Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Musluk posted:

RIP in peace, old thread.

I've barely loving posted or played over the past month or two and I'm still in the top five, jesus christ I need a real hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

madstrike posted:

Wait, wat? I thought DarkBeast was making fun of the other racist rear end in a top hat?

(Disclaimer: I only read that thread past page 14 though)

EDIT: Also, it might be because i'm still not 60 on PunMan and have his uniques (his 'stride' power was starting to cause me dizziness so had to stop playing) but he still hasn't transitioned to Funisher for me :(

Ammo + Cooldowns on cool powers is doing my head in :s

I haven't really gelled with Punny yet either but his uniques are freaking crazy. I can see everything coming together once I figure out his power setup and have all of his uniques.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

KittyEmpress posted:

I managed to get the game working via unisntalling it from steam and installing it standalone. Now I'm in game and I am wondering what to do with these 1000 Gs I have. Is there a specific team up that's really good? The only heroes I have right now are Squirrel Girl and Luke Cage, and I'm enjoying the pet playstyle (whole reason I got Squirrel Girl).

Or should I just buy a hero who sounds interesting to me?

Edit: Aaand nevermind, as soon as I went back to avengers towers from out on the town killing stuff, this happened - taken from the log

[1150.99] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
[1150.99] Critical: Windows GetLastError: The system cannot find the file specified. (2)
[1151.55] Log: === Critical error: ===
Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

Address = 0x7564812f (filename not found. DbgHelp error 6)
Address = 0x119efb1 (filename not found. DbgHelp error 6)
Address = 0x20006e (filename not found. DbgHelp error 6)
Address = 0x310000 (filename not found. DbgHelp error 6)

Same error I've been getting, just took a little longer.

go to control panel, system settings - Advanced System Settings, click on Performance Settings, then Advanced and click on Change under Virtual Memory. Then set it to System Managed Size, if it's already at that, click on Custom size and set Initial as the amount of ram you have and Maximum at like 3 times the amount of ram you have.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

rizzen posted:

What magical build allows this? Emma is just sitting collecting dust for me, but if I can use her to obliterate cosmic terms for farming, then I'd be all over it.

Max Psychic Domination, Telepathic mastery and Mental Overload. Though TM probably isn't completely necessary.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

And then you have the benefit of standing there like an idiot unable to kill the boss if you don't instagib him. And being worthless in raids.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

If anyone wants the Vice Recipe, lemme know. I have 2 copies up for grabs! Donations are accepted, but not necessary!

The only thing vice is good for is throwing on the floor in avengers tower so other players will rush to pick it up just to throw it back onto the floor themselves.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Jedit posted:

Is that a UI change on the displayed player levels?

This will not stand. Take his Cosmic! Take it I say! Away away! Horrible Beasts!

Ugh wait what no don't cosmic blergh where am I? Please don't cosmie!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Holy poo poo holy poo poo what what what! Prel loz scribbles! Holy poo poo good job guys holy poo poo rock out!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Lozareth posted:

Similar to your orb love, give me the javazon lightning skill that forks and re-forks for each enemy it hits and I'll never need another game again. Iceman does own though. Cosmicing him immediately, no parking at red 60 or waiting for an event. Would anyone notice if I switched from Loki to Iceman in the super 88? Still frost skills and pets after all.

I want you to take me to dinner and put me in my place.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Haerc posted:

Did anyone post this (NSFW) for the Punisher review?

I want a punisher/dredd crossover. gently caress.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Prel posted:

So I haven't tested it yet but I'm guessing for spenders weaving orb w/ beam is best for both pure ranged and summon/ranged Bobby D? That's what my gut tells me anyways. I don't know that you can really get the points for doing that with points in construct stuff too, haven't looked that closely.

Summon supported Iceman is turning out rather fun. Gearing him is still going to be a huge mess, but at least for leveling it's easy breezy.

Pure ranged iceman seems like a waste. Constructs are way too good at drawing attention, doing damage, and even going construct focus doesn't seem like a dps loss.

Like I see no benefits for going beams focus, other than having less things on the screen. There just doesn't seem to be a dps gain in the other focus skills but construct seems to help a lot.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Prel posted:

You get vastly more powerful shatters. I don't know at this point which comes out on top for pure dps. I don't disagree with you about the general utility of the summons and construct focus.

Melee/beam focus shatters are like 800% damage when Flash Freeze is up, it's absurd.

I've been doing flash freeze into shatter for my rotations, and it just feels so underwhelming. It feels like the bonus to shatter from Flash Freeze doesn't always proc, or never loving crits. My shatters seem to do the same damage whether I remember to use flash freeze or not.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

It's why everyone cosmics him. You don't need gear or even a build, just put points into a skill, use that skill and voila! Everything dies!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Hahahahaha

edit: I just got it

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Dandywalken posted:

Got my Punisher to 60 today. Got a pretty cool Sword Gun too just now, so late-night grinding paid off!

Anyone know a good medallion for Punisher? I'm using the "Grenade, RPG, Headshot" etc strategy, so whom in particular would I benefit from? Using Grim Reaper atm temporarily.

