Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

socialsecurity posted:

Is there any way to get this stuff faster beyond spending it's been a few days now and I have like 40.

Pretty sure it only drops from raids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

So apparently Galaxy of Pen and paper doesn't support 18:9 resolutions and clips off important buttons and UI elements.
Next time I'll remember to leave a review before I refund the game, didn't realise you didn't get a chance to leave feedback when you hit the refund button.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Turtlicious posted:

Your review gets removed when you refund the game anyways another reason why Google rating system is trash.

That's the dumbest thing ever. Although I can see how it could be abused to spam reviews

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Morpheus posted:

Oh, what the gently caress, when you switch servers you lose all of your progress? So much for that 2000 gems I had saved up I guess, and all the progress I had made. What the hell.

Do you get it back if you return to the other server?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Relentless posted:

There's probably one country that has it set at 20. But why customize something literally nobody cares about?

Japan's age of adulthood is 20, it's probably japan

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Relentless posted:

Gems of War is secretly Puzzle Quest 2, which makes it pretty drat good from the start.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3736873

Thread is that way

The active goon guild is generally full, but worth waiting for a spot if you like the game.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I have no idea why I thought it would be a good idea to spend the last $5 of a Play gift card on a Pokemon Quest upgrade. That game has sat unopened on my phone for multiple weeks now and I have zero ambition to start playing again.

I find that more often than not when I pay for something in a freemium game I'll invariably stop playing shortly after

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

KoldPT posted:

Hey folks, what're the best Picross/Nonograms games on the store? Both for 2D picross and 3D (if any).

I think the thread favorites are Hungry Cat Picross and Paint It Black

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Go RV! posted:

This is kinda neat, but very poorly translated. Art is nice, but the gameplay is really simplistic. There's a prerelease event starting today, so I'll probably stick with it though that and see how it ends up.

e: also, it's registering my taps like a half inch below my actual tap on my pixel 2 xl :argh:

Does pixel2 have a non-16:9 screen? If so does it have app compatibility options?

It's buried pretty deep in the settings on my oneplus, but there's a setting to force particular apps to 16:9 that fixes that issue.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Demicol posted:

My phone is not rooted, I just get a black screen for a bit then it crashes.

A lot of games do this because they need file system access and the Devs are poo poo and don't ask for it properly.
See if there's a permission toggle in the app info panel

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Funso Banjo posted:

Oh jesus, I really don't remember NWN being that ugly.

Games are aging real fast.

Nwn was definitely ugly and janky when it came out

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Just picked up reigns in the sale, this owns and I think I'll buy the other ones in the series too while they are a buck.

Anyone know if the GoT themed one is any good?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

hooah posted:

Yeah, it got loving weird now. More ads, too.

I have not once seen an ad in the game, no idea why.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Not even that

Its like the ad network doesn't work on my phone or something. Perhaps they just don't service Australia for some reason? Perhaps my grey import phone shows up as being some untargeted segment?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

The reviews are pretty dire

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I take it you live somewhere without mandatory paid sick leave entitlements for employees?

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Mogomra posted:

Years ago, I remember playing a word puzzle game on my phone that was basically hangman, but every time you guessed a word, it would unlock more nodes on a tree graph. The connected nodes would be words that were related to each other somehow. It's been so long that I can't remember the name of the game.

Does anyone remember what the heck it was called or if it's even available for download anymore? I'm pretty sure it was Android.

I vaguely remember something like that, can't remember what it was called.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

New Leaf posted:

I just wish I could get the screen to work properly.. It's really annoying right now. I wonder if it's because I'm on an LG G7. The screen is really tall and narrow for some reason, it might be trying to do the full height resolution but that doesn't jive with the width. Can anyone think of a fix?

I refunded a game before I found it, but my OnePlus has an option under "display" to turn on compatibility mode for specific apps.
I'm pretty sure it's a standard android thing, it just forces the app to run in 16:9

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Is there a link between cultist simulator and underhand? The theme looks similar.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

John Lee posted:

They're not similar games at all, despite them both being card games about cultists. Cultist simulator is open; you can do whatever you want with your cards at pretty much any time, no turns, but various actions have cooldowns and such, or take up a slot for a given amount of time.

I meant is it the same developers/designers

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Turtlicious posted:

Star Traders frontiers are so much fun on the phone.

It's good but I've fallen down the night of the full moon hole and won't be back for a while

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Night of the full moon is a deck builder rpg type game, if you like ascencion you will like it.
I believe the purchase is just the first character, with additional decks costing $1 each.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Well to be fair, I haven't opened up any new classes yet (need a few more survey bucks to buy the full pack) but if it's something I'll wear out on maybe I should ignore the value of the full pack and just buy one at a time.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

zenguitarman posted:

I haven't gotten a survey in a loooonnnnng time... I just got a pixel too and logged into the app thinking that would do it, but still no dice. Does it just tap out after a while?

