Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

quote:

Peter Dager @ppdDota
Nice to work with motivated and positive minded players. Ty @Aui_2000 @SumaaaaiL . Breath of fresh air!!!! You inspire me!

:cawg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kainser posted:

EE was kicked because he lived on the other side of the globe with all the problems that causes, really don't get why people think it was due to any other reason.

(But then again I'm Swedish so :sweden::hf::hitler:)

Probably because Loda himself said he wanted an all-Swedish team.

Loda posted:

I spoke to everyone. And I did have a long talk about. And we decided that we believe more in an all Swedish team, and that has to do with language, but also with synergy. You've done a lot for this team, and sure you have invested a lot, but so has everyone else. Thnx for everything you've done, and for helping us grow as players. And I know for sure that you will find a new team, you are the best at what you do, and I think we have helped you grow as a player aswell. Now you can do anything, and a lot of players will play with you. The reason for us is the nationality issue.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Winter regularly cocasts Chinese Dota with LD.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

IcePhoenix posted:

is there a multicast for this because I want to watch all three games in the next set

Not really but you can multitwitch.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Magical Zero posted:

Goddamn it ehome

Support Riki might not have been the best choice.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

docLeder posted:

Got a link to the interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ylus02GCJk

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

This game. This was the greatest game of Dota 2 ever played.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

TheRat posted:

Envy forgot he had MoM so that deso didnt actually apply -armor :v:

Latest acquired UAM takes precedence, so it does actually apply.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Geight posted:

Ember Spirit felt like the wrong choice but I don't know what they should've had instead.

Ember as a pick was fine, the problem is that their aggresive trilane was a disaster and Super sucked the entire game.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

What the hell happened to Super? He played so poorly every game in the series.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Fauxshiz posted:

Has Aui won more money than EE in this tourney alone?

quote:

Canada EternaLEnVy Jacky Mao $240,953.57

Yes.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Hahaha Aui tried to get Sumail to hold the sword and he refused.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

That Envy tweet is from over a week ago.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Maybe one day, in the distant future, qojqva will be on a real team.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

alansmithee posted:

I'd expect all the money flooding in would work as some sort of stabilizer (especially since with most prize payouts being so topheavy, you need to bet real good) but there's pretty much no stable teams now it seems (although it's likely at least EG and Secret will stay the same until TI5).

I think the money is having the exact opposite effect. It's so ridiculously top heavy that anything other than first place is considered a horrible failure. This has teams and players flopping around hoping some miraculous roster change will suddenly make them the #1 team.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

TheQat posted:

0-10-6 164gpm 1437 what a player

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

HGH posted:

Also pros' attitude to Troll disgusts me. Gets enabled for CM, "oh man he's so good". Slight nerf to Whirling Axes, "worthless". And then they buy shadowblade and Meks on him and oh hey look it sucks. But when you pick actual carries and buy items for him and oh hey look he's "broken". Ugh.
And I don't think the attack speed limit change was important, because games aren't lasting long enough for him to reach it.

The Fervor bug fix was far more important than the attack speed cap increase. It made a huge difference.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kicks PLD via text message, then has him standin. Eternal Envy.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Petey Golfsystem posted:

i love you, nice friendly dota player dominik black^ reitmeier, but your team is loving bad and you're looking kinda stinky lately yourself

It's almost as if Black is a mediocre player that was being carried by 4 of the best players in the world.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Bone3+2+2 out in full force today.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

No Safe Word posted:

what should not be lost in all of this is that whoever runs Empire's twitter account is Very Good At Twitter

https://twitter.com/team_empire

:agreed:

https://twitter.com/team_empire/status/596019191850921985

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

bonewitch posted:

evasion stacks multiplicatively so

0.7 * 0.7 * 0.7 = 0.34 or 34% chance to get hit aka 66% chance to dodge

Butterfly is 35% evasion, so it's 70% evasion.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Only 3 observers? They are going to be hella overworked.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Jamsque posted:

So why is the game stopped right now? Surely it doesn't take this long for all the players and observers to update their game clients.

The servers are lagged to hell because of the massive influx of players the Immortal release brought.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Kanfy posted:

4ASC is one of those teams that on average don't do amazingly well but then they manage to pull big upsets out of nowhere.

Also Trixi is a dad so I'm always happy to see him do well. :unsmith:

Well to be honest, BU played like poo poo in that series. I'm not it can be called an upset. Those stolen Death Wards in the second game were embarrassing. Apparently no one on BU knows you can toggle Voodoo Restoration after casting Death Ward which makes it impossible to steal.

That said, I'm also happy 4ASC is doing well.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

BU was pretty much in full tilt this game, probably from throwing the last one so badly.

Most hilarious moment was Singsing casually walking past Dire's T1 mid tower, in full vision, heading alone into the Dire jungle. He ends up just looking at some camps, then dying to the entire enemy team who began converging on him as soon as they saw him walk past tower. I don't even know what he was trying to do.

TheRat posted:

I say this every time i watch BU, but neqroman really isnt good enough for top level dota.

:agreed:

He always goes for the pubstar super aggressive plays, which is great when they work but most of the time they don't. He died at least 3 times to NIP's counterganks by YOLO blinking into Leshrac immediately when BU's supports came to gank the lane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

SIR FAT JONY IVES posted:

Is Sing_Sing not going to be at Ti5? Did he get kicked out of every team before hand?

He will be there but not as a player.

• Locked thread