Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I played esea today. Got my butt whooped by roca and frozt. It was a lot of fun. Then went and dropped a 30 bomb on face it. Won my Cevo match too. So if you suck like me, play esea to get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I made it to master guardian! I took a break from matchmaking and played about 20 games of ESEA. Love getting called a shitspawn but it's OK, just mute and try to do my best! The key for me on going up from gold novas to MG was simply just aiming a little bit better and focusing on getting the extra bullet to go in the right place. Add in a little pre-fire, I learned like 2 additional smokes per map, and it's all gravy!

DMG here I come next!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

trying to jack off posted:

nothing i love more in my paid esea games than a poo poo player who mutes everyone!

Nothing I love more in my paid games is getting told to kill myself in real life. Potato, potatoh.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Set up some keybinds to buy your common weapons. Problem solved. Numpad is not used for anything unless you're one of those compact keyboard users.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
coolest thing about ESEA is you get to play with pros every now and then as a scrub. I'm MG2-DMG territory and I've played game vs. frozt, roca, etc and definitely gotten my rear end kicked but honestly I was having fun.

just got placed into a game with ptr from CLG. he said i'm the man :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Audax fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 4, 2015

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Elman posted:

Welp, I'm Silver 6 and aiming for Nova but I'm noticing my biggest problem right now is I'm terrible at close range encounters. I can aim fine at mid-long distance but when I approach a door and someone rushes in ADADing like crazy at close range I just die cause I can't make large movements like that quick enough with a sensitivity this low (even though it's still pretty high, 1.5 at 800 dpi).

Guess what I'm saying is I need to get good :negative:

This map popped up on reddit today. One thing that catapulted me from low novas to much higher was just realizing that I was afraid of spraying. I would check the death recap and see that I did 80-90 damage, which meant that I wasn't finishing my spray completely and trusting my aim.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419404847

Give that a shot. Think about the corners you peek and when you get a jump on someone don't be afraid to unload 6-8 bullets into him.

And at that sensitivity, try gripping your mouse fully. I believe it's called palm grip. Literally grip it with as much of your hand as you can and just drag it across your mousepad.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

mcvey posted:

Tbf the game is poo poo right now and it's because of Valve. Like it's really really bad. This is coming from someone who defended GO during beta/release. Valve is a bad dev and they should just hire some pros/ex-pros to fix it.

Too bad no one else has developed a successful competing game to force Valves hand.

We had this. It was called CS PRO MOD and it was poo poo.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Loutre posted:

Did GTA releasing somehow gently caress up the Matchmaking servers?

My group of all east-coast guys have now played 3 games in a row of comp on west coast servers vs. all west coast people, 120+ ping each for us.

Glad to see that its not just me. I was at 120 ping all night last night no matter what, even when DMing, and max search ping set to 70.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
You guys remember just how huge the crosshair gap was in 1.6? I just booted the game up and holy cow I didn't realize I was playing with such a narrow crosshair. I almost want to switch in CSGO just to see how I perform.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
All of my self worth is tied into video game flair how dare Volvo do this to me

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I just built a new PC and can play the game now at everything maxed with 250-300 FPS. My RWS has jumped up by 3 points over the last 2-3 days and everything is so much smoother. Very nice!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Jesus that's what it was. I thought it was just my new computer/mic, but it was the codec. It's very nice.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Had a wonderful game with some DMGs and LEs to finally rank up to the badge!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Did you really need external help to show you to pull down just a tiny bit when spraying your 20th bullet into someone? Don't you play this game enough as it is to pick up on it?

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I've been playing vs higher level DMG and LE players and it just seems that there's really suspicious behavior going on. I'm talking accounts with 10 hours topfragging with 40 kills. I'm reserving judgment and just updating my vacstat.us list, but it's been somewhat annoying since you're never too sure especially when it's 4-5 games in a row where it feels that way. I guess that's part of the challenge of playing in some of these higher ranks, you'll face people who are better. It also means that the LEM/SMFC players have secondary accounts which fall right into my range for when they just want to relax.

Another side-effect of these ranks is that my teammates just don't want to have fun with this game. They're hyper-aggressive when something doesn't go right and don't lighten up. That's probably just the competitive nature of the game. I just have a lot more enjoyable experience if people don't rag on each other if a kill is missed.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Looking at my vacstat.us list and no surprises, the times where I really didn't believe the poo poo I was seeing - VAC bans everywhere. Is it just that common to face 5 stacks with one obvious cheater? Hell, everyone throws in $3 and they all get boosted to LE/LEM+ easy.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Just canceled my ESEA subscription for CEVO MVP. gently caress that poo poo.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Welp, suspended from CEVO for like 3 days because I kicked a guy for being AFK the first 3 rounds. Nice.

