Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

zen death robot posted:

Bloodbourne looks good and all, but I get too frustrated at the Dark Souls games to make this a day one purchase.

Its better to play through them when they've patched all the dumb stuff out, which took a few months for DS2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

SunAndSpring posted:

I wonder how cheap I can get a PS4. Craigslist people sell them for like 200, but I'm not sure about doing that.

Cowboom is selling them used for like 270 right now.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

most of them dont have controllers + hdmi cables bundled but some do. I would bite if they accepted my cool amex gift card, but they dont, so I guess ill just save until Black Friday. Ahh.. the life of the destitute gamer.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I think it's cool that this game has been out for days and people still don't know what some stats do, or where most of the covenants are, or if there even is more than one covenant, or how to get certain endings, or what determines the seemingly erratic movement and disappearance of NPCs, or if Beast Mode is real, and if not, what is the secret gameplay mechanic they kept hyping up in the prerelease interviews.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I'm very excited for Dark Souls 3.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you, Benny. That all sounds awesome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Id like a new Game Boy please.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

wow lol you must be really smart or something. jk dude just messing

Messing what? Your diaper? Certainly smells that way.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

rediscover posted:

you know what dude. gently caress it. im not even going to waste my breath on this weak poo poo right now

Fine by me - your breath smells too. :D

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dark Souls PVP flashbacks always feel so good

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I know I shouldn't be spoiling Bloodborne stuff for myself but wow that boss looks friggin crazy

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bloodborne has an even better art direction than Dark Souls :dance:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

also, all of the armor in bloodborne is a fashion statement with extremely tiny differences in defense ratings, and all of it offers maximum mobility. this is how it should be in every game tbh

For real

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Really excited to look at the statues.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Holy poo poo lmao.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

One of those spears, was actually, in fact, my wallet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like that Miyazaki decided he wants to make everything look extremely gross now lol. Remember that quote about the Undead Dragon?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Here's the quote

quote:

Waragai: I remember when I was drawing the Undead Dragon, I submitted a design draft that depicted a dragon swarming with maggots and other gross things. Miyazaki handed it back to me saying, “This isn’t dignified. Don’t rely on the gross factor to portray an undead dragon. Can’t you instead try to convey the deep sorrow of a magnificent beast doomed to a slow and possibly endless descent into ruin?”

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Yeah def. my fave is still spirited away even though the wind rises is a fantastic swan song for his career

:pram:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Reading the Dark Souls design works translation is a great use of time.. they talk about the decisionmaking behind almost every notable thing you see in the game and theyre just a bunch of epic Japanese dudes plain and simple.

Heres part one: http://www.giantbomb.com/dark-souls/3030-32697/forums/dark-souls-design-works-translation-creating-the-w-566229/ Link to following parts are at the bottom of the post.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

I think i like bloodborne most because the combat os the most satisfying. Bye

Peace.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

If everyone in the Imp Zone gave me ten dollars, the cost of a Chipotle burrito with drink, I would only need a little extra money from other people on the forums to get a PS4 + Bloodborne.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DS2 PVP is better than all the others from what Ive played/seen.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Never played DS2 DLC :sadteacher: :failjail:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

its 1000x better than the regular game. i cant believe it was even made by the same ppl

I wanna play but how the hell am I just gonna boot up Dark Souls 2 again... you feel me.. I dont know.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

for having such a cool sword, ludwig got super hosed up by the beast plague. it's also cool that as soon as i entered his boss arena i recognized the shape of his head from the altar in amelia's arena and was like 'oh gently caress i'm fighting ludwig!'

I salute your insanely powerful storygamer senses.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

when i checked this you were offline :/

:sympathy:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

God, I'd swagger around every day with that cane if I could.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

hahahahahaahahahaa

One of the best vids of all time for my money.. video games or otherwise.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thats the lamest souls boss design of all time imo.. some dungeons and dragons bestiary poo poo.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

ehh, I care more about the attack patterns - "man with sword" is even more tired but obviously artorias and fume knight are awesome

I love fighting any man with a sword.. I cant think of a souls boss like that thats bad.. sometimes ya just gotta have a legendary duel. I like the Pursuer for instance.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

a ton of souls enemies are straight out of the d&d bestiary, and its badass

The best ones are insane products of a feverish japanese Berserk fanboy mind

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

i only recently watched berserk and recognized a ton of monsters in it cause of souls lmao

Now you should read it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the cannons and gatling gun are the main draw. ill make a str/blt eventually since the bloodletter seems neat, but its definitely less useful than putting those points into arc

If you're making a BLT, could I have one.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Earthen Peak is back and greener/browner than ever

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is that--?? OH MY GOD!! It is!! Laddersmith Gilligan is BACK baby!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

o&s is still the best song in the series. i dont think it can be beaten

Sif music and Artorias music are extremely close contenders.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

And, I'll admit that Majula tune is sweet.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Acquaint yourself with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tuWvGee4T0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

demons, ds1, ds2 and bloodborne all have huge swathes of cut content.....demons had a whole missing archstone, the second half of dark souls is barely finished, bloodborne has the anemic cainhurst and ds2 had to be completely rebuilt halfway through development. dark souls 3 might be the only one that isnt missing large portions.......if were lucky

Dark Souls 3 is not only a complete game but it is a perfect one, and the best game ever made of all time.