Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think they may have started with Triple Town, or at least started getting hyper popular around then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is on sale super cheap ($.99/£.50) if there's anyone doesn't already own it.

What?!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I made use of a dualshock 4 that I already had and it works pretty nicely.

Also nice to play a microsoft game with a sony controller on an android device.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Guaranteed that thing is going to be the Sega Nomad all over again, definitely gonna eat battery like there's no tomorrow.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think you can also long press on the die that is on the board to get its full info.

I've also been digging S&D since I purchased it. It's very addictive so nice work!

My related suggestion to the comment about just finally getting the right synergies would be something like an endless or endurance mode?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
If you're going not mobile, there's vampire survivors. Also I think now that it's on Xbox game pass you can play it via cloud gaming on your mobile.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

w00tmonger posted:

I've been playing so much of sloce and dice after the big update. It's so god drat good.

Is there anything else floating out there in the same vein?I'd kill for a proper turn based tactics gsme but there really doesn't seem to a lot out there unless I finally startup on emulators

:xcom:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I think you can get one time codes to use expressly for that purpose

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

CaptainBeefart posted:

Its been fun playing Castlevania SotN after Vampire Survivors to see where the inspiration came from.

Also Castlevania SotN is really really good, I didn't realize it had so much depth to it.

It's ok

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I've got $5 in Google play credit - what is everyone's top of class vertical format game? I've been playing super auto pets, slice and dice (both landscape) and pawnbarian.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Thanks for the recs! I grabbed dawncaster because I've already got vampire survivors and YMBAB, and as far as I can tell brotato is landscape and solitarica doesn't work on newer phones.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Pixel 7 pro here and it says "no"

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I've gotten the anyform claw along with the trait that upgrades all copies of a card when you get dupes and had some versions that drop 100+ damage. There are definitely combos that just destroy the game.

I like the fact that it seems as if the cards you get tend towards synergy with your other cards, they appear to have a good recommendation algorithm behind the scenes. Only a few cases have I gotten cards that are just completely useless.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I must get all the cards, efficiency be damned!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Bust-a-move I think was the other name

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Jack Trades posted:

Is there a good resource for finding new games?

The actual play store sucks rear end and only shows you garbage. I tried looking at some websites and they also only highlight garbage and sponsored content.
Are there no websites that actually show you a list of good games that you can look through to find something interesting?

You're looking at it (this thread) - what kind of games do you like?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

fyallm posted:

I don't think I have ever seen that pig symbol before..

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

fyallm posted:

My bed yells at me for not enough restful sleeps, and getting up to pee in the middle of night, haha

The bed should be thankful you don't exercise the alternative

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Castle mania

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Skibidi golf

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

delfin posted:

Might've cracked part of the code of Battlefield just now -- a Fairy Scavenger with a shield build just scored 48000 before dying. Apparently, the 'levels' display is a misnomer and level 1 just scrolls endlessly.

The trick was to pack Ancient Shield with Quicker, Auto:Combat and Barrier, then to stack Spell Shield with Boosts and build the usual stuff like Conserve Skill Uses and Supply. With a good base shield, Ancient Shield on entry and then Ancient Shield again on turn 1, that was enough to protect against Executioners' zerg rush and then set up the burn machine. What got me was actually too much Bravery; I hit a situation where its burst mode activated instead.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Cookie Clicker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

teethgrinder posted:

Symphony of the Night is LITERALLY UNPLAYABLE to me because I can't remap the buttons on a Backbone ... it would be so perfect otherwise. (I think it's literally just one stupid mapping for the ... map ... that annoys the poo poo out of me, like touching the right-analogue stick activates it, in addition to the regular 'select' button.)

What's the issue with Slay the Spire ... I've put 600+ hours into it on Android (and 200 before that) and never had an issue with dragging the cards...

You have been doomed ever since you lost the ability to love