Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I want to believe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is not clickbait. Bruce Willis died years ago and what you see in movies these days is a living flesh husk.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Atticus_1354 posted:

I have always been curious about this as well. I try to tip in cash but sometimes I don't have small enough bills.

I got better tips for cards than cash when I worked there. It’s easier for people to write a 10 on a slip than hand me one.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Aphrodite posted:

Okay wait, $5 on $50 is a decent delivery tip? Have I been way over tipping?

More is better.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

rodbeard posted:

It was allegedly supposed to be a take down of toxic masculinity but they didn't bother to show any downside to a bunch of young white men getting together and carrying out terrorist attacks.

Most adults can understand this. It’s not the movies responsibility to teach idiots that what they did was bad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s the fear of getting it spat on.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

When someone posts a YouTube video about something that's 10+ minutes long, without a timecode for the important bit.

I get it, I've got the attention span of a gnat, but there are times when I just want to see the part you're talking about.

So skip to it.

If someone put time into making a video (even dumbfucks like the Paul brothers) they don’t want you watching half of it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Magic Hate Ball posted:

People who don’t know how to close doors quietly, especially when it’s late. You can turn the handle when you’re closing it, and you don’t have to ram it into the frame. Don’t just fling it behind you.

I try to be super sneaky at night so I don’t wake my roommates, but I always like, slam into the open door or a dog gate lying around.

That’s my pet peeve. Being a clumsy gently caress who doesn’t have night vision.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pet Peeve: Requiring a college degree to edit video as a job. Mother fucker I've been doing this for half of my life, I can edit you something rad. I don't need no degree. But yet...ahhh.

Pet Peeve 2: The repetitive nature of my job hunting. Which is, look for editing job, get locked out for lack of degrees, get frustrated, panic, find lovely job, have panic attacks the entire time, leave, have no money, start again.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Midig posted:

Anyone who claims they need music or entertainment to sleep. Dumbass, you need the lights off and a bed.

Pet Peeve, Anxiety.

Solution- music to get my mind away from my issues.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MagusofStars posted:

I’m convinced people who say this have never seriously tried the alternative - hey man, I tried a quiet dark room that one time and it didn’t work. Therefore, I am clearly the unicorn exception to thousands of years of human circadian rhythms and everything science knows about sleep.

Okay.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sorta same. I love the Last Jedi and the reaction of it made talking about Star Wars so boring and made me realize how cyclical this poo poo is. There will always be another movie and will always ruin Star Wars.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I did that with American Vandal, and yet I still didn’t spoil it for myself despite watching half the second to last episode.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

It's not a huge peeve of mine, but I'm mildly annoyed about campaigns to save canceled TV shows. It's not that they don't work, or anything, far from it. It's that they succeed just enough that the fans of practically every canceled show thinks it'll work, even when they generally don't.

I mean, great if it works, but most of the time it's obvious that a canceled show ain't coming back.

I waited over 15 years and now my favorite show came back as a comic book, and now a TV movie. Never thought it would, but enough people made noise to cause it to come back.

It’s always worth doing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

Because it normally doesn't work, and is (generally) about bubble shows that makes their cancelation not much of a surprise in the first place. I'd rather not have the double sting of losing a show and demonstrating why it was cancelled by trying and failing to get it picked up elsewhere.

Sometimes it does work??

Like now more shows are getting reboots or movies or whatever. Think about all the shows that were cancelled with a huge fan base that found life elsewhere?

You have Firefly which got a theatrical movie, Arrested Development which got two more seasons on Netflix, Community which was on Yahoo, Twin Peaks which came back on Showtime and was directed by David Lynch and starred like 95% of the original cast.

Maybe 5 years ago this is true. But now you have a good chance of seeing the things you like come back in style.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It works for the shows that matter.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MORE LIKE OLD CARELESS!!!

Finally

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Zim comic owns. And I’m happy it exists as well as a new TV movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Anyone whose first words when they call you is "it's me", particularly if it's someone you don't have stored in your phone or they are calling a landline. Stop doing that.

Stupid rear end Adele!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

He was afraid of losing his show

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

I'd encourage you to re-read the post; specifically the part where someone knows what I'm talking about because it's an item available at every Starbucks location.

Is it like the McGangBang where it’s a thing but only certain people know them? It’s possible that Oreo thing isn’t in the training video. Maybe it’s just a weird off menu item that the managers or some people know.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Um excuse me but it’s low class and we all know how gross THEY are amirite!???

