Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

I still can't believe the Texans didn't make a move for Bridgewater.

They got trolled so loving hard. I'm still laughing about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that owned.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

FINGERBLASTER69 posted:

This public making GBS threads on Manziel is getting out of hand. The last QB to get this treatment was Josh Freeman and look what happened to him.

I pretty much agree with this. He's literally getting Tebowed and he's only started 1 game as far as I know. At least give the guy a season before you toss his rear end into the hole.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

football fuckerman posted:

The problem I have with this is that not every alcoholic is the Classic Pathetic Alcoholic who keeps a whiskey bottle in the bathroom so they can take shots the moment they wake up, and they can't possibly be sober at any moment. Johnny is evidently an alcoholic but that doesn't mean he was showing up to games drunk. It would still be a problem for him in indirect ways, like he wasn't studying the playbook very much so he didn't know the plays well enough. I just don't think that stereotypical hardcore alcoholics like you see in movies are the only kind of alcoholics, i guess

There is such a thing as a functional alcoholic, wherein the person cannot actually function like a normal human being without being boozed up. Without booze, they become sweaty, beady-eyed, volatile, pathetic balls of poo poo.

See, Dennis Leary.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Burn on Dennis Leary out of nowhere

I don't think he would see it as a burn, I'm pretty sure it's a confessed thing with him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:cawg:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Zima, Smirnoff

Hehehe, loving Zima...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Quiet Feet posted:

So in this alternate universe the NFL is actually the Arena League?

The thousand-yard stare on the Browns one makes me think of Tonydungystaring.gif

Edit:

Staring Dungy taken from Draw Play #43.

:magical:

Now add his son swinging in the background.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That all felt like a trap, Mel. Are you trapping people now?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Team switching jokes are too easy, and I've owned you before with one, but I don't read the farthouse so hopefully I'll arrive at the ultimate own independently

:dogbutton:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

2007 called. It wanted to let you know that sometimes there just aren't any good QBs.

Hey, Kevin Kolb was pretty okay for a while in the NFL, sir! :colbert:

Had the Browns drafted him, he would have been the best QB drafted by the Browns in my lifetime.

Kevin Kolb.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I was about to post a link to the new Browns logo and have it be Goatse but then I realized you guys would not know it was a joke

Metalinked to goatse.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Goatse is a pretty pristine photo. Pretty sure the Browns are Tubgirl.

You would think, but no, no Tubgirl is actually the Browns' fanbase.

edit: The butthole, obviously, being the Browns.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

The best QB the Texans have ever drafted is

It's unironically TJ Yates.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crazy Ted posted:

They also drafted Johnny Unitas.

And cut him during his first preseason, because they thought he would never be smart enough to quarterback an NFL team.

That team drafts so well, even their gently caress-ups are hall of famers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

So, not really anything important changed...

I find it super hard to believe they even bothered to hype this change.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I bet it has the big-rear end, cartoony dog face right above the numbers on the chest.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Coming up on first take, we ask Skip and Stephen A what they think of allegations that the Browns' recent shift to a redder orange hue was the result of pressure from one Johnny Manziel, who possibly took offense to the similarities between the old shade of orange and Longhorn colors. But first we want to hear what you think America, hit us up at hashtag primadonnajohnny

#primajohnna should be a legit campaign.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fenrir posted:

Yeah, talk about poo poo in general is probably more appropriate here than anywhere else on SA right now. Even FYAD.

For sure, 2girls1cup is a Browns Cheerleading recruitment film.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

Well he's trying to make a comeback so...

:staredog:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

is it me or is there a big gap between the O and W on that black hoodie?

i think that's one of the drawstrings, and without it the W would fill most of that space

Peak

Off

Season

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

cucka posted:

Majestic "Draft Me 7th" shirt. add round to that, and I'll show up at the draft. This year, we can have TWO Mr. Irrelevants!

E: And with the 199th pick, The Browns pick some drunk a hobo spoke fondly of from the gallery.

Then the Price is Right "COME ON DOWN" music hits.

I was thinking "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

Have they? They've had some recent terrible reaches and then a bunch of mid-round picks that were highly unlikely to work out.

2014 - Manziel, 1st round (22nd pick)
2012 - Weeden, 1st round (22nd pick)
2010 - McCoy, 3rd round
2007 - Quinn, 1st round (22nd pick)
2005 - Frye, 3rd round
2004 - McCown, 4th round
2000 - Wynn, 6th round
1999 - Couch, 1st (1st overall)

The only guy on that list that isn't a reach is arguably Quinn. And Couch, who's ruination is Cleveland's own fault.

