Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I haven't uninstalled Organ Trail from my phone since I got it in a Humble Bundle.

And Leo's Fortune is a gorgeous platformer, highly recommended. Has Nvidia Shield support!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Qylvaran posted:

Somebody here recommended Leo's Fortune. I'm not far in it, but I don't think I'll continue. Platformer touch controls remain horrible, and the only difficulty is from not seeing where you are going, while a lot of the puzzles so far rely on maintaining momentum. I like the voice acting, though.

It works very well with physical buttons, that's unfortunate. It's got momentum puzzles, definitely.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Not available in Canada :(

Or... the US?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I'm US and downloaded it?

"This item isn't available in your country." :confused:

I'm in Washington state, which is almost Canada? Not quite though, last I checked.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

foutre posted:

W/r/t Final Fantasy, I've never played any of them and am kind of intimidated at jumping in. Is there one in particular that makes sense as a starting point?

Final Fantasy 6. It's immersive, tells a rich story, and has the most refined gameplay available.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Ragequit posted:

I'd definitely pick Chrono Trigger over the FF ports. It at least looks like the SNES version. I just cannot get over how bad the FF games look. Groups of people had legitimate meetings regarding the graphics and all decided "Yup, looks fine, ship it."

Does Chrono Trigger work on your phone?
If yes,
Why don't you own Chrono Trigger?

Good point, thanks. Isn't the FF4 port the DS game? That's almost entirely for people who've played the game in the past, tough to recommend as a starting point. If I'm mistaken, it's probably a better first than 6 but nowhere near as great as CT.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

foutre posted:

poo poo, thanks guys I'm actually pretty pumped for 18 hours of sitting in a tiny chair.

Granbed the first Illyria and Kotor. Chrono Trigger is actually the one jrpg I've played (and I've played it once on SNES, once on DS, etc.) so decided to get FF 6 instead.

I'm also just gonna take a moment to appreciate mobile technology -- truly we live in amazing times.

You're going to really enjoy FF6, it's compared to Chrono Trigger in quality. I like FF7 a bit more, but that's tougher to pull off on a phone.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Drone posted:

Why is it that Trek games since like 2004 are required to be awful? :smith:

Hasn't Star Trek been some level of awful since around then? Voyager and DS9 were done, the movies were great action flicks but missed the mark on what made the show inspirational... Enterprise? (Never watched it.)

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Cippalippus posted:

Well poo poo, I've been waiting for a Fft port and now I'm a bit worried that it might suck. I've only ever played the game boy advance game, which was called Fft advance, but I loved it. Is this similar, and is this port worth it?

Download Final Fantasy Tactics for Android.

It'll blow your loving mind.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's gonna be really funny the next time you device updates its android OS and squeenix decides not to update the fft app for 3 years (if at all)

gently caress you and the Chrono Trigger you rode in on.

Yeah, I bought it to see how many issues I could find in 15 minutes, and as soon as I took a call and it unloaded itself from memory I requested a refund.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Malek posted:

Played the hell out of this on the PS1 WAY back in the day and got stuck with... I think the encounter with Baphomet? When it has the main character go against him one on one to begin with. Never picked it up again past that point.

Velius/Belias! That's too bad, the difficulty curve is all downhill from there.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Newfie posted:

Finally picked up FFT and it plays fantastic on my Galaxy S3, thanks OP.

Jesus christ the S6 is a bad phone. I returned the app because it unloaded itself from memory every time I answered a call or texted. :negative:

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

Weren't people saying ff tactics on Android was a terrible port?

The numbers are ugly and the sprites aren't quite the same, plus the animations in battle are sped up, but the touch controls are fine.

I complained earlier in the thread about it dropping from my memory, but so far that hasn't happened once after the S6 update.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

Ah that might have been you. I think you said you went in for a refund right away?

Good to hear it's working. I have a note 4 so I'm hoping it will work.

Nope, kicked itself out of memory, uninstalled. :( I hope to have a better phone one day.

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 5, 2015

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

drat. What about secret of management then ? Any opinions on the mobile port?

Nope, never played that one, sounds boring as poo poo. :v

Definitely not a game I'd buy on the phone, plays well with the Shield though. Tip: don't update that to lollipop.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Lowness 72 posted:

It's the newest Kairosoft.

