Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Regarding rewards, this is probably important enough to add to the OP:
Read the survey questions carefully. Read the whole question, and then once you've read it, count a few seconds before answering.
They have mechanisms to remove people who are just mashing buttons, early on you'll get a question that halfway through says something like "Ignore everything else and choose Espanol"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

tater_salad posted:

Guys I dont think anne feraud exists.. so heads up on that for your survey.

Is that the place across from Kelp's Wild Water Slides?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

bgreman posted:

This was the best question yet for Google Rewards.

Somewhere out there, there's a professional truffle hunter who loves Android apps and was like "Oh gently caress, this is my day!"

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
They've got some game with a fighter jet or something on their Japanese side. No idea what it's about.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

big mean giraffe posted:

Fiz is amazing and I personally found it much better than Kairosoft games in just about every way.

If you haven't played since when it first came out, there were a few quality of life improvements like cloud saving added.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Is that Bonzai Buddy avatar the new Stupid Newbie? Until a minute ago I thought there was just one poster that just happened to be in all the threads I was.

It's been that for a while now. Before that it was Garbage Dick.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I live near home depot so Google pays me to tell them that I haven't been to Home Depot.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I totally want to visit Kelp's Wild Water Slides

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Tagichatn posted:

Google surveys has been asking some really weird questions lately. I got:

Have you ever owned any exotic birds like egrets, pelicans or flamingos?

I wonder if this is actually related to Google side projects. Like, they want to build a truffle sniffing robot but instead of opening up a window to Google it, they just create a survey to try and find a truffle hunter.

This week someone at Google has a sick flamingo and doesn't want to pay for a vet.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
God dammit, I got asked about truffles again. I'm gonna have to go do it sometime now because I'm so loving curious about what it's all about.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

mrkillboy posted:

:siren: Adult Swim Games just posted a link on Twitter for anyone wanting to get their hands on Pocket Mortys a day early: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.turner.pocketmorties

Its apparently for the first thousand only so get squanching!

Thanks bud!

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I would play Game Dev, the Racing one, maybe the soccer one and then maybe the dungeon one or the pyramid one.

Depending on what you like, we can recommend other ones.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Light Gun Man posted:

Mega Mall and Pyraplex are similar to each other, and my favorite ones.

Exactly, so if someone loved Pyraplex, I'd definitely recommend Mega Mall.

If you liked Game Dev, I'd recommend Magazine Mogul, Anime Studio (And Fiz)

If you like Grand Prix, I'd recommend Pocket League and Pocket Stables.

There's demos for a ton of them, nothing to lose.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Serious Frolicking posted:

as this thread has so amply demonstrated with the star trek discussion, we are completely the target audience.

Is there a way to get around the daily spending limit? It's telling me I can't buy any more.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Ragingsheep posted:

Do you need to pretend to throw your phone like you would a poké ball?

Just to be safe, actually throw your phone.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I "think" I once clicked on an ad and had it pull up my phone to call them. It didn't actually dial, but if I'd pressed the call button I would have been talking to some plumbing supply company.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I think Google should be required to build a "Kelp's Wild Water Slides" in my town.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Agoat posted:

I was skeptical about the Google Opinion Rewards but getting a quarter for confirming I had a good time at a restaraunt is awesome.

Yeah, it's like one of those things that sounds too good to be true.

Anywhere else, surveys are long annoying shits that aren't worth the time.

Google surveys are rad.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

JayKay posted:

Hows that new Kairosoft Arcade game? Worth the $5?

It's got the feel of classic Kairosoft.

You'll be able to get through the main game without really feeling strapped for cash unless you're very aggressive about changing stuff around.

It's not like the newer ones where you have to literally sit around for 15 minutes to buy a new potted plant.

The fighting system seems to be pretty grindy, you've just got to play a zillion matches to build up. It's fun though.

Game creation is a little opaque, it's not easy to figure out how to make a good game.

I'm liking it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Len posted:

I work in the suburbs and nowhere on the visible map from my building is a point of interest and the thought of pulling out my phone while I drive just to see what's around doesn't really appeal to me

It kind of explains why Gentrification is a thing. My apartment has a ton of pokestations within walking distance, from public fountains and art and other neat things.

The big field of houses just a short distance to the south is a wasteland. I've been on a walk through that neighborhood, just that same boring house over and over again.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

So yuppies and hipsters are flocking back to the big cities for pokemon?

I'm a member of a Facebook group for a neighborhood near me where they're struggling with gentrification. The city has an app where you can report potholes and stuff, and supposedly developers and speculators have been driving around poorer areas and using the app to report weeds, chipped paint, fences with holes etc.

That area is pretty sensitive about people wandering around taking pictures of stuff with phones, so the word that's been going around is to wear a backwards hat to let people know you're on Pokemon business.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
For minesweeper collector, there's a great feature you might not have noticed. Long press on a number, and if all the unmarked squares around it are equal to the number of remaining mines left for that square, it'll autofill them. If you short press, and there's a number of marked squares equal to the square's number, it auto-reveals the others.

So:
code:
2yx
1Xy
Long press on the lower left 1 and it'll fill the upper case X. Then, tap the other two 1's and it'll reveal the y spaces.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Morter posted:

I found out about that pretty quickly, and I made sure to long press all the numbers in my screenshots (save for the upper left 1) before I made the post.

Oh, I see. Yeah, that makes sense now.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Remember Fiz? Yeah, the one in the OP:

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

Simulation
Anything Kairosoft - Pick a flavor and go with it.
Fiz

They've got a new thing brewing!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JacVmxoYDFw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

socialsecurity posted:

Melvor is great because it has no microtransactions that I can tell so it's not balanced around that nonsense.
Oh yeah, that's one of the things that made Fiz good, it's a zero microtransactions/IAP model. Seems like the dev intends to keep the same approach in this new game as well.