Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

maybe they were goo men already and were hoping to have a better life for themselves by becoming educated

Historically Gooey Colleges/Universities

HGCU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

rediscover posted:

the lecture hall is inside the nightmare.. it's not real life

aaaaaaa

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
bloodborne's story is so good. everything is super surreal.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Miyazaki Touch

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

remove stockpile thomas

jeffrey please. i love stockpile thomas. you have a heart of gold, dont let them take it from you

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

Also if you use the blue potion and walk slowly they'll never see you

!!!!!!! holy poo poo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Just remembered how angry Tower Knight made me before I honed my gaming chakras and accepted the Souls play style into my heart. Good memories

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fungah! posted:

fwiw i think false king allant still holds up. that's a relly good fight

getting deleveled ftw

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
that post was unironic. i thought it was cool and it made me mad

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

This defiled chalice might actually break me.

You can do it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I sprinted in Mensis till I destroyed mother brain then I went back and took it all in. I did not want to deal with frenzy.

Also, my pick for creepiest thing in the game is the winter lantern song

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

the winter lanterns are creepy as gently caress. what is frenzy? why do they cause it? why does insight make you more susceptible to it? is it your mind being torn apart by insanity?

so many good questions and so few in-depth answers: this is why bloodborne kicks rear end and i truly want the dlc more than ive ever wanted any dlc before

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i don't want answers to the questions because that defeats the spirit of the story. sometimes a nightmare is just a nightmare

i just want more areas to run through and get spooked by

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i love the giant grave stones. why are they so big? if they are that big then what on earth is buried under them

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

I'm over 75 attempts on defiled watchdog now, I was having better luck hitting his head & knocking him down when he goes to puke than I was dodgin left. Got him to 10% once and ran out of viles. Hopefully I'll get him soon

I wish I could help you Benny D

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I want it so badly

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I don't think I've ever wanted more game like I do with Bloodborne. It's so good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPs_v2JAwjo

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Bobnumerotres posted:

i personally want the deets on all the new chalice stuff

i would like the details on both of them.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

"We asked Miyazaki how he would approach the Dark Souls III demo if he was tasked with taking on the Wall of Lodeleth and its brutal denizens. 'I would select the character with the sword, and approach the game with my shield constantly raised.'"

Is this a troll

hes not wrong

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4PEacrpzfg

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
\o/ for evil eagle

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

Thank you, all. It wasn't enough to revive my PS4 (I tried re-initializing it and now it just repeats the SONY and Sony Computer Entertainment logos, over and over) but it was just what I needed to rejuvenate my gamer spirit. I'm going to replay TPP on PC anyway, and I can reluctantly wait to play Bloodborne. For now, I am going to start up Dragon Quest V, make some mario courses, and practice plague knight stages. Once my PS4 is repaired or replaced, I will be back in this thread talking about how much fun Bloodborne is.

the accepting gamer

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

mysterious loyall X posted:

i shout oh gently caress oh poo poo oh jesus the bad rats at the tv

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
my favorite place in demons souls was the tower of latria. it was the spookiest

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i havent read this thread in a long time because i havent gotten the dlc yet and want to avoid knowing anything about it, but here is a neat video you all might enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi4QThvzlWY

thanks!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I forgot that you could get a copy of Bloodborne for free in Denmark if you donated some of your own blood to a blood bank http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/in-europe-you-can-buy-bloodborne-with-a-unit-of-your-own-blood/

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

Haven't played this game in like 4-5 months gonna make a new character.

Hope I'm not rusty

Same. It's taking forever to download this patch/DLC. fuuuuu

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Evil Eagle posted:

The Dark Souls of blood drives.

Just gotta go home and come back again the next day for another roll.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

frank.club posted:

What does a beast pellet do

hit something several times in a row

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I think i want to do a beast claw ng+ run with the dlc rune, seems like it would be pretty bad rear end

apparently it completely changes how the beast claws work?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So is Mergo's Wet Nurse a Great One? Picked the game back up after watching Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson play it on Twitch while giving his commentary on the Cruz/Dillashaw fight

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love the lore in this game.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Congrats.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Played some Bloodborne with my buddy last night. The undead giant with the chains in the chalice dungeon is still a big time fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

goferchan posted:

also make sure you have 2-factor authentication on because before that option existed i was "hacked" like this and someone took my username and password and made their PS4 the primary PS4 and when that happens you can't change it for 6 months. sony support refused to switch it back for me until i stole valor & told them that i was in the military and about to deploy back to iraq and needed to play PS4 without an internet connection lol .

Call of Duty: Finest Hour