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s the lower class part that peeves me. Ugly I can get, but there’s no reason to hate on poor people for some lights.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MisterBibs posted:

Man, you actually defended having cord hell behind your computer. Defending an aesthetic thing is either liking said thing, or disliking me for saying it.

Its OK to like things I don't like. :)

Dawg it’s the low class comment that is the problem. You’re making GBS threads on poor people in a poor neighborhood for no reason. That’s the lovely part.

You can not like the wires or the look and that’s fine. But how you described it is the issue here.

So pet peeve, people who don’t get that they’re saying hosed up things.!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Red Bull is my spirit animal.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Caffeine mellows ADD apparently. It makes no drat sense. So does nicotine apparently which also makes your body metabolize caffeine more quickly. I read somewhere that that's why people with heavy duty ADD or ADHD tend to chug coffee and smoke.

Oh my god.

I feel so much calmer after I drink a Red Bull, now I know why

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ADHD/ADD exists and a lot of people have it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes. I’m just saying that’s the reason for it.

Or they flat out don’t care about movies or tv shows, which in fact most people don’t.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ooh. My pet peeve is when you use Facebook for what it’s supposed to be for, being a networking site for your friends, and you ask everyone

“Hey! Want to join me at ____?”

And people like it. That’s not an answer though!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It is yeah. Unless it’s a joke post. If it’s a serious post it’s some hosed thing intended to get a rise out of you.

Also I don’t mind if reactions are to statements but I hate them when it comes to questions.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Thin Privilege posted:

Or “may-m.” It’s “meem.” How do you know the English language so badly that you don’t know how things sound when they’re written.

May-may

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Theres no rules for editing. It’s all about the pacing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

mojo1701a posted:

The phrase "no worries." I don't know why, but it's really terrible. Every time someone says it, I want to respond with, "Eh, quite a few worries, actually" in my best Larry David voice.

Also when someone calls me "boss".

There's nothing inherently wrong with asking to speak to a manager. I mean, the whole point is that a manager may have discretion that regular floor staff might not have and it's not worth wasting their time. The problem arises when a customer has an attitude about it.

I say no worries all the time.

No worries though.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Holding the door open for people is very good.

I have a lot of social anxieties but I won’t put the blame on other people.

Although I was at a bar with some friends and they went on the dance floor and I hung back chilling not bothering anyone, and some bro guy came up to me and started being all “ooh what up dood aw poo poo yeah dood!” Cheersing me and stuff. Which is whatever fine.

But then he wouldn’t let me go to the bathroom, which was across the dance floor, unless I danced for him. He was shoving me back. It was weird.

Let me be awkward by myself douche!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teenytinymouse posted:

Sorry that happened to you :(

I’m cool with it. I can laugh it off most of the time. However upon doing that impression of that person, I was walking up to the next bar and handing the bouncer my card and he assumed I was completely wasted to the point of eyeing me and telling me to get water and having the whole staff look at me.

I was fine-ish. Like yeah, def drunk but not the drunk he was assuming. drat frat boy impressions haha.

But yes I also get kinda worked up over people mis treating people. It drives me bonkers. I almost yelled at this dude at the restaurant I worked at for making one of the servers cry over a loving pizza. I was about to quit too but I just couldn’t do it.

I’m working there again now after quitting so if that happens again I will yell at someone. I don’t give a poo poo. No one should get away with that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AlphaKretin posted:

If you bring a crying baby on an overnight flight, it's your responsibility to do more to shut it up so the rest of us can sleep than ineffectually going "ssh!" once every 30 seconds.

Like what, throw it out of the plane?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I almost had to get rid of my dog because I couldn’t find a place to live that would allow him due to how kinda hosed up he was. Super anxious, would bite people to “protect” people, also marked everywhere.

But I kept him, till the bitter end, which wasn’t long after.

gently caress you if you get rid of your pets imo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teenytinymouse posted:

On the other hand actually gently caress you as well if you get and keep an animal that you can't cope with. My friend was telling me his neighbour just got an 18 month old Visla that was returned to his breeder because the people who originally paid a poo poo ton of money for this dog then realised they couldn't be bothered with the exercise a high energy pup needs. But now he gets to go on 3k runs every morning with a chill dude. They're still dickheads like but more responsible than to keep him.

I guess this makes sense too. Puppies are no joke to take care of. If you’re not willing to put in the work, get an older dog.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

When people don't give your enough information about how to do something when you tell them you're new to all this. And then get mad at you when you didn't do it the way they wanted. Really starts up my anxiety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s just insane to me that people think everyone’s on the same level as them. I know you’re right but it just comes off as completely unhinged.