I have a problem, you just sold me on a fictional game.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

ModeSix posted:

Hey Everyone!

I'm going to be running an alpha/beta test for an upcoming puzzle game I will be releasing within the next couple of months.

I'd like to invite you guys to test out the game for me.

The first phase of testing is going to be focused on the interface and general aesthetic of the game and the second phase will focus on level balancing for difficulty and progression.

I'd like to have about 10 or 20 people testing to give feedback.

The testing will likely start in about two weeks, right now I am doing in-house testing with people I actually know.

Anyone who helps test will get a free copy of the game when it releases (a $1 or $2 value! :v:).

If you're interested in helping me test the game drop an email to admin@mode6.net and I'll send you an invite to the google group for the testing.

Puzzle like Tetris, Professor Layton, or something else?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

GTA Chinatown Wars is probably a safe bet.

Does 80 Days phone home? I know there's a minor, passive multiplayer, but I don't think that's required to play.

I don't know that I've played it without ANY connection, but I've definitely never touched the multiplayer and made it 'round the world a few times.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I just learned about Google cardboard and will be ordering one in the next week or so (after I move). Any worthwhile games for it?

Definitely download the VRSE app, there's some insanely cool stuff shown off there.

I read (and then lost the link) John Carmack has been working on Minecraft for Oculus for some time now. That'll be great on Cardboard one day. I've been learning how to make code do things with it, but does anyone here have a decent idea for a Cardboard game?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

"The Ender Dragon is about to make you his (her?) bitch! Suck it down!"

Found the link!

http://venturebeat.com/2015/09/24/how-john-carmack-pestered-microsoft-to-let-him-make-minecraft-for-gear-vr/

Romero's Minecraft could be fun, but I'll take a VR game. Has it been knocked off for Cardboard yet?

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Sproggiwood was worth the $10 it cost just before the sale :argh: and I've refunded multiple Square-Enix games for buyer's remorse.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dr.Caligari posted:

Are there any games similar to Hotel Dusk? I played it 3/4 the way through and I was never able to complete it due to reasons. I'm about to buy a DS emulator just so I can re-play and finish it.

So I'll take DS emulator recommendations too.. Any good free ones?

Layton Bros is probably the best available on Android.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

precision posted:

I'm 100% convinced they've managed to make a program that just takes random JRPG words and concepts and makes games out of them, forever.

I mean the names of the games alone...

I found a free one and played it for 30 seconds. The beginning was even more trite than the Wheel of Time intro, and those books were good.

I completely agree, is what I'm saying.

Kheldarn posted:

In the KEMCO Humble Mobile Bundle, Legend of Ixtona is apparently an FFT type game.

Yeah, so is Vandal Hearts. C'mon, use your words.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Montalvo posted:

Lumines is out on phones now I guess? I spent some surveybux on it and it looks like a really enjoyable game.

Yup. Scroll up on this page.

Waiting for a more long-term review, wondering if it holds up like the PSP games. Lost track of hours thanks to Lumines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

IAmTheRad posted:

If you are directly comparing this to the PSP games, the PSP games win. There are many more gameplay modes in the PSP games. A ton more skins, too. Lots more to unlock. In this one, once you finish hard mode, you have all the skins for that music set. You just need to work on unlocking all the avatars from the skins afterwards.

So, a direct comparison doesn't really work. Controls on the PSP version are a little more precise. The visuals are a little nicer on the PSP. The music is much more varied on the PSP with much more songs. There are more gameplay options for the PSP version. If you need to choose between the mobile version and the PSP version, get the PSP version. There's just more value for your money.

BUT, that's if you're using money out of your own pocket. I have not played Live, Supernova, or Electronic Symphony. If you're using Survey Money, it's a great buy. It's a solid adaptation of the Lumines experience on a mobile device. It probably doesn't have as much long-term playtime as the original (or II), but it does have the fact it's on a mobile device going for it.

Oh, and the songs in the classic music pack are: Shinin', Aback, Talk 2 You, Holiday in Summer, Meguro, and Spirits.

I do at least recommend you going into the Advanced Settings and turning up the movement speed. The default is just too slow. Turbo is quite quick. Medium feels just right for having it without a dpad.

What a great reply, thank you! It might just be worth the purchase, Shinin' still gets stuck in my head. Haven't played Lumines for at least five years.