Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Never done this before but I guess I'll give it a shot.

Name: Think Tank
Position: LW
Number: 28
Height: 6'1
Weight: 185
Handedness: Right
CHL Team: Kelowna Rockets
Player Type: Sniper
Character Trait: Passing is for losers, also I'm gonna slash the poo poo out of you for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

triplexpac posted:

I'm too lazy to make a fake twitter and get that involved in all this :smith: If it's a requirement feel free to give my guy to someone else

I'm the same. I'm just pretending Think Tank is fully illiterate due to a childhood spent riding the boxcars with his deadbeat father (who spent all the money he grifted on his son's hockey instruction). His deep shame from being unable to read is part of what makes him so slash happy. That and years fending off other hobos intent on poaching the best sleeping spots from him.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Think Tank has lodged a formal complaint to the league about the incidental awarding of that secondary assist. He'll lose way too much hobo cred if people start to believe he occasionally thinks about people other than himself.

I couldn't find this thread then forgot about it oops, I'm here now.

e: The NHL record for goals in a season without breaking 100 points is 66 set by Lanny McDonald, Think Tank has made it his goal in life to shatter that.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 18, 2015

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

31 goals is pretty good, whoever said I would be the next Jay Beagle

It's not 42 goals good.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Stickarts posted:

Goals are for people with fragile egos.

If we're ever teammates I'm going to fight you mid-game.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

God dammit I'm up to FOUR career assists. What's going on here?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Stickarts posted:

By the powers of Lanny's moustache, thinktank was close.

He's only twenty, he's got at least another 15 years of selfishly trying to break that record.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Stickarts posted:

If I point you to this handy laminated graph I tote around with me you'll see that actually most hockey players may as well be culled and turned into soap after their age 22 year.

ThinkTank posted:

If we're ever teammates I'm going to fight you mid-game.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

trade me to this team, I will fight him for you

I think we can agree we ALL want to fight stickarts, you'll have to wait your turn though.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Wait Think Tank is putting up 60+ goals a season playing with Brayden Schenn and Matt Read? So basically he's going to pot 100 when he finally takes Simmond's spot on the first line.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

He won the Walter Brown Award which is awarded to the top American born college player in New England, beating out Eichel for it. The Hobey Baker won't be awarded for a couple weeks.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pleads posted:

NHL Be A Pro 16 just got a lot easier: http://store.steampowered.com/app/301120/

:hfive:

Truly the greatest day

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spamtron7000 posted:

O'Bourke is more selfish than ThinkTank?

Sounds like Think's got an ankle to break.

e: He also needs to go after Brandon Pirri who is putting up real world ThinkTank numbers this year with 20 goals and 2 assists on the season with the Panthers.

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 27, 2015

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Coming off a 62 goal season Berube apparently decided that he needed to cut Tank's icetime to teach him a lesson. He is now aggressively pursuing any available offersheets.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Stickarts posted:

One more contract till I get that sweet, sweet ufa payday. I would of course love to stay in Winnipeg, there's just so much to do here!

You certainly can't experience everything the Human Rights Museum has to offer in just one visit!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Get your poo poo together Think. What is this? Unacceptable.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

:toot:

Now start scoring again you dink

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Spamtron7000 posted:

Or imagine they play for the Los Angeles Kings.

A fate worse than death

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

drat it only 4 short of the record for most goals in a season without surpassing 100 points. C'mon Think, keep reaching for that rainbow!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hockles posted:

Ewic Windros is home.

WindTank Assemble!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I will be your guiding elbow on your question to score the most goals without an assist in a season!

Think has already shattered that record, he's currently attempting to score the most goals without breaking 100 points (currently 66) a record held by his idol/substitute Dad Lanny McDonald.

Although he's going UFA for that sweet sweet cash this summer. Back that truck up, he's already got his cup ring so he's available to the highest bidder.

Do you need a 50 goal scoring stanley cup winner?
Do you want that 50 goal scorer to be temperamental, whiny, take lazy penalties and possibly spend his evenings under an overpass?
Do you hate assists and believe that teamwork is overrated (for 50 goal scorers only - everyone else should pass Think the loving puck)?
Can you play down accusations of petty theft and minor battery over stolen cans of beans by a star quality 50 goal scorer in the press?
Do you require your 50 goal scorers to be able to read the playbook?

If you answered YES to all these questions (except the last one) then we've got a FIFTY PLUS GOAL SCORING STANLEY CUP WINNING winger for you!*

*Winger may not be eligible for season start due to pending assault charges

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 5, 2015

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lanny eat your heart out. Think has the record for most goals in a season without breaking 100 points. He can retire a happy hobo.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hockles posted:

That could be the only goon award

*ahem* I think someone is forgetting the incredibly prestigious Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy.

Think had 2 more goals than Lemur but managed 40 less points. He is the best.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

You're the Ovie of our time.

Except with a cup ring.

Kiss the bindle bitch.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Think deserves the C

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

God dammit it, Think has gotten all teammatey and not quite so selfish since he broke Lanny's record. He's on pace to have career highs in assists for the THIRD straight year. Dammit Think, that's not how your papa taught you to act down by the switching station consarnit.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Assuming he keeps up something like his current pace, Think will be the 6th fastest to 500 goals behind only Gretzky, Lemieux, Bossy, Hull, and Lemur. Way to steal Think's thing Fred. :mad:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hockles posted:

Our most selfish player is our first Captain. :psyduck:

:smug:

Can't teach style baby. Can't teach style.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

No Rocket Richard, no playoffs, no points in the all-star game? Think doesn't want to be captain no more. Philly better trade his rear end to a contender.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Follow the cash Think.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Think re-signs with the Flyers. They better drat well commit to getting back to the playoffs. The only goon captain has high expectations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lemur is the first to break 500g and 1000pts. A true goon legend but not a leader of men like Captain ThinkTank

ThinkTank needs just one more assist to have more career assists than he had goals in his rookie season. I am sad. :smith:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I like that Think and Windros basically have opposite goal/assist stats hahaha. Philly back in the playoffs!

Think and Windros, Bros 4 Lyfe. Time to captain this team to a cup.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Think and Windros, Bros 4 Lyfe. Time to captain this team to a cup.

Think is a lovely captain

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Flyinglemur posted:

All of these trophies and all of these goals don't fill the Cup shaped hole in my heart.

But they sure help wit da ladies

Tank is worse in every statistical way yet has a Stanley Cup and is the only captain. Who cares about all those goals and points if you're a spineless choker? :smug:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

I would make some pithy comment about "a Cup? Pssh" but the Buffalo guys have three, so... :v:

None of them have captained their team to their first playoff miss in six years and a 5 game upset in the first round the next year, so suck it.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Whoa whoa whoa, why is Windros making $750k less and more term than Think? Think demands a giant new contract right now.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank: History's greatest goalscorer, Philly's worst captain.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

THE MACHO MAN posted:

what the hell happened :stonk:

and we're sellers at the deadline too weeee

Think is still cut up that you are making nearly as much as him so he spent the season inventing new cellys and publicly berating his GM. Once he gets his big pay day he'll focus on leading again.

Still, he won a cup so the rest of his career is focused on setting records. HHoF ho!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Why does McStabson make $11M when Think signed for a measly $7.3M? We're both captains, and I'm greedier.

gently caress this game I want more money. I'm Terrell Owensing this contract and ripping it up after 2 months.

• Locked thread