Audax fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 26, 2015

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Now you can see everyone's rank in MM.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Worst bug is when you throw a smoke grenade and dummy terrorist yells out "THROWING FLASHBANG" argggghhhhhhh

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Key to ranking up: never ever buy deagle. Any other pistol can actually hit people. Hell run at them knifing because you'll probably connect more times than with that shitccannon.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

The deagle is stupidly easy to use once you realize you don't need to wait 5 seconds for the perfect shot to reset and that your first shot is, in fact, made to dink people with.

Even with practice, I never feel like a deagle shot had anything to do with skill, just all luck.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

RoanHorse posted:

ESEA developed a feature for their mandatory anti-cheat software that would let users datamine as part of their collective and receive a greater cut of the returns on doing so than they would get if they used any of the more public services available for those operations. The motivation for the development of the feature was that ESEA adherents were likely to have high-end GPUs which are more efficient for bitcoin mining.
The feature was scrapped by an executive but somebody left it in, made it into an automated process with no way of opting out, and had all the mined data associated with their addresses so they could pocket all the profit. They got fired when this was found out iirc

Except it was not just left in by a rogue admin. lpkane knew about it and authorized it.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

mcvey posted:

No but yes

http://nj.gov/oag/newsreleases13/E-Sports_Complaint_Consent-Judgment.pdf

Hi! Read point 31. You know what, maybe read the whole thing. I'm curious what kind of mental gymnastics people still perform trying to defend this lovely company.

They have no controls in place whatsoever and no respect for you or your personal data. If you wanna keep giving money to someone who has a history of straight going through your computer and taking your files then you have nothing to complain about if poo poo goes down.

Audax fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jun 2, 2015

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
edit:disregard

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Xenoith posted:

OW and VAC get almost all hackers now, in fact a major reason I decided to stop raging is because I burned through like 5 accounts. You don't have to believe it, my account won't get banned now and I'll be a LEM soon despite how much you want to be in denial. rip

Nobody gives a poo poo. Only you! I guess you feel like you have to prove it to yourself or something????????

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm Akumos!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Yes but first he must overcome his greatest challenge, learning how to open and watch a demo.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

W00t! Got demolished CT-side at A but kept doing enough damage and proper calls = rank-up.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Them vidya games is serious business

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm eagle and sometimes play on my mge smurf just to relax. Everyone in that rank range can be good enough if they just work on their game sense a wee bit.

When you die, you say what needs to be said and shut up. Literally the only thing I need so I can trade/rotate. The amount of chatter is just ridiculous. That's 75% of the problem. The other 25% is aim which just generally means reaction timing... Which is tied into game sense which is tied into communication....

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Anyone else us a fat rear end crosshair? Compared to most people, this seems excessive.

But I find it easier to focus on the empty space rather than one simple dot.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
It's a jump throw bind. Do you have the jumpthrow bind set up? Also aim at the dead center of the rug.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Carol Pizzamom posted:

Buy a helmet vs CTs or if they saved things that don't one hit headshot

Don't buy a helmet against full AKs and AWPs or if you're super poor or something

This is dumb advice. Does your retarded rear end want to get glocked in the face? Because that's how you get glocked in the face.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/audax

Looking for someone to buddy up with and do this drat Guardian mission. Will take 10 minutes of your time. Send me a friend invite. Thanks!

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
My smurf is higher than my main O_O. Mac 10 does wonders.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

nosl posted:

So, is it pretty much impossible to get out of guardians/novas with 4 pubbies? I have pretty much no friends to speak of even though I bought this game for 3 old friends, none of them talk to me anymore and I really am trying to get better at this game, but I got demoted from MG2 to GNM in a day, topfragging every game, because the pubbies I got matched with were downright -bad-. I was doing nothing wrong, and I have been consistently topfragging except for one or two games where I did more than break even and there was one other guy topfragging.

