Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I'm forever cursed to not eat apple cinnamon french toast sticks, I was super pissed as a kid because they were an awesome treat I'd never had, then a stomach bug suddenly showed up five minutes later and I couldn't ever stand the thought of them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BattyKiara posted:

Mine is celery. I gag and wretch whenever I try to eat celery.

Same, but that's just because celery sucks.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

CloFan posted:

How many of you fuckers are still rinsing after brushing?

Say what you will about this website, it has legitimately changed my life in at least one way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Aw, you're finally starting to live up to your username :unsmith:

So many years wasted shouting at people to floss and brush regularly, but also to rinse immediately afterwards :negative:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

500excf type r posted:

Isnt it on like every tube of toothpaste as well as instructions from the ADA not to drink or rinse for at least 2 minutes? What did you people do in the bathroom before smartphones

I have never been bored enough to read toothpaste instructions, even in the ancient pre-smartphone era.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ferrule posted:

I used to do the package design for them. So if you want boring...

That is probably the most ultra-specific random relevant experience I've seen around here.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Starting to think life might just be easier without teeth, tbh.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

You know that horrible pain when you finally warm up an extremity after it's been numb from the cold for way too long? It gets so bad it can make people scream and/or puke.

Amphigory posted:

We call that "chillblains"

Not the funniest picture, I'll agree

From the Funny Pictures thread of all places, I always thought chilblains were cold sores (which is a pretty :haw: mistake in retrospect)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

Uh, folks?

Welp, back to rinsing!

Sad to see another poster fall sway to the whims of Big Cavity

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Honestly, I'm just gonna start telling people to carefully coat their teeth in fresh toothpaste and let it sit for at least three hours because who the gently caress even knows

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

beanieson posted:

Colgate is staying out of the rinse/don’t rinse debate all together, but definitely don’t swallow.

Brushers can swallow a one inch strip, as a treat

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Phy posted:

Things I learned yesterday: it's not pronounced "Butt-a-geeg"

Not having TV/radio news and sticking to print news online, I'm only now consciously realizing that I have no idea how to pronounce it since I've never heard it spoken aloud.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Political slams aside, I don't see how you couldn't just lean into this. Like every ad at some point has one or more butts that he's looking at thoughtfully.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

There's a reason they call them "stink bugs" because I just smushed one with my bare hands (didn't have a rolled up newspaper or whatnot handy) and now I'm washing my hands like Lady Macbeth. Bleeeeurrrgh

It's always bugged bothered me that those are the famous ones while ladybugs smell just as godawful to me, and they're way more common where I've lived. Probably the invasive "not technically ladybugs" kind, but I'm not 100% sure.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

Lady bugs are pretty famous tho, they look nice and are art of a healthy garden ecosystem.

Oh I just mean that everyone ignores how bad they smell despite their positives. It's probably the dumb fake ladybugs though.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Who the gently caress goes around sniffing ladybirds?

[everyone gathers around and kind of looks uncomfortable] I'm sorry to say, this is an intervention

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Bats are bugs, though.

BATS AREN'T BUGS!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

The English "etymology" is a compound word made up of two Greek roots, etymos ("fictional") and logos ("word")

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Olive! posted:

Donkey Kong Country 2

The first one blew my mind like a decade after the game came out, but I saw that tweet too and don't remember ever noticing the incorrect spelling anywhere :confused:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

I keep my toilet brush in the shower so I can clean myself and wash off the poop chunks at the same time.

Yeah but what's the toilet brush have to do with that

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I saved so much time once I added in drinking and pooping to my shower routine, I really don't know how I got along before.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Friend posted:

And people who sit, do they just reach their hand through the gap in their legs (butt crack??) and hope they don't touch the water?

Of course not, you just scoop and splash. It's like a free bidet!!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

mostlygray posted:

I've tried a bidet a couple times. I just think the duck walk thing to get to the bidet is weird. I would like to try one of those Toto seats that has integrated sprayers and such. That could be nice.

:stare: I completely forgot that there are bidets not collocated with the toilet. Now I'm just gonna imagine the squatty poopwalk every time someone busts in with a :smug: the bidet is God's own method of cleaning your rear end

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

gleebster posted:

Maude does not rhyme with God in most parts of the United States. Maybe just where you are.

How's it pronounced when it doesn't rhyme? Anxious to figure out something completely new today.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

gleebster posted:

Maude rhymes with sawed or clawed. The middle dipthong is "aw" as in Pawtucket, or caudle.

God rhymes with cod or pod. The middle vowel is "ah" as in flan or Khan.

At least wherever I've heard it here in the US. Elsewhere it may be different, as I admitted.

I always forget, I can never really get the differences between some common pairs like that. It's like my brain just smooths them over so they sound the same no matter what.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

Aren't you still supposed to wipe before using the bidet? Guess I've been doing that wrong.

Hell if I know, I stop after the toilet paper as George Washington intended :911::patriot::911:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It's a one-time thing, it'll clean you for sure but you've gotta save it for the time you really need it 'cause there's no going back.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Inceltown posted:

Yeah, jokes have lost all meaning in the current timeline. Simultaneously everything is a joke and nothing is a joke, it's known as Trumpdingers Paradox

I've identified a solution to identifying whether or not something is a joke, it's to simply turn off your monitor

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I would never test an experimental methodology on myself! :eng101:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Dip Viscous posted:

The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations

"She's giving me the excitations", not "egg citations".

Those at least sound similar, but why would I assume it was eggs? And then not question it for my entire life?

It was the '60s, maaan

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

ELO's Showdown did it for me, to this day I can't hear "It's unreal, the suffering" as anything but "It's a real submarine". To be fair, this was before Jeff Lynne learned how to sing.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Memento posted:

OK I thought it was called Phoenix Down because it saved you after you went down.

:negative:

:same:
(Although in my defense almost everything I knew about FF was hearsay since I more or less skipped the franchise myself)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

My strongest memory of that entire trilogy is of a fart echoing underwater and alerting enemies to a sub's presence

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've never understood wooden butter knives, they just seem like oil/fat would eventually osmote their way in, giving you a gross grease trap. Maybe I'm just a filthy American too accustomed to using metalware as our founding fathers intended though :911:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Here in AMERICA we read out joke posts to their conclusion! :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I dunno if you guys have ever tasted a ranch, but.....not great

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

FreudianSlippers posted:

Japanimation is a portmanteau of Japan and Animation

"Anime" is a useless portmanteau and should have been called "Japanime" from the start :colbert:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hyperlynx posted:

Why would Japanese people call their own animation "Japanime"?

It's like when we slap :911:s on everything

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

This should help clear things up:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

purple death ray posted:

Here's something yall just figured out: it's Indecent Proposal, not An Indecent Proposal

I knew that one had to be an outlier, it was right there in the data :eng99: