Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Infotainment! posted:

Farmers are still mostly idiots.

This really should have been the thread byline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Infotainment! posted:

*receives never ending tax breaks, grants, and other government financial support.

*always votes national because "those bleeding heart faggots are too soft on loving dole bludgers and foreigners mate".

Their disconnect from reality for these two points (which is truly what all of the farmers I met during my two-year stint at boarding school believed) continues to cause me headaches.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ardennes posted:

So how much if a 3 bedroom house in good shape in a decent neighborhood in Auckland?

Hillcrest (which is just over the bridge and about 10 minutes drive to Britomart without traffic) costs about $800k for a 3 bedroom poo poo hole.
We just sold our house and were going to buy another in the same area, but it is pretty much unfeasible if you want to be able to do anything other than sit at home (and that is with both my partner and I making decent incomes - although having a kid does make things tighter).

So yeah, you're hosed.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

Commercial trucks feel the same way about being charged more just because they have a double tyre.

What really appears to be happening there is people trying to do well by the environment with a nice new Golf TDi are being charged the same rate as trucks to subsidize the hauling companies. I have no evidence at all to prove this, but it seems the only logical explanation.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

swampland posted:

No one in new zealand even knows what the gently caress neo liberal means

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Keanu Reeves.

e: holy poo poo. It just dawned on me! How could I have been so blind?!? John Key is The One.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

dusty posted:

Matty Dentith has written a thing on the pride parade protest.

That's Dr. Dentith to you.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

bobbilljim posted:

is he going to get sued by the feelers next

Imagine the shame of getting sued by the worst ever NZ band.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

A human heart posted:

the best NZ music video is either that Skeptics one with the sheep at the meat works or Skuldom - Orgiastic Blasphemy

If I remember correctly, the Skeptics one is the "We pack meat" one that got banned? And I'm guessing the Skuldom one is Sarah in her meat bra.

I have no idea who you are, but I'm sensing a "Goddammit NZ" coming up...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Infotainment! posted:

Challenge him to a duel for his son's hand.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

A human heart posted:

If i was peter dunne i'd be drinking a fair bit as well

I thought he was a complete wowser?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

It's worth noting that even if our media let this go quietly, The Intercept will continue to keep good coverage of this whole thing as their Director of Security is a card-carrying pinko-commie NZer who has spent a good portion of his life being hugely concerned about government spying.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I always relish the opportunity to post this:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

That is what it appears to be, yeah?

E: nevermind. Just his solicitor's name.

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Mar 26, 2015

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I really don't see the point in posting a list of people entirely unrelated to anything noteworthy currently occurring in NZ.
:parrot:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Can anyone give a clear definition of what is defined as "indecent assault"? Sexual assault is called as such, innit?

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I will never tire of looking at this.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Can this be posted on every page, please? TIA.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ivor Biggun posted:

Saw this on Facebook, apparently also since deleted

Well isn't this timely...?

http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/2427247/Tony-Veitch-police-file-released

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Butt Wizard posted:

Timely? From 2009?

Ha! It popped up on my BookFace as some breaking story. I didn't even think to check the publication date.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Butt Wizard posted:

I feel Bob deserves points over Garth George by actually being witty.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ivor Biggun posted:

Newsboy should get a current affairs show

Eating Media Lunch was a current affairs show, pretty much. and it was amazing. It was the best when he managed to convince Angela Dewhassherface to go to press conferences and use her BBC anchor cred to get to the front and then ask questions as "Angela: Eating Media Lunch". They should revive it and bring back Unauthorised History of NZ.
(Also while I'm cheering for Graeme Hill poo poo, I really wish Radio Live would give his midday timeslot back to him. :/)

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

focal ischemia posted:

mediawatch is so great.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

If you people are bored at all this weekend, you should get in on the 54 hours of trivia... http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700363

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Smudgie Buggler posted:

Out of the way of what? Her shoulder?

Grown men shouldn't touch little girls' hair on the street.

Holy gently caress this, a million times over.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

It is quite obviously the free hand of the market correcting a power imbalance.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

swampland posted:

What exactly happened?

2 year old kids were talking during the minute of silence, apparently. Given a child's physiological inability to grasp the gravity of such a concept, this is not a thing that usually upsets anyone.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Speaking of: is it easy to emmigrate to NZ with an accounting qualification? Get me off this drat island.

I work for one of the big four (no I'm not an accountant myself).
If you're actually serious, stick your CV somewhere that I can grab it and I'll throw it in the direction of the appropriate people.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

fong posted:

Unironically I think this one is great and would vote for it on a ballot:

Appropriate as it looks like a meth pipe.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Two meth pipes. It gets better.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

:iceburn:

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ivor Biggun posted:

[e] My dream team would be Henry / Hosking

gently caress you for even suggesting this.

JC should head to Maori TV.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/68927573/police-cleared-over-banks-investigation

NZ police clear NZ police of wrongdoing in case where NZ police clear their old boss and friend of wrongdoing.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

fong posted:

Free market capitalism is dead, says the very wealthy consultant. Oh, I'm sure poor people will be so glad to hear that.

As a big four consultant, their pay ain't that great till you reach the upper echelons.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

fong posted:

My friend who works for BCG started on 90k out of uni, I think she's on 150k now after 4 years. Not exactly at the harsh end of things.

I never said they make you destitute - your friend is certainly on the higher side of what they pay, by the way - but it's not like you're entirely breaking the bank on low 6 figures.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

fong posted:

But ofc that's not their intention in selling the land.

Gotta keep your friends rich, yo.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Ivor Biggun posted:

It's almost like she's being willfully ignorant a complete thundercunt.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I'm really hoping he tries something along these lines: http://downloads.newsok.com/documents/rinehartcartoon.pdf

(Other hilarious comics can be found here: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-4-most-homophobic-comics-ever-created/ )

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

NZAmoeba posted:

I like our current anthem but this would be genuinely awesome

Our anthem is pretty poo poo when compared to the likes of France or what have you. It's so drab. Best way to rectify that is to only do it in Maori from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Had to replace the alternator in it recently.

It was the original, 24 year old alternator.

A Good Car.

Yeah. The alternator is the downfall of that model. The engine will run forever, just don't try and ever jump start it or the alternator will likely pop.
(I've got a '95 that is somehow still going, no matter how hard the missus prays for its death).

• Locked thread