Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Kalli posted:

From one of the alternate reality Excalibur specials, I think it's Weird War III which is mostly about Xavier being more evil then Hitler and the Red Skull together.

Oh god, Kitty is branded:gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

Whelp. Spider-Verse continues to justify it's existence today.

Amazing Spider-Man #12

On one hand, it's Leopardon and that's rad. On the other hand, Dan Slott is writing and ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

a cock shaped fruit posted:

I know this isn't the thread for it, so if someone wants to PM me to talk about it - but what is everyones beef with Dan Slott? I am reading Avengers: The Initiative at the moment and I love it. Is the writing going to take some awful turn and make me sad forever?

I don't like his writing. His She-Hulk was fun, but his spider-man doesn't grab me. His ideas work: Spider-ock was great in the hands of other, better, writers, same with the whole Spider-verse idea, Gage and the other writers in the ancillary books are killing it while the main one sucks. Also I find his characters cliched as hell.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Majuju posted:

Meanwhile there's another amazing homage in SEX CRIMINALS #9 but even with a lot of tasteful censoring the dialogue's definitely not for polite workspaces, so unless you work at the saucy dialogue factory :nws: don't click this at work! :nws:
Check who the director and the lube-boy are.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Howard the Duck #2 by Mahmud Azrar

Deadpool #45 by Skottie Young

I want a whole month of Run the Jewels :allears:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'd read a Hydra series, especially if it managed to humanize them.

Hydra Bob, agent of...Hydra.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Servoret posted:

World War Hulk: Aftersmash! - Damage Control #2

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

zoux posted:

Gaylactus, by Phil Jiminez. No idea of the context. I'm assuming Wizard Magazine.

Did Tom of Finland ever do comic books?

The context is that Wizard asked a bunch of gay comic book artist to re-design some superhero costumes (because as we all know, all gay men have the innate abilities to be fashion designers). That was their galactus because, as they said "Doesn't Galactus appears as a different majestic creature to everyone who sees him?"

I think they nailed it.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Lars Blitzer posted:

I'd campaign tirelessly for him to get an Oscar, just for that.

Yeah man, abusing women is the best!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Deadly Class #10
"The was no fart" kills me.

Ms. Marvel #12
Jolly prancing Loki is the best.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Just as Doctor Strange will always sound like Doctor Orpheus to me, Blade will forever sound like Jefferson Twilight, Blacula Hunter.

Doctor Voodoo is Dana Snyder then?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Phylodox posted:

You probably never heard of Hulk.

Banner? I've never even met her!

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Majuju posted:

Spider-Man and the X-Men #4

So is Beast still inverted then? I don't think he's ever been much for name-calling and being dick-ish like in those panels.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Kharmakazy posted:

He was wise talking on the kids show too.. but more like how Kelsey Grammer would talk wise. He'd like.. quote Shakespeare at you about how you done hosed up.

That must've gotten lost in translation then.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

People:

(Obviously an edit)

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Darkseid is the kind of dude that the mere existence of makes it hard for me to believe the DC universe can exist in a recognizable shape compared to our own. There's a guy out there who's basically the Space Devil, is theoretically powerful enough to mop the floor with every hero on earth, and he's pretty publicly known. You'd think that'd impact society a little.

I mean you can make the same argument for a character like Galactus, but his stories actually do have people flipping their poo poo and re-evaluating their worldview when confronted with his existence.

There are thousands of atomic bombs (that we know of) currently trained on major cities around the world. Their launch and safeguards are out-dated at best. Laboratories around the world are creating the next plague with the sole purpose of using it against other nations. People know this.

And yet, you don't see people losing their poo poo about it. We humans have an incredible capability to not care about stuff that doesn't immediately affect us and/or isn't easily visible.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Being that 'tis the season again (and that we don't have a photoshop thread now) here you guys go.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Selachian posted:

I remember when Punisher was first introduced, he used :airquote: mercy bullets because of course you couldn't have him just murdering people left and right. Wonder when they said "aw, screw it" and let him use real bullets.

"Oh, they're mercy bullets. They're just sleeping"

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I don't know why, but Johnny Storm having a "flame" logo is the dumbest thing.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

You'd think there would be more to this, but no. It is exactly as it is described.

From Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Diamond is Unbreakable.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

To get this thread out of Identity Crisis hell--although it's a welcome change from back in 2004 when BSS was divided and half the sub sucked that book's dick relentlessly--here's something that's been making the rounds.

It's tried, it's true, it's vintage Marvel merchandise:

I want every single one of these and I want them now.

I wish we still did the avatar change chains because these are pure gold.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

10 Beers posted:

Well, gently caress me. You...you weren't lying.

I'm gonna go have a drink now.

That was Carol Danver's reaction as well

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

dordreff posted:

using the infinity gauntlet to summon thousands of tiny pots of cream

There's already a comic book Randy Savage

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Senior Woodchuck posted:

Huge delays, plus Kreuger and Ross wanking over Golden Age characters nobody cares about.

The wanking was done on a different room. The Twelve was done by J. Michael Straczynski, Chris Weston, Garry Leach and Chris Chuckry.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

JJJ inventing Twitter discourse

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Is that supposed to be Lump from Sandman?

The dude in red and yellow is the golden age sandman, so it seems like a safe bet.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Bucnasti posted:

I like the follow up bit.

While holding the lasso of truth Superman introduces himself as Clark Kent, while holding the lasso Batman introduces himself as Batman.

That's either a photoshop or some very bad lettering.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Who What Now posted:

Would Doreen lose her powers in the Savage Lands, or is it just Xavier?

She's not a mutant so maybe not? Does the "Savage Land = No Powers" rule apply to every superpower?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Ygolonac posted:

Big, so you can read the fine print.

Sensational She-Hulk #5

Some good jokes here between the gross poo poo.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Follow up to the Judge Dredd chat from a couple of pages ago but it is part of the latest Humble Bundle with a ton of the recent comics for $15.
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/judge-dredd-comics

How's American Dredd?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Panel Pulp is a good fit for this thread https://twitter.com/panelpulp

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

You, an ignorant: Transformers represent capitalism
Me, an intelectual:

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

A Strange Aeon posted:

Who's actually in that picture?
Godzilla
NFL SuperPro
Micronauts
Rom Spaceknight
Shogun Warriors

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

no thank mr skeletal

da share z0ne starts working at marvel.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Jordan7hm posted:

Gentleman Gene sneak a little something thing into the cover.

"ASSPAIN"?

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

Babs getting dissed hard

I think Aquaman getting called a fish fucker is harsher.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Technically, she's correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Adnor posted:

Most Chileans my age that know english learned by playing videogames and watching movies because our education system is bad. My school changed english teacher every year so they always taught the verb to be, nothing else.

I'm pretty sure it's similar in most countries of LatAm.

As a Chilean who also learned English mostly through video games, I can confirm.