Cleveland needs to stop picking quarterbacks at 22nd! There's a reason those guys fell that far.

Can't think of where to post this, but this seems apt.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

people thought manziel would

To be fair, TFF thought he was a boom/bust at best.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Volkerball posted:

There were quite a few people that were in his corner as gently caress here. After the Duke game, the draft thread turned into a cess pool.

Like this guy:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

We're talking Quinn right? At the time (this is important) he was a quarterback who performed well against holy poo poo USC and everyone else running a pro style offense with oh my god Charlie Weis mentoring him. His arm wasn't elite but it wasn't post-surgery Pennington or anything. In theory he should have been ready to step in quickly and be adequate with room for growth.

Now that didn't happen for sure and I hope we've all learned Charlie Weis is at most an OC at any level and you shouldn't listen to him unless he's calling a play, but other than hating Notre Dame quarterbacks I can't remember exactly why everyone thought he was utter poo poo back then.

Pretty sure we're still talking Manziel.

Gritty been drinkin'.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

LEGO Genetics posted:

and it took until this recent season to finally have a QB start all 16 games :shepicide:

I really home this Carr works out for you guys :ohdear:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can we push off collectively buying into Johnny being a Weedon-sized bust until next year?

Maybe this is just me, but it's annoying to watch the evisceration a guy whose only failure was being unable to bail out one of the worst franchises in the NFL over the last 3 games of the season.

I'm betting this is the wrong thread for optimism of this nature.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I agree it's too early to declare Johnny a bust, but let's not downplay how awful he was and the fact that the Browns were over .500 when he took over. They have huge management and front office issues, but on the field they weren't one of the worst franchises in the NFL this year. and he played like raw dogshit for sure

Laughed a little too hard at this. I'm a 12 year old or something.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

warcrimes posted:

Gives an added dimension to "Manziel-sized". I like it, well done.

Can't wait for the inevitable Drew Brees/Johnny Manziel comparisons surrounding every short college QB for the rest of loving time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

I agree but its still dumb.

Really the Browns were one of the worst fits for Johnny. He needed the Cowboys or someone to pick him.

Yeah, he needed the Rodgers treatment. Sit on a team behind an established QB for a couple of years.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don't think an arrogant alcoholic gloryboy is the kind of person who flourishes while riding the bench either

It might have given him some perspective. Romo would have taught him how to party and then bring it during practice.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Yeah, the Titans definitely have the worst roster in the NFL right now. The total decline of the team the last few years could probably deserve its own thread, no one would read it however

The Falcons could probably give you a run for the money, outside of like 2 guys.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

@KevinKleps
The Browns sent an alert to the media that the big uniform unveil will be held from 6-8 p.m. at the Cleveland Convention Center on April 14
There will be an "orange carpet" event a 6, and WEWS will broadcast live from 7-8 p.m. Will be streamed on # Browns' website, too.

@RuiterWrongFAN
For skeptical fans after "logo" fiasco, # Browns changed more than just a stripe or shade of orange; 3 new jerseys, 2 pants to be unveiled

Boooo, loving Browns just Brownsed the best football in the league.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Why don't the Browns just say "gently caress it" and tank until they get the #1 pick?

I remember in battlefield 2, there was a medal called "Purple Heart" given for earning a 1 to 20 KD ratio. You had to die twenty times in a single match to earn this reward. It took me a couple of hours to suck badly enough to earn this medal.

Although I believe the Browns are capable of being bad enough to get the first overall selection, I also believe they're capable of loving up when TRYING for it.

But lets be honest with each other; there's no way they'd make the correct pick.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

So far the browns have signed two qbs and a wr and still don't have answers at either position.

:browns:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yea

yeah it's a very Dolphins friendly contract. If we go through another "oh hey a shithead player cheap shot our new toy out of a season!" Situation like last year were not really hurt. Just don't schedule a team with DJ on it (SHOTS FIRED INTRUDER!)

For real, gently caress DJ Swearinger. He was my nomination in the 2014 Douche-offs.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/brian-baldinger/245600

Baldinger mocks Mariotta to the Browns at 12, lol

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Bryce Petty?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mst3kmann posted:

Looks like the Browns could be on Hard Knocks, they don't have the option of turning it down.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/03/cleveland_browns_are_front-run.html#incart_more_sports

Johnny loving Football is about the only thing I'd want on Hard Knocks.

I hope the Browns sign Sam too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

They can.

But the boring Falcons will just volunteer again and gently caress it all up.

God I hope not...

• Locked thread