He's physical so Grim Reaper Medallion will be best. After that poo poo like Tombstone or Bullseye or whatever.

edit: Skull dude medallion is good if you get a decent one. Same with DOoooooOOOooooom.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 9, 2015

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

the ham has gone bad everyone. the ham has gone bad.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Oh joy a colossus token. Oh well.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

:captainpop:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

lsp posted:

Essence of St. Patrick's Day -- Green glitter and clovers
Spirit of St. Patrick's Day -- Swirls rainbows, coins and glitters

Are these on the live servers right now? Cause I want multiple copies of that rainbow.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Prel posted:

When you press alt and hover over anything equipped to Sue it's just going to say "No."

when you press alt and hover over anything it polls marvelheroes.info for the item info. unfortunately mh.info, thinking it was no longer needed thanks to this patch, shuts their database down and the whole thing no longer works

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

so proud :911:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Yet X-23 has stealth and she's been way more fun since launch. I dunno, I still just have such a sour taste in my mouth from that hybrid-in-everything-but-actual-play, poorly-itemized, awkward, janky pile.

I don't think I've ever used stealth on x23 once. I don't even does anything like it does with Bucky or BW who get a bonus damage from stealth, but stealth is so finnicky who knows if you'll get the bonus or what?

I don't like psylocke cause of the stealth either.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Yeah I've been leveling some characters I haven't really felt like leveling before, like Spider Man.

Also I need to get another 184 splinters by the time She Hulk comes out.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

It's level 10.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Strange Matter posted:

Been Prestiging Thing and man I kind of miss Story Mode. Just playing in a new area now and then is such a breath of fresh air from Midtown/ICP/Terminals again and again and again. I would literally pay money for a game mode where you could get Red Terminal XP just from playing Storymode, because I would do that all day.

I really wish they would normalize the legendary xp, rerolling constantly to get a terminal lq is stupid, and normalizing it would provide a lot more variety while leveling/grinding.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Ajax posted:

It blows my mind that there even was an unstable cap - I certainly never reached it

Seriously. With rerolling artifacts and raid uniques, unstables are pretty much the only thing besides heroes I spend my splinters on because I'm always starved for them.

Not to mention grinding costumes eats 3 of em.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 17, 2015

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Jedit posted:

Only two. Three costumes, two Molecules.

whatever, it still eats em. I have no idea how people could possibly get to 99 of the freaking things.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Look at this poor guy, not rerolling his Hulkbuster Psychic Package, SWGN, GOK, Zola, a Circlet, or his fraglite or claws.

Good for you buddy, good for you.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Drythe posted:

These are retarded

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

It's Magik don't worry. On the big community poll, Magik sits at #1. They would be stupid to ignore that.

They are probably stupid enough to ignore that. Boomer confirmed 12th.

yo nextwave style Boomer would be freaking awesome, god I hate you for getting me excited about imaginary options

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Eiffel On You posted:

Mental woman ok.

Youre mom confirmed.

I'm not a mom and never will be, stop rubbing it in!

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

That event is bonkers. Now where the hell is she hulk?

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

syrup posted:

They learned NOTHING. Hope you all have some extra days off you can take!

translation, we don't know how to turn on the omega event without also turning on the xp so there you go.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

I was going to save my xp boosts for leveling she hulk, but maybe I'll use them and finally get max omegas. Only 3500 left to go. :smithicide:

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

cups and bars stack, but I think the triple ones don't?

so if you have two cups and a bar, you'll get 150%, additional cups just add duration, bars add bonus until the 200%, so if you have 5 bars and a cup you should get 250% bonus.

and stuff like winter boosts, iboosts and the like also stack on top of that. You can get crazy high xp bonus if you whale out enough.

Leper Residue fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Mar 18, 2015

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Jusupov posted:

TC still won't show splinter/omega drops from more than a screen away. RIP if that goes to live and people want to farm omegas fast

if you're farming omegas you're probably just running cosmic bosses over and over again, and if you can't see the glowing blue orb that just leaped out of you during your victory lap then honestly you don't deserve it.

the splinter thing can eat a dick though.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Mr. Maggy posted:

well considering how often the omega orb decides to be invisible

seriously never had this happen to me. and I suffer from visual issues like crazy.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

nickhimself posted:

I like how I can roll a Ms. Marvel epic that people want to use but can't pull a good MK roll to save my life. Oh well... hopefully someone in my trade thread will go Full Maniac and offer up 80% more than I would have hoped to receive in the first place

If you trade this for goods post it in this thread, I've got some Ms. Marvel purps that I haven't bothered to cosmic but if you get crazy stuff I may just have to.

though it's not like my rogue cosmics got me anything.

edit: Too bad about that evasive blast.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Drythe posted:

Ryolnir's patch notes say its a 15% discount on G's but it appears its 15% bonus Gs? I dunno which is true.

they do this every loving time. How do they not know the difference between discount and bonus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

Fenris13 posted:

I have never done it, but I assume you open your boxes on a 60 in the training room on a 60 and then switch to the level 1 who you already prestiged.

won't work. the xp orbs can only be picked up by the character they originally spawned for.

• Locked thread