quality. Sorry you were in Iowa, I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When I pick up Berenstein Bears books, I immediately know why novels are garbage which is why I don't read them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Senior Woodchuck posted:

For some reason, Byrne was pissed off when Morrison made that world one of the 52 Earths. I just thought I'd mention that.

Props to Morrison

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uh, actually if you look, the Hulk has never murdered anyone ever.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dacap posted:

The last Ultimate Spider-Man police station gag from #12

That's Hickman dressed as Capt Universe, and I think the two shaking hands are supposed to be Bendis and Marquez

Kong got old fast.

EDIT: You know, I've seen Hickman in person and talked to him a little and I still picture him looking nothing like he actually does, and I don't know why.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Why did the balloon need to be lead-coated?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Darth Vader #4

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Personally, considering that Star Wars has entire planetary systems to set adventures in, I don't understand why they ever felt the need to tell stories set in the distant past like that. I don't give two shits about the "origins of the sith" or the old republic or whatever. Just tell a story of an ex-jedi space smuggler or some poo poo. poo poo's not hard.

They also do that. I think. The fun thing about Star Wars is that it's such an enormous universe and franchise, they can do all those things at the same time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

Lurdiak probably reads a lot of Star Wars comics and books, which tend to be lower key. Like, KOTOR should have been the story of Max Rebo's big break into the Tatooine circuit.

Yo if this was a rhythm game that doesn't require dumb plastic instruments, I'd play the poo poo out of it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Pierson posted:

For those of us who never played either franchise but was aware of how huge they were at one point what was the reason? The hobby they were based on stopped being cool combined with market saturation?
Both are examples of games being forced into being annual franchises where it wasn't really necessary. There's a better argument for Tony Hawk since there's plenty of room for new levels, but with Rock Band and Guitar Hero, it was totally unnecessary what with the advent of DLC. Harmonix tried to make Rock Band 3 more of a platform where new songs can be downloaded without having to buy a whole new game or expansion disc (and even released some songs this year - for a game from 2010), which suggests this was actually pretty successful. The bigger problem was that no one wants fake instruments taking up space in their homes.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Look at those footnotes, they did this on purpose.
I'm not convinced. I'd believe it if Giffen had done the layouts, but without that, I'm not so sure.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

They're definitely trying to do a 90's comics parody there. Though I'll admit it's possible they chose an artist who wasn't in on the joke.
Yeah, I mean, the *writing* is definitely that, I'm just not convinced the art is intentionally lovely.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

The word "racism" only applies when you make incorrect generalizations about real ethnic groups. With fictional races, the author is free to make them whatever he wants. Trouble only starts when your fictional race is meant to be an allegory for a real ethnic group, eg Toydarians are kinda like your stereotypical money-grubbing Jews in space.

At least they get cool spaceships.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He eats his steak well-done because fully cooking it like that breaks down the proteins, requiring fewer calories to digest JUST IN CASE it is his last meal for awhile. Batman: ALWAYS PREPARED.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Was Sonic banned so much as "Stop posting 10 pages of Sonic that's not actually funny"?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She's really looking more like a corpse as of late.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, I mean, you can attach real-world religion to the characters in WicDiv, but it doesn't really track when attached to the mythology of the series - that the gods return every 90 years and seemingly have for all of recorded history. They're gods in a sense that the real world has never known. You could certainly argue that Gillen would have served this better by NOT using the names of real-world gods (or religious beings - whatever you want to call Lucifer), but there's probably some fun to be had by doing so.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It was Gaz-L's avatar before he pissed off CineD.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

She didn't "realize she was wrong," she TOOK A DNA TEST THAT CONCLUSIVELY PROVED THEY WERE COMPLETELY UNRELATED.

gently caress Austen.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Charles Soule's She Hulk would be the last comic left.

But it would just star Jennifer Walters, not She-Hulk.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sadly that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hiddenriverninja posted:

Why can Archie of all things get so crazy?

New Archie EIC wants to make things interesting to all.