Did you lie on one of the "test" questions

Apparently they can blacklist you for lying about things they know about.

Edit: woah a whole page of posts saying the same thing that I missed....

norp fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jun 21, 2019

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I've never been asked for a receipt but generally I'm paying with Google pay and choose credit card.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

WaltherFeng posted:

I read the translation is bad. How bad is it? I had to drop Buriedbornes because having untranslated text annoys the hell out of me.

There's a few spelling mistakes, one or two cards have descriptions that are a bit ambiguous (and disappointing when you work out what they actually meant) and a couple of cards and abilities that overflow their text boxes.

Generally the translation is good though

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Notfm broke when I moved to Android 10 (blank screen) but it seems to work again now

Although I was getting hard locks occasionally after the big update, so I need to play it some more before I'm sure

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Well good news!!!
.there's a dungeon raid clone called troll patrol that came out recently.

It's not quite as tight but it scratches the itch and is only $2 to remove ads

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Wayfaring Stranger posted:

Shop Titans:

I grabbed an open spot in GoonTitans but it's pretty dead. Can I get an open spot in a more active guild? I'm level 25 and active daily.

Aelle#43476

Im in a similar situation - in what is probably an old abandoned goon guild.

Almost nobody is active so an invite to one of the active ones would be good - norpSA#66507

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

If there's no space in the main goon guilds we could try reviving the one I'm in - Goonswarm (we have one free slot right now)

The only people who ever chat seem to be German which is why I think it's not actually a goon guild

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Sweet

Probably not worth kicking anyone with high investments for me yet - I've been spending all my money trying to level as quickly as I can so my investment is quite low (there are a couple of high investment dead players in my current guild)
I've now hit a point where I'm getting bottlenecked by investment so I'm gonna stop levelling and earn cash on the market to invest in the city

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

There's are apparently affiliate networks for app installs that pay out via playtime and in-app purchases.

So it's a super inefficient form of taking advertising dollars from lovely idle & p2w apps

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Also what's the generally most efficient strategy? I've mastered Squire Swords after the first "free" upgrade to them and have only spent one research scroll on Aiming Swords.

There isn't really anything you can do that doesn't progress you
You'll eventually complete all the low level recipies, but the important thing is to maximise shop throughput. Discount cheap items, enchant and surcharge expensive ones (enchants don't count towards surcharge) to maximise enchantment values.

Spend gems on early shop expansions or craft slots to accelerate you, they are the key limitations. Probably not particularly efficient to spend gems on things you can already buy - you can convert gems to about $400k each later using the market (although the upcoming patch is gonna mess with the market meta)

Early on you can also probably still make way more money selling on the market than to customers so if you have an upgrade to buy you should forgo the shop xo for a bit and sell things there

Importantly you can also game the king visits with "king bait" - lock anything green+ except the expensive item and he will always take it (5x value). You can also generally buy up to blue enchants on market to increase the value of your prospective kingbait item

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Inactives in a guild pretty quickly becomes a death spiral in shop titans

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

I'd like to play along
ElKoss#20748

We will just figure which idle goon to kick and get you an invite soon!

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

staplegun posted:

Sent!

I'm still using 7 days idle as a metric for if someone abandons their account, but anyone can feel free to reapply if I made a mistake!

Going by this means that we have a possible slot coming up tomorrow as we have someone at 6 days

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Doc Fission posted:

Anyone know offhand some fun phone games without ads or games you can pay for once and never see an ad in again?

Farquar posted:

Card Quest is a great tactical card game. I've spent many many hours with this one and never seen a single ad. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.winterspring.cardquest&hl=en_US&gl=US

Night of the full moon is anothrer great deck builder I keep coming back to.
It seems like there's a lot to buy (each new class is a buck) but clearing the base story and then each class will take you quite a few hours each. Each class is a full new card pool and have a unique mechanic/theme. It takes 7 runs at an hour or so each (if done in one sitting) to clear a class.

No ads is like $3 and definitely makes the game faster but all the ads are actually optional like doubling boss cash rewards or rerolling chests (although not watching them does make the game a bit harder)

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

candide posted:

candide#25624 if there's an open spot

I think we filled that slot (at least for now) we can get you an invite when one comes up, it's never too long between spaces coming up

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Gerdalti posted:

You can boot Gerdalti, hasn't really held my attention.

I don't see you... Either you are talking about a different game or it's been a week without a login and you've been booted already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Agoat posted:

Sorry I vanished on y'all. Work has had me super stressed out. Thanks for the good times y'all

If you lose your spot and want to come back then just post and we'll get you the next one.

The bulk of the new spots recently were the town hall rebalance (and we are mighty close to another level there)