I realize this game isn't about kills, and I always lead every rush t side, always am the first to throw my face in the fight, always risk my life for teammates, always go for the objective, etc, and it's seriously obnoxious to play in this manner, still topfrag and get more kills and a better ratio than people trying to killwhore in guardians, and then still get demoted, sometimes consistently. My sensitivity IS way too high, but at the moment, I'm more concerned with how I can play completely competently minus sensitivity, always go for objective, never killwhore, still topfrag, etc, when I'll play with teammates who never or rarely go for the objective, never listen when told to eco (or only listen half the time), etc, etc, etc, and still get demoted. I got promoted to MG1 and MG2 on ties. It's this kind of bullshit that makes me want to stop playing. I've been playing since CS:S.

What can I do to make sure this never happens again? I didn't mind the demotion to MG1, but going back to novas is loving frustrating.

The irony here is that the lower you go, the worse your teammates are. Yes, I can probably carry every game, still lose 30%, and make it back to MG1 and MG2, but I am tired of relying on teammates, playing correctly, etc, when they just killwhore and never go for the objective, never coordinate any pushes or ecos correctly, etc. It feels like I'm in silver league.

Solo queue is absolutely doable; me and plenty of others have gotten to higher ranks doing it that way. While I believe you're trying to do these things; I think you probably still have a long way to go in your executions.
Throwing your face into the teamfight isn't always the best option, especially if you're having the troubles you're talking about. How good are you at counting enemy team money? Do you use SMGs/pistols at any point past the 3rd round (If not, you should)? Do you know all your smokes? Do you know all your popflashes/flashes? What maps do you play? What's your warmup routine? How good is your spray/burst? How good is your tracking?
When do you stop playing?
What information do you communicate and how do you communicate it to your teammates?
When you're in clutch situations, what do you do and why? Does being in a 1v2 worry you? How about 1v3?

At the end of the day, there's always things you can improve. Sure you may be topfragging, but you're not carrying. Look at your demos and see why you died, not why you lost.

Audax fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 21, 2015

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

nosl posted:

I also suck at spraying FWIW. My callouts are bad if it isn't D2 or Inferno.

At the start of the round I press tab (I don't know if there's a better way to check team money, if so, flame on) and look at my team's economy, and then I look at the top of their heads to see what weapons they have. I typically prefer the AK or M4A4 to any other weapon, but if my team is hurting financially I sometimes will buy a UMP or something else if it means I can save a little bit of cash for the next big buy, since I'd prefer to have a full kit of flashes, smokes, HE, and molotov if T side (I probably should look into buying fire nades on CT side more, I usually get two flashes, HE, and smoke on CT side which is probably bad practice). Obviously, if my team is ecoing, I eco, and if they are buying, this is what I'm talking about. I'll do a full buy 90% of the time, but if we are doing very well sometimes I will try to save the SMG I have from round 2-3 like I said previously. I didn't think this was bad.

I appreciate your brutally honest advice. Thanks. I'll post a demo later on but I'm honestly afraid of what will be said considering my flashes all are meh, my popflashes are laughable, my HEs are bad, my sprays are bad, and my sensitivity is bad. Not that I'm afraid of being told I'm bad, but I'm more afraid in the way it will be said. I might work on getting used to a new sensitivity before I post a demo. I think my sensitivity will be a bit different since my mouse has hardware-adjustable sensitivity (DPI? I don't know poo poo about mice, just keyboards.) I have a roccat kone pure optical mouse and I claw grip on the 3rd lowest sensitivity on my mouse. My sensitivity is way too high ingame, though.

Its good that you recognize some of these things, because these are all things that can be worked on. One thing you'll start noticing is that higher ranks than you are just quicker in everything they do. Theyre more efficient with their nades, sprays, etc. Throw up a demo and well see if we can help.

At every level youll die in stupid ways and just see dumb poo poo happen. Going back and watching where you died and recognizing your mistakes can go a long way.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I'm trying to dump out some duplicate cheapo skins I got from opening lovely cases because I am a lovely person. Is there a Chrome extension that's safe that will let me just select a bunch of stuff and sell on market for $0.05 less than the current lowest bid?

Or should I just do that dumb weapon contract and/or bet it all on underdogs on CSGL?

Audax fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Kazinsal posted:

I sit here at MG1 because trying to coordinate pubbies is just loving horrendous and I don't know any people to queue with except for one friend who lives in Alaska and thus as ridiculous ping even to US West servers.

Stop coordinating and work on your aim/reaction time/ability to kill 2-3 people per round. Learn one smoke per site. Easy 2 ranks that's :10bux: advice

• Locked thread