Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Thanks, tbh at the time though I was more worried about the thing falling whilst I was standing on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
It was nice of them to help out though.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Does high speed rail even work with our current track infrastructure?

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Here comes number four

Haha

Robo Captain fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 5, 2016

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
It would be pretty great if medical weed was legal tbh

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
No more housing minister?

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I have a chronic condition and I get to see the rheumatologist in the hospital and get x-rays and mri scans for free it's pretty great.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/pmbillenglish/status/826941656196796417

Go gently caress yourself

E: x2

https://mobile.twitter.com/pmbillenglish/status/826941555239854080

Robo Captain fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Feb 2, 2017

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Bulldoze Cuba st imo.

Heritage buildings and earthquakes don't mix.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

You have to look after heritage buildings because so much of modern architecture is just design fads that only look good on paper and in the first five years.

OK that's cool but they will probably fall down and kill someone.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Does she even want the job though?

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Yeah but it's not changing until 2040 though.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

How is this the real world

Lol that guy is probably going to have a position in the next government.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I wonder what all the current/former/wannabe army people I known are going to think of this.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
This is pretty anecdotal but I know 7 couples under 30 who own a house. They live in the Hutt though.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Bye.

https://mobile.twitter.com/janepatterson/status/877335305044414464

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
How the gently caress is $570k+ considered affordable?

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I'm not sure how affordable housing is supposed to work given how overvalued the market is and no developer is going to sell for less than market value.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
She's a

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Bishop pretty much acted like he was the Hutt South MP prior to last election anyway, given that he actually spends time there getting stuff done (whether said stuff is actually worth anything, who knows?).

Bishop is really good at show up to various community events getting his photo taken and leaving shortly afterwards.

He's also had billboards up all year round so everyone knows who he is and I doubt many had heard of Ginny Andersen before the billboards went up.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
That extra $50 a week Metiria Turei used to put herself through uni and consequently move into higher paying work, while raising a child, sounds like a good investment to me.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

oohhboy posted:

Whelp, there goes my vote for the Greens and their likely demise as a party. Who knew they the country would poo poo themselves so hard over $50 a week.

ftfy

Fake edit: Actually it's pretty obvious that would happen in hindsight.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I would think the industry the grows our food would be popular with goons.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I swear to God every day I go out to buy lunch Chris Bishop is standing on the same corner handing out his leaflets. It doesn't do my appetite any good.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I also saw Ginny on the other side of the road handing out her own flyers, she seemed quite nice and wasn't at all fazed when I said my party vote was going to the Greens.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
1000bux a year

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

SurreptitiousMuffin posted:

Colmar Brunton:

Labour 44%
National 40%
Green 7%
NZF 6%
TOP 2%

I want to believe

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Owned.
https://twitter.com/Josh__NZ/status/908257031496200192

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Gonna be a Nat-NZF government imo

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Dammit Jacinda why'd you get my hopes up.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Bishop is gonna win Hutt South. I blame them changing the boundary to let the rich dickheads on the hills vote.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
I promised my mate I'd get up early and help him paint I don't know what I was thinking.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Wandle Cax posted:

How the gently caress can anyone like chris bishop

He's reasonably charismatic, young, good at engaging with the electorate and has been campaigning for the last 3 years straight. :shrug:

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
So what is everyone gonna do with their tax cut?

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Everyone thought Winnie was going to go with Labour back in '96 and he used it as leverage when negotiating with National.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Did you suggest they find writers without poo poo opinions?

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
It's a comment from the herald article.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
He's having a meltdown on twitter about it.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Goodbye twitter haters.

The putrid vile smell of twitter bile is laid out at the very bottom.

Just a few examples of the intolerance, hatred and madness when a very small bunch of permanently aggrieved groupies start violently punching their keyboard.

It's an awfully angry, abusive and ultimately sad little hangout from hell.

And it's got angrier. And more feral. I've been told to 'suck a dick, that I'm a 'c @"& and a f@ukwjt.

I usually genuinely enjoy interaction online and it's good that journos and the public can reach out and talk and get conversations going. That's who I am. I pride myself on accessibility and being approachable and genuine unlike so many who simply couldn't give a toss.

Calling me a racist bitch is lazy and lame and clearly it shows people don't know me at all. Nor do they have any idea about my life. Twitter here is an angry child full of self-appointed wana-be intellectuals that believe they're truly superior. But many of these people hide cowardly behind anonymity. Gutless. These people are abusers, verbal abusers. So I am out. I will use the extra time on myself and kids. No problem there. I have no intention of hanging around and will leave twitter as soon as I hit the dump button.

Facebook comments recently have been nasty too. Last week a truly horrid man on FB attacked Ingrid Hipkiss's ankles. What a prick. The list goes on. I'd never welcome that into my house so why should I let it into my life at all.

Immigration, population and planning is crucial and we have to get it right. I stand by all that. This week is mental health week and online bullying is rife in NZ but seriously some people on twitter need to review how they engage before they do some serious damage.

The totally inaccurate assumptions on twitter today were just hopeless and when you point that out they point to something else.

Twitter lost me today because twitter and its people have no idea about me and my bi-lingual kohanga and Kura kids, the immigrant neighbourhood I live in and my boy's school where 55 languages are spoken and my wife is dedicated to the mainly immigrant community as a teacher aide - she treats and loves all those kids and new arrivals with total love and warmth.

And they are my son's friends. Good bye twitter and the angry aliens that populate your echo chamber. I suggest you book yourself in for anger management counselling. I've done it. I hope you're humble enough to look in the mirror and think about your approach. Are you being the best version of yourself? Bye.

I refuse to post the c-bomb one.

Twitter hate: This below is from the @selfcarebastard (so bravely and cowardly anonymous)

oh hello @DuncanGarnerNZ you racist little bitch

This serial offender - Giovanni Tiso

While I'm here, and I know it's been touched upon, but speaking as an immigrant, and with all due respect: @DuncanGarnerNZ, go gently caress yourself

@snarkymcsnarkface (another gutless anonymous tough guy) calls me a white supremacist

Really running the white supremacy lines strong today Tat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
Someone needs a safe space

• Locked thread