Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

syscall girl posted:

I knew someone who thought "ftw" meant "gently caress the world"
It does, for outlaw bikers and old punks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

I just learned that you're supposed to moisturize your balls.
Not if there's nothing wrong with them.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'd say 85% of ordinary men have dry balls. Spit on them, slap some lotion on them, olive oil, Pam, whatever--moisturize your balls, gentlemen.
I must be fortunate, then. I de-moisturize mine, just like Shaq.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Is that what he is referring to when he says "A little shake, a little tingle" in those commercials?
It tingles a bit when you put it on, from menthol. Somebody here on the forums saw him use far more than just a little one day at the gym.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Lady Naga posted:

There's a joke in the Simpsons where Homer is trying to remember Don Quixote and Marge says the title, but until I watched the episode with the subtitles I was super confused because I thought she was saying "Donkey Oatie".
It's Donkey Hodie.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Being saucy.
Like being sauced.

Like drunk.

You guessed wrong.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Crow Jane posted:

So I don't have to worry about one falling on my head?

Not accidentally

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

HaB posted:

Because Gandhi, Mussolini and Kennedy were all on coke? :confused:

That might explain some things about Mussolini.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Or the Arab world getting oranges by way of Portugal and thus naming them by it.

Or Britain thinking 'The Wave' originated in Mexico.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Oscar Hands, of course.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Hirayuki posted:

I was going for Hans.

I was going along with it, silent d and all. (But I had to figure out who you were talking about, first.)

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

You know how the paint stirring sticks you get free from the HW store when you get a bucket of paint have that little curved in section?

It's not there to just be the "handle", it also helps you scrape paint of out the roller:
http://i.imgur.com/a6C5kjc.mp4

And paint can openers are also bottle openers.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

There's more than one way to interpret 'Hell of The Horny Dragon'.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Rushi posted:

like i flew over some flat states for the first time in my life and oh my lord they're so flat and so sweepingly forever lasting

That's why they're not called drive-through states.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Florid leaf

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

A taco is more of a hot dog, as the shell is connected, like a hot dog bun.

A sandwich that's connected is a fold-over.

What is it when a hot dog bun disconnects?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

someone awful. posted:

Disappointing

So true

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

NAG posted:

a priest keeping X plot device in a jar
Sounds something like Prince of Darkness (if it was really big jar).

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

silence_kit posted:

I’m a little late to the discussion but my favorite US small town pronunciation is Versailles (Ver-SALES), IL.

My home town has a street like that. It's kind of ridiculous, but it's our ridiculous. Someone had a good explanation for those who think it's 'wrong' to pronounce it the local way: 'Ver-sigh' is a place in France; Ver-sales is a street here.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Croccers posted:

Ah yes, when someone (Viral marketing? Bored mums?) tried to make it sound ~*fancy*~

It's a joke. An old joke.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Man, what the gently caress is this?

They both had singers named Roger.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

SLOSifl posted:

Mouse isn’t well, he stayed back at the hotel.

Well enough to be riding that motorcycle around the halls, though.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Tiggum posted:

Are you saying you pronounce "draught" as "drott"? Because that is not how you pronounce "draught".

You don't know that when you're seven (in the US).

syscall girl posted:

I'm saying if you read it in a book it looks like it should be pronounced like "caught" much like "gaol" should have a hard 'g'

I knew that gaol meant the same thing as jail (because Mr. Toad got locked up), but thought that it was something like a weird spelling of goal.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Sir Shake-a-Lot

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

Something something Keelhull.
Is that a British spelling?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

^^^ It's definitely "keelhaul", as in they are being hauled along the keel (the "spine" of the ship, running along the bottom center). I can see how you got to keelhull though.

I know, and I'm not the one who wrote keelhull.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

I pronounce it like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b8oEcFmQD0&t=134s

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

zedprime posted:

Obligatory obtuse "what's the difference"

One means to write before, and the other means to write through.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Lotion Tester posted:

The metal strip over the flint wheel on disposable Bic lighters is supposed to be a child-proof safety. I'd always assumed it was basically packaging and meant to prevent the lighter from striking while being knocked around in shipping or something, and pulled it off as soon as I got the lighter. It turns out that it's completely possible to leave it on and still use the lighter.

They added that and removed the thumbwheel that controlled the size of the flame. :corsair:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

gschmidl posted:

I dunno what US toilet outlets look like but I have a wall-mounted spigot in the toilet that I just put a splitter on to have two hoses, one for the cistern, one for the bidet

Just like that, but people call it a shutoff valve rather than a spigot (if they even know it's there.) In plumbing lingo it's called an angle stop.

The bidet attachment is awesome.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

I didn't just figure it out, but it took me decades to realize why OJ Simpson was nicknamed "The Juice".

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Continuing on the Western theme: a couple of months ago, I realized that the sheriff in Blazing Saddles is Black Bart.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Apparently she brought her own 💪 guns 💪

And had a British equity card.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Captain Hygiene posted:

:aaaaa:

OK so what the hell am I supposed to say when I want someone to do the opposite? Antiravel it? Counterunravel it?

Wind it. Or tangle it, if you want to be messy about it.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

HawkHill posted:

Poor old Herb Cain. This would have killed him if weren't for the fact that he's already dead.

It might have killed him that you called him Cain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

flavor.flv posted:

Second, ferrets have loving weird ones

Not quite as weird looking as goats, toads, et cetera.